corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by the Bible

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek thread sponsored by the Bible
Tom

User status: Offline
24th Feb 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Ajax were fantastic, much better than Napoli.

United bossed the first half mind, not sure what happened in the second, lack of experience maybe but scholes coming on made such a difference, ok so hes not the most elegant player but he breaks up the play so well.

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by Steve]

What the hell are you on about

Scholes was all over the shop when he came on, he's normally pretty decent passing wise.... he's certanly no DM type. As if anyone would give him main responsibility to go and tackle anyone
Tom

24th Feb 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Ajax looked decent, some really good young players coming through as always. They lacked a 'proper' striker for large periods and just played themselves into blind alleys for periods.

Oh and at the Ajax fans, they were quality as far as I could tell
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stfu you dont have a fuckling clue what you are talking about, Scholes made a night and day difference, go back and watch the match again and watch where ajax were pressing before scholes was brought on then where the pressure was after, and how united subsequently diffused the pressure, then watch where scholes was, the inteceptions he made and the Ajax play he broke up

Tom

24th Feb 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
stfu you dont have a fuckling clue what you are talking about, Scholes made a night and day difference, go back and watch the match again and watch where ajax were pressing before scholes was brought on then where the pressure was after, and how united subsequently diffused the pressure, then watch where scholes was, the inteceptions he made and the Ajax play he broke up

I think you'll find the biggest difference was Erikson going off Steve. Scholes took about 10 minutes to get into the game, even afterwards he wasn't applying himself as you would expect.

Just because I don't take Graham Taylor's words as gospel doesn't mean I'm wrong. It was hardly 'inspired' to bring Evans and Scholes on, as referenced by the fact you let another goal in and lost the game afterwards.

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by Tom]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regardless of the circumstance he made a massive difference in the game last night if you think that he wasnt playing his best then fair enough but he made a big change, They would have probably scored a lot sooner imo
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Aren't spurs the favourites for him at the moment?

He'd be awesome alongside vermaelen, he is a brilliant defender as well, wasted at arsenal
Vermaelens former CB partner + replaced him as captain + his CB partner for Belgium.

But then Hazard is Verms cousin and he now seems to be swayign away from Arse so who knows
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ajax were fantastic, much better than Napoli.
you literally do not have a clue
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
I thought Ajax were marvellous. Their youth team beat Barca's 4-0 recently. If they can hang on to those players then who knows what they'll achieve. Unfortunately they're not rich anymore and have to 'do a Crewe' to keep afloat
whio else is looking good atm? I know they have vertoghen and van der wiel in defence (dont think VDW gt sold did he?) and Eriksen... is El Mahoudi still there?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right so you think Napoli were better then Ajax? get a flaming grip, you are just saying thats because its me and you assume i dont have a clue, Napoli were a shambles everywhere esepcially defence, cavani and levazzi were good though, ajax were a different class, at least last night anyway, passing, movement, defence, all were in a different league to napoli

it may be napoli are a better side usually, i wouldnt comment on that as iv not watched enough of them or ajax, but the two respective games i saw Ajax were massively better

Nath

24th Feb 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ajax played better last night than Napoli did on Tuesday.
Tom

24th Feb 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Right so you think Napoli were better then Ajax? get a flaming grip, you are just saying thats because its me and you assume i dont have a clue, Napoli were a shambles everywhere esepcially defence, cavani and levazzi were good though, ajax were a different class, at least last night anyway, passing, movement, defence, all were in a different league to napoli

it may be napoli are a better side usually, i wouldnt comment on that as iv not watched enough of them or ajax, but the two respective games i saw Ajax were massively better

Napoli's defense was worse than Ajax's i'll give you that, but i'd be more worried about playing Napoli than Ajax. It's not just Lavezzi and Cavani who are top draw, you can add Inler and Hamsek to that list too.

Ajax were a bit toothless in the final third from open play, something you can't accuse Napoli of.
Tom

24th Feb 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Ajax had more control, definitely. Napoli are more of a threat though, they attack and commit numbers forward which has worked well for them so far. Chelsea were a shamble defensivley, but I reckon Napoli would give United a game too.
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Dossena...

Tom

24th Feb 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
And Dossena...

He's got nothing on Gibbs Bob.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going mad here because england are going to win the euros
Nath

24th Feb 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Ajax had more control, definitely. Napoli are more of a threat though, they attack and commit numbers forward which has worked well for them so far. Chelsea were a shamble defensivley, but I reckon Napoli would give United a game too.

Yep. I was merely talking about this week. Overall Napoli are well ahead of Ajax.
mwg

24th Feb 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Napoli would be an awesome team if they had a better defence. I like their away shirt too.
Tom

24th Feb 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Napoli would be an awesome team if they had a better defence. I like their away shirt too.

Agreed.

quote:
Im going mad here because england are going to win the euros

Russ

24th Feb 12 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Plus it was a Europa league game last night, no one cares about them.
quoted for when you win it
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still good enough for 67k people to care about
Russ

24th Feb 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go away Steve
mwg

24th Feb 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a mickey mouse cup. You can quote this too.
Russ

24th Feb 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For when u get knock out?
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
And Dossena...

He's got nothing on Gibbs Bob.
old glassfoot himslf lol.

my point was that dossena seems a decent player all of a sudden
Robbo

24th Feb 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arshavin joinging Zenit on loan Benayoun to fill in

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek thread sponsored by the Bible 23 database queries in 0.1060469 seconds