corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dario Gradi

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dario Gradi
Russ

User status: Offline
10th Nov 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i swear some people in here are bonkers

[Edited on 10-11-2011 by Russ]
Nath

10th Nov 11 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Thank fuck you're here Nath. I'd lose my mind without you around sometimes

I dont think I'd bother if I didnt have back up.
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not trying to belittle him but just didnt seem much considering how long hes been there etc.. diodnt realise it was such a small club but still, swindon (my home town team ) is not a big club by any means in fairness

i said wigan not a good example cos of the money
Hammer

10th Nov 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Scotch Rugby fan

I probably know more Rugby managers than you do football. Part timer.

Cool. I have no desire to know about teams and managers that my team doesn't play against.

You're in the same league structure and fall under the scope of the same association.

Typical blinkered Man United fan.
mwg

10th Nov 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't give a shit.
Russ

10th Nov 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang about, you've been prancing around here like you are posh from oxford and you are from swindon. fucking iberty
mwg

10th Nov 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The twats home town is further from Arsenal than mine is from Man United!
JonnyJ

10th Nov 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
im not trying to belittle him but just didnt seem much considering how long hes been there etc.. diodnt realise it was such a small club but still, swindon (my home town team ) is not a big club by any means in fairness

i said wigan not a good example cos of the money

Miles bigger than Crewe though Robbo. At least twice the size.

Aye i know, Russ said it, i just said i hope he was joking, i think he was. Hopefully.
Russ

10th Nov 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was speaking as robbo, i know ALL about crewe
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
hang about, you've been prancing around here like you are posh from oxford and you are from swindon. fucking iberty
to be clear, i was born in a hospital just outside Swindon (Princess Alexandra in Wroughton) hence it being my home town however, I've lived just outside Oxford for the vast majority of my life (bar 2 years in Germany as a baby, several months in Dublin and a year in London) so I am from Oxford, and when people ask me where I'm from I say Oxford
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
a lot of family from north london hence the connection
JonnyJ

10th Nov 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW has anyone checked out the Related Threads. Read "we'r goin up" Fucking hilarious
JonnyJ

10th Nov 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
a lot of family from north london hence the connection

I thought they were from York?

Starting to think we have another Jimmy Da oRbbo on our hands here
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... and the other half of the family are from York
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beverly, Wheldrake, Market Weighton and South Cave, to be precise
Hammer

10th Nov 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I don't give a shit.

We've noticed. Part timer.
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to remove any suspicion of being the next JdaSilva (in spite of the fact most of you have met me before lol)... Mothers family from Exeter way originally (Newton Abbott) but her Dad was stationed in Barnet at various times of her youth so some family remained there whilst the rest moved up north to Yorkshire. Fathers side of the family is from Hull way and all reside in that area and also Carlisle.

So there!
mwg

10th Nov 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have family from near Beverley
Robbo

10th Nov 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the air museum with the beverly big ass plane
Ojc

10th Nov 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm black and my names Luigi DiFranco
Steve
Premium Member

10th Nov 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same guy as this innit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2OFztWiuY
Steve
Premium Member

10th Nov 11 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlPb3v4kkQI
cavmad

11th Nov 11 at 07:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Not even a slight surprise that Utd fans haven't heard of him tbh. I mean he's only been at the same club, mainly as manager since I was born 28 years ago.

The guy had done amazing things for a club like Crewe, took us to top ten in the Championship... (and then back down again) and produced some brilliant players.

In fairness, the players weren't sold from under him, he moved them on as he knew his place. He was there to produce quality players, and shift them on for big profits to keep the club alive. (and as Russ said, and i'm sure Ryan will confirm, he got a fairly decent share of the profits as well) But he did make them one of the few profitable clubs in any of the leagues which isn't to be knocked.

He moved up to football director a few years back when we got Thordarson as manager, that lasted a couple of years and he went back to managing.

Ryan will be happy, he said this should happen, and needed to happen for Crewe to move forward again, instead of being 6 points above oblivion in a shit league.

(would of replied to this earlier, but apparently my Vodafone don't do 3g in Derby, or my settings are wrong now i've transferred my number over)

Gradi has done absolute wonders at Crewe and their youth policy is surely the envy of most of the football league.
Told he was booed at the weekend but some say it was aimed at the players and not Gradi.
Maybe he's seen the way the club is heading now and didn't want to be the one who took them out of the league?
Other rumours suggest he kept interfering when he wasn't manager and make the job difficult for whoever was in charge at the time.
Whatever has/hasn't happened though he's a legend to a lot of people (inc. non-Crewe fans like myself) and as said has done wonders for the club.
Cavey

11th Nov 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said in the other thread, we are definitely not one of the worst teams in the league so we will not be going down!

I'm hoping for £52m tonight so I can give a bit to the club under new management and lift them a bit

Ryan has gone to far more matches than me over the last few years, and he was saying it was time for Gradi to call it a day, so I'd imagine that would be how a lot of fans would of felt.

It can't be easy for someone who's managed a club for 23 years consecutively to not be part of that, so wouldn't surprise me if he was interfering when he was moved up last time, it obviously happened that he went back into it. - "We then had a situation with Gudjon (Thordarson) where he wasn't playing any of our Academy kids and they were asking to leave. That was a mistake and we had to rectify it." - (Crewealex.net)

He plays good, passing, attacking football, with sleight players, which in League 2 is useless as they're 80% hoof it teams which Crewe don't deal with at all. Also, the defense makes mistake after mistake every time I watch a game on SSN the goals have come from awful defending.

There was definitely things that needed changing, and we'll see whether it'll be for the best or not. Here's hoping!

Also, looks like EPPP played a part in the decision as well. "It was always the long-term plan for me to return to the Academy and with the introduction of the new rules coming in, the time is now right. I called the chairman up and said that perhaps the time was now right for Steve (Davis) to take over." (from Crewealex.net)

[Edited on 11-11-2011 by Cavey]
cavmad

11th Nov 11 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No offence me old tater but don't ever think you'll never go down. We thought that and it happened twice and we ended up going bust-though hoefully that'll never happen to you.
The Conference has been littered with ex-league teams all of whom's supporters would have told you they were 'too good' or 'too big' to go down.
I hope you don't because although the Conference is a novelty for a short while it's also pretty shit when you're used to league football. Incidentally if you don't like hoof ball, kick and rush or teams playing with eleven in defence then you absolutely 100% will never like the Conference!

It probably pains some Alex fans to start questioning Gradi after all the years he's been there but like Ryan has said sometimes it's time to call it a day.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Dario Gradi 23 database queries in 0.1928260 seconds