corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance query!! Someone crashed into my parked car (pic added)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance query!! Someone crashed into my parked car (pic added)
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 11 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
So, should I phone his insurance on monday and just not mentioned the yellow line?

Just say 'this guy admitted liability, gave me his details etc...'

will this affect my premium at all long term? I'm half tempted to go out and t cut it... could probably push that dent out too.

Yerp it will affect you insurance. Ensleigh wanted 700 quid extra off me for a non fault claim. I was in my living room having a brew. Someone drove into my civic and fucked off. Manage to find out who it was and they admited it. Send my car off and they wrote it off. If he will pay cash. Go through cash deffo!

BeArDy

9th Nov 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dosent matter where you park, He hit your car his insurance pays. If you think about it more, this would mean on carparks cars are not insured as its private land?
I know people who have hit uninsured parked cars and there insurance had to pay.
You will not have to pay excess if hes at fault.

I would say go and get a quote for the repair, call him and say i am about to contact my insurance but i have got a quote first for the repair. Just thinking about your excess and insurance cost next year, do you want to just pay for the repair without going threw insurance?
Haza2dap

9th Nov 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
dosent matter where you park, He hit your car his insurance pays. If you think about it more, this would mean on carparks cars are not insured as its private land?
I know people who have hit uninsured parked cars and there insurance had to pay.
You will not have to pay excess if hes at fault.

I would say go and get a quote for the repair, call him and say i am about to contact my insurance but i have got a quote first for the repair. Just thinking about your excess and insurance cost next year, do you want to just pay for the repair without going threw insurance?

This is right. You could be parked anywhere they hit your car therefor it is their fault. I was recently parked on a public path outsite a motor stuff shop and some women in a lorry scrapped down the side of my gsi I was not in the car. And she accepted liability after a 30min argument over how I was parked "iligally". Now I am getting £300 from her insurance mines not even involved.

[Edited on 09-11-2011 by Haza2dap]
RichR
Premium Member

9th Nov 11 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
will this affect my premium at all long term? I'm half tempted to go out and t cut it... could probably push that dent out too.

when my A3 got run into in similar circumstances, both insurers were notified, his paid out eventually and covered my excess etc but my insurance went up the following year from £450 to £850 (iirc). I had zero accountability, was parked appropriately, no yellow lines, no wheels on the pavement etc. It was 0600 and I was in bed when the guy ran into mine.

Utter bollocks that my insurance went up because of it
adiohead

9th Nov 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance went up £50 for being in the middle of a motorway pileup which wasn't my fault.
Paul_J

9th Nov 11 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
My insurance went up £50 for being in the middle of a motorway pileup which wasn't my fault.

how do you know it went up due to that? mine went up £50 this year and nothing happened.
Paul_J

9th Nov 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:

when my A3 got run into in similar circumstances, both insurers were notified, his paid out eventually and covered my excess etc but my insurance went up the following year from £450 to £850 (iirc). I had zero accountability, was parked appropriately, no yellow lines, no wheels on the pavement etc. It was 0600 and I was in bed when the guy ran into mine.

Utter bollocks that my insurance went up because of it

I guess it's maybe because you're labelled as a claimer... e.g. more likely to make a claim if you have any sort of accident... e.g. if you scraped your own bumper.
Ben G

9th Nov 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

how do you know it went up due to that? mine went up £50 this year and nothing happened.

do an online quote and get prices with/without accidents.
Ojc

9th Nov 11 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is dad texting me
Ojc

9th Nov 11 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fad
Paul_J

9th Nov 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Are you on speed?

quote:
Are you off key? why?

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
So who's number did you really give me the other day you tosser

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Why is fad texting me

2 + 2...
Fad

9th Nov 11 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically Paul is cunt
Paul_J

9th Nov 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Basically Paul is an absolute man.

Jambo

9th Nov 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am4nf

10th Nov 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day his car hit yours, end of story
scoob
Premium Member

10th Nov 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell him you have asked the corsa sport lads and they all say it was his fault.
~willow~

10th Nov 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @ scoob

but yea its his fault!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance query!! Someone crashed into my parked car (pic added) 22 database queries in 0.0642910 seconds