corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 44 cylinders, 2 turbos and 24 litres of car(s)... so far!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 44 cylinders, 2 turbos and 24 litres of car(s)... so far!
karisma_corsa

User status: Offline
8th Nov 12 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I never noticed before, are they Fiesta rear lights behind that glass?

Yep, and on the chimera it has cavalier gsi lights turned upside down.
antnee

8th Nov 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend had a T350, another awesome car. Owned it for about 18months and the only problem was the alternator went the week he sold it

Yours looks lovely, really like the colour
Corsa_Sport21

8th Nov 12 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by karisma_corsa
quote:

Griffith.
random dav
Premium Member

10th Nov 12 at 04:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome car, my favourite TVR

WRLFC !

Project cars
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Nov 12 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how have i not noticed this before, fair play buying something different, looks cool, nothing like a v8 rumble

if i was gonna have a TVR id have to go out an get a Sagaris myself
sam_homepc
Premium Member

14th Nov 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ad Blue B
Step-dad has a chimeara, can't trust it no more due to it deciding to leak fuel from multiple places not long ago, then after filling the tank no leaks anywhere! they have a mind of their own when it comes to leaking... they are still unbelievable cars

Lol at the chimeara on the right (first pic) with the cover to stop the roof leaking!

They're untrustworthy, unreliable and make you sooo angry when you can't drive them, but 5 minutes in one and all is forgotten lol!

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Lovely but you have too much money (Says he with a 1971 camper van)

Lol, thanks (I think)!

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Epic

Lovely car

Cheers bud

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Haha is that the 'jap jag' that's a micra basically? And has a boot with a weight restriction?

No idea on the boot, but yeah 1.0 3cyl Micra N-CVT (auto) lol!

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Envy overload over here.

Ditto. Sam is my hero

Thanks gents. It actually wasn't going to stay as I test drove a few others (Corvette C4, Aston DB7 V12, VXR8, Jag XKR 4.2 & 5.0 Supercharged) but nothing compares to this so until I can afford a GTR it's staying!

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
A friend had a T350, another awesome car. Owned it for about 18months and the only problem was the alternator went the week he sold it

Yours looks lovely, really like the colour

Thanks, defo prefer this colour to my prev one too!

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by karisma_corsa
quote:

Griffith.

Yup, TVR stole bits from everywhere it seems - under the bonnet I've spotted Ford, Audi, VW and GM logos I think lol!

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
Awesome car, my favourite TVR

Cheers!
I agree, Sag looks more mental but none of the other engines compare to the AJP8s.

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
how have i not noticed this before, fair play buying something different, looks cool, nothing like a v8 rumble

if i was gonna have a TVR id have to go out an get a Sagaris myself

Thanks Steveo!
Sag's are awesome but I couldn't go from a V8 to a straight 6 now!

[Edited on 14-11-2012 by sam_homepc]

Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B - Now Splitting
For Sale Thread
flybikeslee

14th Nov 12 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't expect a TVR. Do like these
sam_homepc
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of rubbish vids:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sam_homepc/8C821652-F46D-495A-980A-46E2D95B46C4-205-00000007C0CB7059.mp4

http://s477.beta.photobucket.com/user/sam_homepc/media/5868C7EA-19C8-4D36-A45E-9F50435FAB81-205-00000007CAE0110A.mp4.html

And a slightly better one:

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr135/sam_homepc/334B61CA-C679-470F-8CFD-444F14FEE1FC-5916-0000028CBD309E00.mp4

[Edited on 12-12-2012 by sam_homepc]

For Sale Thread
sam_homepc
Premium Member

27th Feb 14 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda forgot I had this thread! So the TVR is long gone, it was amazing, frustrating, inspiring, expensive and just unforgettable to own, but the time was right to get rid. Below is the process that the cars since the TVR took (quoted from another forum), including the shortlist, the test drives and the eventual purchases! Apologies in advance for a huge post!

Sam

OK so I've had the TVR for nearly two years now and it may have to make way for something different as I fancy a change.
Here is the list of requirements:

0-60 < 5 seconds
V8/V10/V12
Not common/boring (I will not own an M3/M5!)
Noisy
350BHP+

And my current shortlist:

Mercedes CL600 Bi-Turbo (5.5 litre 500BHP V12 twin turbo)

Vauxhall Monaro VXR (6.0 litre 400BHP V8 supercharged)

Dodge SRT 10 (8.0 litre 400BHP V10 NA)

Corvette C5 Z06 (5.7 litre 400BHP V8 NA)

Lotus Esprit Twin Turbo (3.5 litre 350BHP V8 twin turbo)

*wildcard*
Noble M12 GTO-3R (3.5 litre 350BHP V6 twin turbo)

Opinions, suggestions and comments welcome
Sam

So update. I bought a Monaro (see other thread). But I went shopping all over the place, here are a few cars I looked at with the help of family and friends (cheers Samo!)

