corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  32    33    34    35    36    37  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
Nath

User status: Offline
12th Feb 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why arent Liverpool fans bothered about Suarez going against this:

"People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

Wheres the respect for your club?
Tommy L

12th Feb 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as he gives 100% to the club, it doesn't matter.
Tom

12th Feb 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

"People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

The respect for our club is sticking together. We've been media fodder for a long time, and no matter what happens I'll stick with my club through anything and our manager will stick with our players regardless of what Ferguson wants. Whatever happened yesterday, it was always going to be us made out to be the bad guys. I've argued for 35 pages about this whole situation and not had a shred of it listened to, the media bandwagon has had it's desired effect and that's fine. I don't care any more, I will always back our club and our players, water off a ducks back.
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's ok that Suarez was told to shake hands by Liverpool but didnt?
Tom

12th Feb 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So it's ok that Suarez was told to shake hands by Liverpool but didnt?

Yes. He's not a fucking robot. I wouldn't have shaked his hand if I were him, truely I wouldn't have.
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So why did Kenny say he said he would?
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

The respect for our club is sticking together. We've been media fodder for a long time, and no matter what happens I'll stick with my club through anything and our manager will stick with our players regardless of what Ferguson wants. Whatever happened yesterday, it was always going to be us made out to be the bad guys. I've argued for 35 pages about this whole situation and not had a shred of it listened to, the media bandwagon has had it's desired effect and that's fine. I don't care any more, I will always back our club and our players, water off a ducks back.

You're not Kenny Dalglish are you?
You're making out like Liverpool and Suarez have been picked on for no reason. It's funny how this circus has followed Liverpool around but not John Terry and Chelsea. I'm sure you'll now say it's because Terry is England captain etc etc.

I would put it down to the way things were handled, Whilst Liverpool fans wore those t-shirts Chelsea did well to avoid all extra publicity towards themselves and the racist case.
DC90

12th Feb 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Who gives a fuck. It was a side show and it took over, fuck ferguson, did he band cantona? No. Suarez reacted to the situation. If you felt someome had mudied your name I don't think you'd pretend to be friends with them. Shreeves is a prick, another one of fergies wippin boys. Oh and honestly who could've caused a riot?

I'm sure your reaction would have been exactly the same if Rooney had racially abused a black Liverpool player and then refused to be civil
JonnyJ

12th Feb 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no doubt Liverpool football club have handled the whole situation awfully. They need to take responsibility for thier actions and realise it isn't just some conspiracy against them.

That said I almost fully expect them to rock up in t-shirts at their next game with a slogan reading "leave Suarez alone" emblazoned across it.
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually it would. When he told the England fans to fuck off I thought he was bang out of order.
Do you see me in this thread stating Evra was wrong for the way he celebrated??

I won't sit here and blindly support the players of MUFC no matter what they do. If they act the cunt I expect them to be dealt with correctly.

Suarez had to shake a guys hand ffs not kiss and hug. It was an empty gesture to stop the millions of journalists scrutinising the game having a sensational story.

Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being a united fan I understand the hatred between the 2 clubs on match day but that doesn't mean I have to hate Liverpool fans does it.

I work in Warrington with a load of Liverpool fans. After they knocked us out of the cup I took a load of shit, It's banter but not once was anything personal brought into it.
JonnyJ

12th Feb 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on Terry.
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Spot on Terry.

I'm gob smacked
Football is all about the banter between fans, It's what we love isn't it?
JonnyJ

12th Feb 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was agreeing with the first bit about Suarez but I agree with what you put after too. Why the gobsmacked?
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody agree's with me in sports day

JonnyJ

12th Feb 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You must talk too much sense mate, doesn't happen much in here.
Tom

12th Feb 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terry, I like the honesty of your posts, it's refreshing in here. The club have handled it how they see fit, we've spent far too long bowing to the media and I just don't care anymore, seige mentality and all that. Too many people in here are banter over substance and it's boring.
JonnyJ

12th Feb 12 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you care to divulge names Tom so we can take this thread to 50 pages?
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky Sports @SkySports

Luis Suarez has issued an apology for not shaking Patrice Evra's hand before Liverpool's game against Man Utd. More on site soon.
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7513962/Suarez-I-m-sorry

[/closed]
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Terry, I like the honesty of your posts, it's refreshing in here. The club have handled it how they see fit, we've spent far too long bowing to the media and I just don't care anymore, seige mentality and all that. Too many people in here are banter over substance and it's boring.

Unfortunately though the media run football. Without the billions from Sky and other media sources Suarez wouldn't even be in this league. It's shit that the papers and news channel slove to sensaionalise every little incident.

Look at Morrison, He's in bother with the FA for something he put on twitter!
Terry12

12th Feb 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7513962/Suarez-I-m-sorry

[/closed]

At least this has been done now. Whether it's wholeheartedly meant (I very much doubt it is) or not, This will hopefully go some way to drawing a line under the whole matter and get on with the football. Until we meet again
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blatantly been told to say it but at least he did what he was told this time!
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Feb 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watching Wolves vs West Brom and at half time they had some news that Luis Suarez has apologised.

He said what he did was wrong and apologised to Evra. Is it a little late now though? :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Nath

12th Feb 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool Managing Director Ian Ayre has today released the following statement.

"We are extremely disappointed Luis Suarez did not shake hands with Patrice Evra before yesterday's game. The player had told us beforehand that he would, but then chose not to do so.

"He was wrong to mislead us and wrong not to offer his hand to Patrice Evra. He has not only let himself down, but also Kenny Dalglish, his teammates and the Club. It has been made absolutely clear to Luis Suarez that his behaviour was not acceptable.

"Luis Suarez has now apologised for his actions which was the right thing to do. However, all of us have a duty to behave in a responsible manner and we hope that he now understands what is expected of anyone representing Liverpool Football Club."

<<  32    33    34    35    36    37  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 24 database queries in 0.1964200 seconds