corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue corsa b
ArdenAndy

User status: Offline
10th Aug 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!
ArdenAndy

10th Aug 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got both the gaiters on, they make the interior look much cleaner and i think the blue stitching is sweet without looking silly

[Edited on 10-08-2012 by ArdenAndy]
ArdenAndy

15th Aug 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my insurance sorted today just over £3100 with adrian flux, really good compared to the well over £5000 with everyone else aha, just need to sort the tax out now, constant money money money with this thing
ArdenAndy

25th Aug 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havnt really been doing much with the car other than driving it so not really much to update on, but got the stiff gears sorted out, replaced the gear linkage arm thing..

it was only a 5 min job to switch them and it made the gears a bit smoother, but when leaving work the day after the car wouldnt go into gear at all only way i could get it into gear was by turning the car off then starting it in gear, so i started the car in second and drove it home in second although i managed to ram it into third on one strech of road, at every junction that i had to stop at i had to turn the car off put it into second start it and pull off in second, was not a fun experience to say the least haaha, my dad adjusted the gear linkage and the adjusted the clutch cable and now its changing gear smoothly, it also doesnt crunch when selecting reverse now either

ArdenAndy

3rd Sep 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after going out with the family we had to come home on a recovery truck again as my clutch cable snapped.

on the A5 which is pretty busy we were stuck behind a lorry so i wanted to pass it, as i was beside the lorry i went to change into 5th and the clutch just popped and fell to the floor, used the momentum i had to roll in nutral infront of the lorry and then slowed and turned onto a lane of the busy road, lorry driver must have thought i was a right tool for passing him then turning off so soon

got bored and took a few bad quality photos

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by ArdenAndy]

[Edited on 03-09-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Gary
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been there and done that. Had to get a mate to nip and pick up a new cable then fit it at the side of the road. Not fun with a hot engine
CORSAguy93

3rd Sep 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, gutted for ya man. Not a nice experience, especially under those circumstances haha
ArdenAndy

3rd Sep 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary- yeah i bet! i went and got a clutch cable once i got home and fitted it, couldnt even think how it would be with a hot engine

CORSAguy93- nahh it wasnt to great if im honest, it kind of ruined what was going to be a good day with the family before i go back to college and my lil sis goes back to school, ahh well eh haha

Also thought i would inform anyone who was interested that the return spring for the clutch is resting on the cable where it snapped so i think that rubs on the cable making it weak, because the cable that snapped was only 5 months old so should have had loads of life left in it, my dads going to change the position of the spring tomorrow
ArdenAndy

22nd Sep 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine just passed his test and got himself a corsa, i really like this colour!

got myself a tigra scuttle panel and replaced my indicator stalk, also got the washer bottle and motor sorted

[Edited on 22-09-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Jamie-C

23rd Sep 12 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love Tigra scuttles. Every Corsa should have 1!
CORSAguy93

23rd Sep 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice rare colour that, hard to replace if it get damaged though, as I found with my Rio Verde. Car looks good Andy, still need bigger wheels and more lows
ArdenblueDan

23rd Sep 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car looks good dude are you going to lower it at all?
ArdenAndy

23rd Sep 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys! i thought arden blue was the best looking but since having it i seem to like every other colour more ahaa, yeahh i have 15inch cav expressions waiting for tyres the tyres on them atm are good tyres but they are just to big! going to get myself some 195/50/15`s and lower it 60mm on springs and shocks hopefully be able to invest into some softstars once i haves sorted out work aswell
ArdenblueDan

23rd Sep 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a plan buddy
Brannaz

25th Sep 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good that mate, the tigra scuttles go well with the arden like, I like your mates corsa colour like just a shame about the lexus lights to be honest
ArdenAndy

25th Sep 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers! yeah the scuttle has made more of a difference than i thought it would have done, ahaa yeah im not a fan either, but aslong as he is happy eh they are growing on me though

[Edited on 07-10-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Brannaz

27th Sep 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i've got a tigra scuttle on my arden like makes a huge difference and only cost me a fiver so I was laughing , yeah exactly its his car at the end of the day, think i'd rather have his colour than an arden but at least same colour parts are easier to come by with an arden
ArdenAndy

27th Sep 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does indeed! yeahh my friend is now looking for one, all the tigras in local scrappies have no scuttles ahaa, i prefere his colour to but yeah there are plenty of arden parts flying about
ArdenAndy

6th Oct 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went with a friend a while back and got him a arden blue spoiler which my dad resprayed for him, colour match isnt perfect but its pretty good, we also fitted his sportex backbox

few other pics of the cars

a friend of mine gave me a set of wind deflectors and a laguna splitter, i have put the wind deflectors on along with another sticker. the laguna splitter will be on soon

my mum got me a fire extinguisher so got that fitted aswell i think it looks great there and the matt my dad made covers the screws

[Edited on 06-10-2012 by ArdenAndy]

[Edited on 07-10-2012 by ArdenAndy]
BeetleGav

6th Oct 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me can't believe howmuch your paying for your insurance! Extinguiser is a good touch. Wouldn't last long there in my car, would either drop off with my suspension or get booted off lol

If have mounted it further back actually
ArdenblueDan

7th Oct 12 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That splitter will look nice dude
ArdenAndy

7th Oct 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Fuck me can't believe howmuch your paying for your insurance! Extinguiser is a good touch. Wouldn't last long there in my car, would either drop off with my suspension or get booted off lol

If have mounted it further back actually

its mental aint it :/ yeah i think it looks pretty good, ahaa i have a friend who will proberly end up spraying it out the window at pedestrians when he realises its there -_- just fitted the dude with the satin corsa`s fire extinguisher, he wanted his a bit further back than mine so it isnt as visable
ArdenAndy

7th Oct 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
That splitter will look nice dude

yeah i cant wait to get it on
ArdenAndy

19th Oct 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought a new radiator as mine is leaking, i have had to refill the water everyday for the past week aha, so will hopefully get that put on tomorrow along with the laguna splitter, my dad also resprayed the end of my bonnet where he had got rid of the rust
my friend has had two sets of wheels for his car, he is looking for cav slabs or astra wheels but these popped up first set..

second set, 16 inch team dynamics pro race 2..

he is getting rid of these though as he wants some 15inch vauxhall wheels
ArdenblueDan

20th Oct 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those would look awesome with a subtle drop too get him to sign up buddy it's a lovely colour too and you splitter is going to look good mate it'll make the front look a lot lower

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b 23 database queries in 0.1776249 seconds