VPR Kit Car (5.7l V8 Corvette engine)

2 x Mercedes CL600

And then went to this place since having the Monaro... Sovereign Car Sales : AC Cobra Replicas, Sports and Prestige Cars in Hampshire, UK ...which has just reinforced my want for one of these...

But I know eventually I'll get my dream car...

So here it is, the replacement for the Cerbera!
It's got a bigger engine, more BHP it's bigger in every dimension and most importantly I can drive it everyday - no matter what the weather is like!

So spec:

2004 - 54 Vauxhall Monaro
5.7l v8 NA engine
Personalised plate

Red
Black leather interior

Approx. 430bhp (330bhp standard)
Uprated air intake
Upgraded headers
(basically Monkfish tuning system giving 80-90bhp increase)
Remapped
Wortec exhaust

Traded it for the TVR with cash my way, front end respray on Monaro to get rid of stone-chips, the private plate included and 12 months MOT, service, tax and Platinum Warranty. I did well It's nowhere near as loud as the TVR but it's nearly as fast, much safer and much less in your face! It also does 20mpg average and I can drive it everyday! Not much else to say about it really, it will stay for the year but may go after that along with other car(s) to make way for one (and a house!)

Comments welcome
Oh and here are some useless pics!

Few more pics:

OK, so as I didn't hide it particularly well - here's the new car!

I liked the Monaro, with the mods it was VERY quick and it was comfortable and nice to drive BUT I didn't love it. This car came up, I got offered a deal too good to refuse on part-exchanging the Monaro so here I am!

Welcome to the Mercedes CL600 Bi-Turbo!
Specifications are as follows:

Mercedes CL600
Black
5.5 litre V12 Bi-Turbo engine
Petrol
Automatic
Brembo Brakes
500bhp
0-60mph in 4.6 seconds
Top speed limited to 155mph (rumour has it removing the limiter means 200mph...!)

As for gadgets/functionality the list is never ending, but here are just a few things the CL600 option list included...
Bose speaker system
Heated leather seats
Ventilated (air conditioned) leather seats
Fully electrically adjustable seat
Massage function seats
In-car refridgerator
Auto-opening boot
Heated steering wheel
Distronic cruise control (proximity sensors)
In-car phone
Full navigation system
"Keyless Go" system
DVD and TV
Tyre pressure sensoring
Double glazed windows
Languatronic full voice control
Electrically adjustable suspension
Electronic privacy blind
Electric sunroof
... it really is endless!

It's taking a while to get my head round using all the toys, but as for driving it - can't get enough of it! The power is unbelievable, it just feels effortless and so so smooth! Only downside (maybe) is that it's very quiet, but the addition of the AMG exhaust system (not an if, just a when!) will solve that! On the subject of upgrades/modifications, I have a new set of wheels on the way too as not keen on the ones it came with. Anyway enough talk, see pics below! Comments welcome as always

Here's the car

Couple of interior pics

The wheels I've ordered

And a photoshop of the wheels on the car courtesy of Mr Byrne

More pics when the weather improves!

New wheels arrived and fitted

That's where we're at for now, further updates soon!

For Sale Thread
Jambo

27th May 14 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ this is not good for my CL fetish. I want one so bad

I actually liked the old wheels as I think they are a bit funky for a Merc new ones are sweet too.

How are you finding it? I am going to be up all night on bloody Autotrader now

Nice to see the Esprt on the shopping list, that's one on my list too:
Steve X16XE

28th May 14 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mine had the CL500 many years back. Many things went wrong with it. Even the ABC pump. He let me use it a few times. I made the mistake of putting £10 in the tank and going for a drive I think that was the days before it was over £1 for petrol.

Here's his,

I look forward to hearing the sound track when you get the exhaust fitted
Ian
Site Administrator

28th May 14 at 04:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

barges
Chris x

28th May 14 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How reliable has the Merc been apart from the ABC pump?

[Edited on 28-05-2014 by Chris x]
Jambo

28th May 14 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they have issues with the door looms, due to the sheer weight of the doors this can cause breaks in the wires. This is a rather pricey job to fix as you would imagine.
sam_homepc
Premium Member

28th May 14 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Christ this is not good for my CL fetish. I want one so bad

I actually liked the old wheels as I think they are a bit funky for a Merc new ones are sweet too.

How are you finding it? I am going to be up all night on bloody Autotrader now

Nice to see the Esprt on the shopping list, that's one on my list too:

Haha, buy it, you'll regret it... Well you won't but you'll curse a lot! Wish I'd managed to get a CL65 but there just weren't any and the offer on the Monaro was too good to refuse.

Sold the old wheels for £500 and I didn't like them so I'm pleased, the new ones only cost me £725 (should be double or more that each without tyres!)

It's so different to everything else! The TVR( s ) were unbelievable and I'll never own anything like them again, but it was worrying never knowing if I'd get where I was going, or even start! The Monaro was awesome, so much power (was heavily modified) and so understated but still had a Vaux badge on the front and then there's this, which is like driving your living room around at 1,000,000mph! Insane power, stupidly fast but quiet as a mouse and so comfortable!

