corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any body used copart before ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any body used copart before ?
laingyla

User status: Offline
8th Apr 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any body been there can you just look around ?

http://www.copart.co.uk/c2/home.html
scunnylad

8th Apr 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work on there trucks. They dont allow you around there cars unless they have open days. You have to pay for subscipfuons to allow you.to go to the auctions too but they do have some awesome cars what are just stollen recoverd what go for silly cheap
Gsi_Ire

8th Apr 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hasnt Ian used them too?
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yhea £50 to register but the price some of the cars are going for is silly cheap
BeArDy

8th Apr 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use it 2-3 time a week buying 5+ cars a week.
Very good site BUT can become over priced as alot of non traders on there
AndyCorsaSport

8th Apr 12 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't see what they go for. They go off the site into a private auction 30mins before and they get bid up more then. Which you can only see if you are a logged in member.

And iirc you have to be a trade/company to register. I use it through work. Managers bought loads off there.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually get a few cars per week, auction prices look cheap but if you're not logged in you're not seeing the proper prices.

Prices on the lot pages are preliminary bidding and will often go up in the live auction. Then you have a buyer's premium which varies based on the bid price, then a loading fee, then VAT.

Its good but its not infinite cheap cars like it might appear.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by Ian]
AndyCorsaSport

8th Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loading fee is a bastard ain't it
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£10 for that guy to bosh out on his digger and lash it on the trailer, yeah, not cheap.
AndyCorsaSport

8th Apr 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't mean expensive. Just the fact some cars are driveable but they have to load them for you
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how does it look you just bid like on eBay or something ? Never used these before always bought off salvage yards where you can go look around and buy them there and then. Would you guys recommend them over a old fashioned salvage yard ?
BeArDy

8th Apr 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sit on a live auction and watch each car go threw, very fast.
I use chester alot which is Tue's and Thurs around 1pm and last about 1-2hours.
You can go and look at the cars anytime.

What are you looking at copart for?
big eck

8th Apr 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a B7 RS4 for sale a while ago on there for £14k. All it said was wrong was it needed a clutch and the V5 was missing as it was a repossession. I tried to mail and phone them about it but didn't get a reply
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally go to billy furbers in Prees but his prices have gone up and the vans and cars are getting shitter , hence why I'm just wondering about chester one as izts nearer you know the Chester one can you go there and just walk in so to speak ? And you mean go there tues and thurs actually in person or online ?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't really phone them about it, you need to just be a member and bid, the only way you'll get more information is if you go and see it yourself, which you can only also do if you're a member.

Also did it specify the clutch? Mostly you'll only get a mechanical damage category but it won't itemise which component and could be more than one.

There are enough people on it that stuff doesn't go silly cheap. RS4 would have been very popular no doubt.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by laingyla
you know the Chester one can you go there and just walk in so to speak ? And you mean go there tues and thurs actually in person or online ?
No and no, you can't even browse, you need to choose a car online and go tell them you want to see that one and they'll take you to it.
BeArDy

8th Apr 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no online auction on tue and thurs, sit behind your computer and bid away.
half the time i sit there and buy cars i dident even want just because they where cheap.
Only downside to copart is its sucess, prices can be high as alot of export lads on there.
I buy loads of corsa c's and i have seen them like ian says the same money undamaged.
CAT B's is where the cheap cars are but you will need brakers licence.
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right I'll just pay up and see how it goes
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do me a favour and don't buy any Pumas.
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally just get stolen recoverds clean them up and sell them on but Breakers licence ? Hmm sounds good how'd you go about gettin one ?
big eck

8th Apr 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You can't really phone them about it, you need to just be a member and bid, the only way you'll get more information is if you go and see it yourself, which you can only also do if you're a member.

Also did it specify the clutch? Mostly you'll only get a mechanical damage category but it won't itemise which component and could be more than one.

There are enough people on it that stuff doesn't go silly cheap. RS4 would have been very popular no doubt.

I thought there was a reason thy didn't mail back. Yea it said in the ad that it was a repo car and the V5 wasn't available and that it only required a clutch. Colin posted a link about on here a good few months ago now.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never known them say much more than what category it is and that it is mechanical damage. Occasionally you get additional info but that is stuff like how many owners or if its unrecorded how much MOT etc. left.

Never seen them say exactly what is wrong. I've also had a few with failing clutches and its never been itemised on those even after I'd bought them.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Apr 12 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by laingyla
I normally just get stolen recoverds clean them up and sell them on but Breakers licence ? Hmm sounds good how'd you go about gettin one ?
If its a cat B, yes. You need Waste Carriers and Waste Processing from the Environment Agency, not easy.
laingyla

8th Apr 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sac that then I'll stick to what I know best
Fro

9th Apr 12 at 04:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used a few times as Dad is registered. He buys quite a few and has got some very good deals.

Ones i have had:
Golf anniversary was unrecorded, got it for half what they were going for at the time. (they didn't list in the auction that the block and a hole in it though...)
Mk6.5 Zetec-S
Golf VR6

As Ian has said though the price you see them at as a non member isn't what they usually go for due to the additional fees and the private 'live' auction.

My next will probably be from there too.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any body used copart before ? 22 database queries in 0.1078091 seconds