corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe prices? and conversion help?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe prices? and conversion help?
Jonny.K

User status: Offline
30th Dec 11 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking for an x16xe in good nick not to worried about mileage but the lower the better even if its standard but not sure what kind if money they go for ?

also im going to be fitting it into my 1.4 sport is it jus a straight swap more or less any details would be great
Eddx14xe

30th Dec 11 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Straight swap from 1.4 to 1.6. Will need the change the ECU and key chip as well. The 1.6 also has bigger brakes as standard, so it may be sensible to uprate them as well if you still have standard ones.
Jed D

30th Dec 11 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a x16xel from an astra and use the normal inlet from your 14xe (sure its the same as 16xe) unless you fitting something else obv
heard that xel have stronger heads
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i swaped my 1400 16V for a 1600 16V and ran it on a 1400 ecu cos a lad i know took mine without asking and it ran brilliant lol would advise for a 1600 ecu to be put on or ya get a flat spot.

brakes on a 1400 sport and 1600 sport are exactly the smae the only 1600 that had different brakes as standard was the GSI the only difference between the 1400 and 1600 sport is the engine
Eddx14xe

30th Dec 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes on 1.6's are 256mm by 16mm. The 1.4's are 236mm by 16mm.
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine were exactly the same on my x14xe to what were on the doner car i uprated mine to cav brakes after anyway lol
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the brakes are bigger mate ive got calibra brakes on mine now but when i first got my 1.6 i had set of spare discs froom my 1.4 and my 1.6 failed test on discs so obvs i thought no probs ill fit these and they went on but the pads over lapped the edge of the disc lol also 1.6 have different clocks to 1.4s and the surround is different also and orange needles basicly tigra clocks lol and upto now ive not seen a 1.4 with the vacuum assist pump sounds like a hoover when car first starts? unless this is because abs brakes are not standard on 1.4s? but are on 1.6s????
Jonny.K

30th Dec 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah il be uprating to cav brakes or something along that lines anyway its more engine wise so the loom for the 1400 and 1600 are the same so i can jus drop it in and plug it in and jus plug the 1600 ecu in?

any idea on what sort of money id be looking at for a decent 1600?
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you can use any x16xe engine mate fitted to corsas tigras astra sports 1.6 and vauxhall vectra b 1.6 as far as i know
Jonny.K

30th Dec 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate my 1400 is using water n cant be arsed fitting another 1400 to then take it out again to fit a 1600 lol
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astra sport and the vectra have a different shaped top inlet to the corsa though so i would fit the x14 one to it better still fit a mantzel inlet
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not much real difference between power from the x16 to the x14 when ya look lol but i felt the difference in mine and the later x14 dose have vaccume assist dosnt it :s
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=224061

check this link out should help
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do mate is try get you hands on a astra 1.6 (doesnt have to be a sport) so long as its 16v and same goes for vectra mate you can pick a scrap one up for little money 150 quid ish swap the engine and weigh it in at scrap yard and get most of your money back ..........and yes mate its all same wiring it runs to one big plug and few other little like reverse sensors etc idiots assemble vauxhalls so they have to be idiot proof lol secondly if you get a scrap car that runs i.e astra or vectra it has 3 upsides mate becuase its a vectra or standard astra IT HASNT BEEN USED LIKE A TRACK CAR sencondly u also get the key chip and ecu which you need and third you get your money back at the end by scrapping whats left
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates 1999 1.4 doesnt have it mate no i was looking last night and the older ones pre 1996 are the c14xe but there once again no real difference
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by merlokquest
best thing to do mate is try get you hands on a astra 1.6 (doesnt have to be a sport) so long as its 16v and same goes for vectra mate you can pick a scrap one up for little money 150 quid ish swap the engine and weigh it in at scrap yard and get most of your money back ..........and yes mate its all same wiring it runs to one big plug and few other little like reverse sensors etc idiots assemble vauxhalls so they have to be idiot proof lol secondly if you get a scrap car that runs i.e astra or vectra it has 3 upsides mate becuase its a vectra or standard astra IT HASNT BEEN USED LIKE A TRACK CAR sencondly u also get the key chip and ecu which you need and third you get your money back at the end by scrapping whats left

could then take brakes ext ext off it to keep as spaire or sell on by brakeing the donor car bout to make a little profit out of it
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yea that is also true mate vectra are a bigger heavier car so obvs bigger brakes aswell so that would also solve that issue aswell how ever the astra would have the 256mm discs calipers u need
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is this type of things im gonna miss when i get strip my corsa to get lupo gti
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well guess wat mate corsa b rear shocks fit lupos haha
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i dint think id wanna put my springs and shcks on sitting at 110 on back lol i dint nar much about lupos like but its gonna be a change insurace is cheap for es so may as well
merlokquest

30th Dec 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea my corsa is sat in the arch as well haha my mates got a seat (lupo)1.4 sport on coilovers deep dish stretched etc etc the whole dub scene ive also done a couple over turbo conversions on golfs mk 4 etc and im going to be doing his arosa either putting the lupo gti engine in or puting a 1.8t engine in with bigger injectors forged crank H section con rods forged pistons turbo off a 240 audi TT and remaped to 325 bhp just gettin the money out of him for it as i dont need it anymore i owned my golf for 2 month and i hated it so bought another corsa 1.6 lol
Liam-Wilko

30th Dec 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol im thinking of droping the 1.8t into the lupo gti but starting to have second thaughts and might just keep my corsa and hide it and use the lupo gti as normal verry little mods
Jonny.K

30th Dec 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok klklso what age of vectra/astra should i be looking at?
c16-jake

30th Dec 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by merlokquest
my mates 1999 1.4 doesnt have it mate no i was looking last night and the older ones pre 1996 are the c14xe but there once again no real difference

There's no such thing as a c14xe? It's a c16xe 1993-1994 and it's 108bhp standard and has an afm and no egr.
The x16xe is 106bhp standard and has a maf sensor and egr valve ect ect
Try and find a c16xe most will have done over 1k but there's not as much wiring involved on the conversion
corsasportsam

30th Dec 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im puttung a c20xe in my 1.6 16v soon and will be selling engine my mate has offerd 60 quid for engine or 100 quid for engine and brakes... thats a good deal i think they myt b worth a bit more than that but i int sure

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe prices? and conversion help? 22 database queries in 0.1989250 seconds