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
Mate of mine had the CL500 many years back. Many things went wrong with it. Even the ABC pump. He let me use it a few times. I made the mistake of putting £10 in the tank and going for a drive I think that was the days before it was over £1 for petrol.

£10 in the tank - so you managed to get a mile then before needing to fuel again...?! It's so thirsty haha - although the V8 is better on juice than the V12 I believe? (I'm getting 14.4mpg?!)

Yeah this is the shopping list:

New Single Slat Front Grill £135
Lowered Suspension £300
AMG Quad Exhaust £780
ECU Remap £700 (takes it to 600bhp, 200mph+ and 695ft-lbs torque)

Not too pricey for what you get!

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
barges

Next up GTR. BIG BARGE!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x

How reliable has the Merc been apart from the ABC pump?

[Edited on 28-05-2014 by Chris x]

Useless lol - but I think I've been unlucky. Burst a suspension fluid hose which was only £200ish but 6 hours labour to get to it (had to drop the whole bloody subframe apparently?!) Needed to replace breather hoses and also OSF and NSF ball joints, spring link control arms and bushes but according to the guys at MB it's pretty much pristine now! Haha.

quote:
I know they have issues with the door looms, due to the sheer weight of the doors this can cause breaks in the wires. This is a rather pricey job to fix as you would imagine.

Everything is pricey, but you'd be silly to buy a car like this and expect things to be cheap to repair!

For Sale Thread
Jambo

28th May 14 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

200mph

According to my Merc master tech mate (ex) that the abc lowers the ride height about 120/50 I can't remember which to improve stability and drag

Ignoring the ridiculous cost it's just about the perfect "daily" I could imagine.

What's the steering like? Much feel? Or just permanent waft?
Chris x

28th May 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If yours remaps to that Sam, what's different to your engine compared to the S65? Just map?

What will mine remap to?
sam_homepc
Premium Member

29th May 14 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
200mph

According to my Merc master tech mate (ex) that the abc lowers the ride height about 120/50 I can't remember which to improve stability and drag

Ignoring the ridiculous cost it's just about the perfect "daily" I could imagine.

Steering isn't that bad and it loves to spin the rear wheels haha!

quote:
If yours remaps to that Sam, what's different to your engine compared to the S65? Just map?

What will mine remap to?

CL65 is a 6.0 V12 biturbo, mine is 5.5 V12 biturbo. I imagine the CL65 would remap to around 700bhp (insane!)
Think the numbers are the same throughout the range so engines and specs stay pretty much identical but CL is coupe, SL is convertible and S is saloon.

For Sale Thread
Chris x

29th May 14 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam_homepc
quote:
200mph

Steering isn't that bad and it loves to spin the rear wheels haha!

quote:

What will mine remap to?

CL65 is a 6.0 V12 biturbo, mine is 5.5 V12 biturbo. I imagine the CL65 would remap to around 700bhp (insane!)
Think the numbers are the same throughout the range so engines and specs stay pretty much identical but CL is coupe, SL is convertible and S is saloon.
So mine should remap as well then even though its super charged?
Jambo

29th May 14 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you remap ensure you don't get too much more torque, apparently the engine was made more powerful by MB, but Gearbox couldn't hack 1200nm torque so they de-tuned it.
Steve X16XE

29th May 14 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam_homepc
quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE

£10 in the tank - so you managed to get a mile then before needing to fuel again...?! It's so thirsty haha - although the V8 is better on juice than the V12 I believe? (I'm getting 14.4mpg?!)

He was doing lots of motorway miles so was getting about 24mpg. Oh and get the Air flow meters changed! When he did them, it made the car quicker (back to how it should have been). Every little helps.
Jambo

7th Jul 14 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more pics/updates?
sam_homepc
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 01:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Any more pics/updates?

Nothing major matey. Still enjoying driving it but also shopping around a bit. Nearly bought my old TVR back and also looked at that Viper rep again. Also considered upgrading this to a CL65 but was a bit too much money for not much gain.

Other half wants me to get a Corvette or a GTR (she's not offering to help fund them though!) and tbh I'm also creating another shortlist. Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa and Jag XKR Supercharged are both scoring highly as is a C5 Z06. But top of my list is an M12 GTO 3R and I can't see past it! Decisions decisions...!

Some "scenic" pics!

For Sale Thread
3CorsaMeal

21st Jul 14 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get a Bentley gtc for vw golf money these days.

That viper looks a bit dogshit really. Ok at a quick glance but it'll be tacky and be like having a fairground ride on the drive.
sam_homepc
Premium Member

21st Jul 14 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GTC is soooo expensive to run! Servicing is like £2k and that's if all is ok!

For Sale Thread

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 44 cylinders, 2 turbos and 24 litres of car(s)... so far! 24 database queries in 0.1079161 seconds