corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dario Gradi

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dario Gradi
Cavey

User status: Offline
11th Nov 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't say NEVER did I - This season we won't though
JonnyJ

11th Nov 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cavmad
No offence me old tater but don't ever think you'll never go down. We thought that and it happened twice and we ended up going bust-though hoefully that'll never happen to you.
The Conference has been littered with ex-league teams all of whom's supporters would have told you they were 'too good' or 'too big' to go down.
I hope you don't because although the Conference is a novelty for a short while it's also pretty shit when you're used to league football. Incidentally if you don't like hoof ball, kick and rush or teams playing with eleven in defence then you absolutely 100% will never like the Conference!

It probably pains some Alex fans to start questioning Gradi after all the years he's been there but like Ryan has said sometimes it's time to call it a day.

I'd say L2 and Conf arent that much different in terms of quality of football. We are playing some incredible stuff this season, far better than ive ever seen in L2 or L1 when we were there. Theres some decent footballing sides in the conf these days at least as many as L2, seeing as 80% of L2 is now full of non league teams
cavmad

11th Nov 11 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, it must have got better then! To be honest first time round in the Conference it was ace, going for a pint in social clubs at away grounds, taking in new places and just having a laugh.
Don't know how you found it Jonny, but it seemed like you were the team everyone wanted to either beat or scrape or point against if you'd dropped from the league. Most other supporters were great but quite a few had massive chips on their shoulders and assumed your own supporters were the Man Utd of non-league football.
Personally I found suggesting that playing us was their cup final, this didn't go down to well but mostly shut them up a bit.
JonnyJ

12th Nov 11 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NLL supporters are very very strange people aye

I went to Histon last season, we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 with 2 goals in the last 15mins. Then some old hag shouted "you lot should be ashamed for beating a village side" ....Erm, WAT?!
cavmad

12th Nov 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
NLL supporters are very very strange people aye

I went to Histon last season, we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 with 2 goals in the last 15mins. Then some old hag shouted "you lot should be ashamed for beating a village side" ....Erm, WAT?!

Couple of my mates got a right pasting off some stewards at one game (honestly can't remember where) for no reason once. Bit pissed up at half time when some lads came running over to the toilets shouting 'your mates are getting battered' so we ran over to see what was happening and they were getting a right shoeing in the middle of both sets of fans.
We did the honourable things and just stood there laughing for a while then we all got lobbed out.
Cavey

3rd Feb 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15684863

Just stumbled across this, nice little video on it, and sums up a lot of what he achieved for the un-educated on here
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
When he arrived in 1983, Crewe were a basement division club who had only just survived being voted out of the Football League. Gradi would go on to transform them.

quote:
He took Crewe up to the second tier for the first time in their history, where they spent five years punching above their weight, and they later returned to that level for another three-year spell as they continued to over-achieve.

quote:
Gradi continued that tradition in future decades. Neil Lennon went to Leicester for £750,000 in 1996. It was a club record, but it was a figure that kept being surpassed, and the following year Danny Murphy cost Liverpool double.

In summer 1999, Seth Johnson was bought by Derby for £3m and, in early 2005, Dean Ashton headed to Norwich for a similar amount as Gradi kept making huge profits for his club.

This is what i was banging on about above to those that didnt think he achieved much.

York are a bigger team than Crewe and any manager that did for us what he did for Crewe would become an instant legend.
Cavey

3rd Feb 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And he's only got an MBE.

Fails to mention that a band named after him had a number one hit. How many managers can claim that?
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
And he's only got an MBE.

Fails to mention that a band named after him had a number one hit. How many managers can claim that?

Dario G

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dario Gradi 23 database queries in 0.0089641 seconds