corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » atlantis blue corsa b c20xe conversion new pictures up

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author atlantis blue corsa b c20xe conversion new pictures up
corsaben58

User status: Offline
24th Jan 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i thought i would update everyone my friend has gave me the deadline of sunday he will have it done since hes starting it saturday morning so pics will be up cos i will clean it then (if the weather changes from raining all the time)
corsa-vxr

25th Jan 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find the rocker cover bud must off flung it out with the rest of the rubbish few month agao
corsaben58

28th Jan 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine is in the car need ecu wired and drive shafts in connect the fuel pipes then she is finally up and running pictures will hopefully be added monday/tuesday
corsaben58

1st Feb 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to update you all it should be getting finished tonight the wiring for the ecu got confusing so sorting that out then need fuel pipes and fuel pump done also put new radiator in (just about to walk out to do that) so pictures will be up soon once i give her a little clean no chance anyone knows which of the fuel pipes go where got two unsure of their place
corsa-vxr

1st Feb 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump is fine to use of the 1.0 and fuel pipes should have 2 different size unions so will only go onto 1 bit etc
corsa-vxr

1st Feb 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you not leave the fuel lines connected that i left on the engine then just sleave them onto the excisting lines from your car
corsaben58

2nd Feb 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it was finding out which one goes where wasnt sure of return and inlet think we found it now tho lol
corsa-vxr

2nd Feb 12 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah gud stuff
corsaben58

5th Feb 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so update on the car it aint starting still and didnt get to do too much cos of the snow theres no spark going to the spark plug and dont look like theres any fuel running through getting a friend to come have a look during the week hopefully he can find out whats rong
D0NN3R

6th Feb 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of the build
corsaben58

23rd Feb 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet cos it looks messy wires all over the place but i will take pictures once its done should be sunday
corsaben58

11th Mar 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i thought i would update this last night it finally started after changing the crankshaft sensor and coil pack we finally got spark we traced the wired back of the fuel pump split it and wired it to the fuel relay and we finally got fuel and it started!
next things to do is:
-sort out the exhaust (need extension pipe on it due to the midbox not connecting to the manifold)
-put the brakes on
-tidy up wiring and find a place for ecu to sit in footwell
-give it a clean!

im going to take some pictures today aswell and upload them
corsaben58

20th Jul 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going to start keeping this updated since the car works up and running im going over to my car now to take pictures to show current state clutch is currently being done and its on axle stands however clutch should be done within the next few days.
plans for car:-
-new disc and pads hopefully brembo
-putting a second hand clutch in and probably flywheel at the same time
-calibra leathers
-front passengers window got smashed so new window needs tinting
-sort out the paintwork aswell
corsaben58

20th Jul 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

air filter temporary running like that until get some metal piping to replace the silicone pipe at some point

bumper needs touching up

bonnet dropped on the engine crane when the redtop got put in hopefully replace it with a badboy bonnet in the near future

door also has rust where it was broke into before so needs a touch up should be an interesting one

finally bodywork wise and prob most important the wing needs respraying unless i find one colour matched

wiring tidied up,ecu placed out the and the bonnet catch hanging for quick release

reason i think my car broke down the cv joint is stuck in my gearbox and wouldnt come out so gona get gearbox out and then remove it

reason why im changing discs and pads there rusted to death :L

only had one sub working yet it manage to rip itself out of the 18mm mdf box it was in :\ gona try a boot build and hopefully get it secure and looking nice

corsaben58

21st Jul 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i finally manage to get the gearbox off only to find that i have the wrong clutch and flywheel :\ my flywheel is ALOT thinner and ALOT lighter than the old one so im guessing the one i need is a flat flywheel? ill try get pictures to show better later however im give the engine a clean later this week and look out for a new clutch and flywheel!
corsaben58

12th Dec 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, after a few months of the car being off the road and left on axle stands i finally decided to get back into it and got the gearbox back on.

had a problem with misfiring which came down to the ignition amplifier needing changing.
Now im getting over fuelling and over heating problems. ive bought a cool running thermostat, fuel pressure regulator and a coolant temperature sensor which should sort it out also bought a rocker cover because i was getting a leak.

ive bought new added bits for the car aswell, ive installed a pipercross air filter, fitted morettes with hids however one hid is not powering up properly so need that sorted, also bought a corsa sport spoiler which needs spraying. got a new wing since my one was the wrong colour and that is getting sprayed aswell.

so plan for next couple of days is

-cool running thermostat
-rocker cover gasket
-coolant temperature sensor
-sand and spray my wheels, spoiler and sort out the paintwork slightly on the drivers door and passenger side part of front bumper
- also got some autoglym engine and machine polish which i might give a little use tomoz

i will be taking pictures along the way aswell
corsaben58

12th Dec 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pictures i took a few days ago
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsaben58

13th Dec 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pressure regualtor just turned out picked this up £21.49 including delivery brand new off ebay! just waiting for my cool running thermostat to be delivered and then im gona get to work on the car

Christopher

13th Dec 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great bud! Good to see another atlantis blue b!
corsaben58

13th Dec 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate! your one looks mint i was thinking of colour coding the whole of mine but werent sure it would look right but yours looks like it can be pulled off well!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » atlantis blue corsa b c20xe conversion new pictures up 25 database queries in 0.1070490 seconds