corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Credit Cards

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Credit Cards
p

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering what credit cards people have on here, what's the best going about in terms of APR etc

Any advice would be good. http://www.moneysupermarket.com/credit-cards/
N3CRO

23rd Feb 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Capital One, maxed out
James

23rd Feb 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These days it's more a case of finding the one with the longest 0% period. The link you posted should tell you that.
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just got a barclaycard platinum with 0% on balance transfers and purchases for 14 months.

tesco clubcard is 0% for 15 months and you get points so its a good deal.
Ben G

23rd Feb 12 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

halifax all in one has good offers on too now, i've got 5 all in need to cancel them only barclaycard has money on.
Marc

23rd Feb 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclaycard Platinum.

Can redeem bonus offers against high street stores too. I get money accumilated for Shell transactions (Although you can not currently redeem those )

Online is quite good too.
John

23rd Feb 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a capital one card cashback card before christmas, extra cashback for the first couple of months, got quite a bit back over christmas and new year.
Graham88

23rd Feb 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barclaycard Platinum also, 0% runs out in April so need to apply for a new one really
Aaron

23rd Feb 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have two Natwest ones. One for personal use, and the other for anything work related (Hotels and Fuel etc)

No idea what the % is for each card....because i pay it off in full each month. I honestly can't get my head round why people insist on getting 0% cards. If you can't afford to buy something...save up for it. This is one of the biggest problems with the world IMO.

Queue the haterz who are living on the never never
oceansoul

23rd Feb 12 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just have one with my bank, lloyds. Only reason is i can pay it with 1 click on the internet banking
Fro

24th Feb 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
I have two Natwest ones. One for personal use, and the other for anything work related (Hotels and Fuel etc)

No idea what the % is for each card....because i pay it off in full each month. I honestly can't get my head round why people insist on getting 0% cards. If you can't afford to buy something...save up for it. This is one of the biggest problems with the world IMO.

why would you outlay a chunk of cash that you could potentially be earning interest on when you can spread the cost of it without any penalties?
whitter45

24th Feb 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

why would you outlay a chunk of cash that you could potentially be earning interest on when you can spread the cost of it without any penalties?

exactly - providing you pay it back over the term whats the issue
noshua

24th Feb 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or something unexpected comes up, like a problem with the car/house etc
Aaron

24th Feb 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Or something unexpected comes up, like a problem with the car/house etc

Yes, i agree with this use for a credit card...but, just buying things because you want it there and then isnt right. It's just me personal opinion, and its the way i've been brought up. I've been brought up to live within my means. I've never been rash with purchases. I've saved up for big purchases such as cars, DJ'ig equipment and snowboards. I havent just whacked them on a credit card and then had to shuffle the balance around to different cards when the 0% interest has got close to running out.
Aaron

24th Feb 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, i dont like debt. I dont like the idea of knowing that i owe someone money.
Ben G

24th Feb 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a mortgage aaron?

bit of a narrow minded view you have tbh. i always put the car insurance on the credit card and pay it off over the year as it works out cheaper than paying interest with monthly payments.

also, if i want something for the house, i can put it on there rather than waiting a year to save up for it.

i think you need to come out of your war rationed cave and live in the modern world. take advantage of being good with money and savings and the 0% deals are a good choice.

it's only the retards that get themselves into all sorts of shit who shouldn't get them.
pow
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with taking advantage of offers like 0% interest and being sensible with money. I certainly will be when I move out so I can have a sofa to sit on and some food to eat
AndyKent

24th Feb 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of furniture companies offer their own 0%.

I kinda see Aarons point, in that if you forget to move something you'll be hit with a big charge and if its not a massive amount of money, the interest you earn leaving cash in the back is awful.

On £1000 you might earn £20-£30 tops. I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I use my credit card for everything though, if only for the cashback for money I'm spending anyway.

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by AndyKent]
whitter45

24th Feb 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also if you don't have a mortgage its a good way of improving your credit score - providing you keep up repayments
Fro

24th Feb 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That too, plus some banks let you offset your savings against your mortgage. Can invest with you cash etc
Tom

24th Feb 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
also if you don't have a mortgage its a good way of improving your credit score - providing you keep up repayments

Somethings gone wrong with my credit rating recently and i've just got one of those shitty rate vanquis credit cards for the sole purpose of improving my credit rating. Rate is awful but i'm just going to fill up my car a couple of times a month and pay off the balance each month.

I used to have 4/5 credit cards, was very silly with them but that was down to my attitude, free money... it was not!
whitter45

24th Feb 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
That too, plus some banks let you offset your savings against your mortgage. Can invest with you cash etc

yeah offset mortgages are good if you have savings
Aaron

24th Feb 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
do you have a mortgage aaron?

bit of a narrow minded view you have tbh. i always put the car insurance on the credit card and pay it off over the year as it works out cheaper than paying interest with monthly payments.

also, if i want something for the house, i can put it on there rather than waiting a year to save up for it.

i think you need to come out of your war rationed cave and live in the modern world. take advantage of being good with money and savings and the 0% deals are a good choice.

it's only the retards that get themselves into all sorts of shit who shouldn't get them.

No mate....no mortgage.

Narrow minded? I don't think so to be honest. Perhaps I think you're narrow minded if you like to put it on a credit card rather than save up for it. That's the beauty of an opinion. Who gives a fuck if not a single person on here agrees with what I believe is the correct financial way to live?
Aaron

24th Feb 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way. I aren't saying credit cards are wrong. Every transaction I make on plastic (99% of the things I buy tbh) is done on one of my credit cards, however, the difference is that I like to pay off the full balance right away...in one lump sum.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking love 0% credit cards. If you're anywhere near organised you can save a bloody fortune on stuff. I've bought holidays, insurance and put down massive car deposits by spanking 0% cards. In turn, I don't need to bend over and pay interest to the travel agents/insurers or car finance people.

Only a mug saves up for stuff nowadays, the only people dafter than savers are people who use credit cards and fuck it up - ending up in a world of uncontrollable debt

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll