corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVD 2.0 fitting kit for my corsa.......any good? and the usual/unusual questions....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PVD 2.0 fitting kit for my corsa.......any good? and the usual/unusual questions....
M2RTY

User status: Offline
18th Apr 03 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok a few of u might know ive shagged the engine in my corsa so its the perfect time to drop a 2.0 in, im just after any websites on info on donor cars (cav, astra etc??) i want the red top 2.0 16v or ecotek (what is the difference??) and what price do i expect to pay?

what do i need to look for on the donor car - e.g milage, etc etc

im gonna do everything to the engine eg cam belt, filter, oil change etc but does any1 have a good list of littel things to change whilst its out

also i see PVD do a fitting kit - are they any good? i can get driveshafts made up and mounts off a mate for less, he says the quality is a lot better too

i have some red dot drilled and grooved disks already, i need pads and will use calipers off the donor car - - then the exhaust will be modded by a mate whos done them lots of times b4

any other things i need to know?

its a 1.2 8v corsa 1995

cheers for putting up with another question but u lot are the best to ask

ps - i have astra coupe front lights, which i think might get in the way of the 16v radiator - would it be possible to use the 8v one i have or link 2 smaller ones together? i know vaux dont realy overheat tho

marv
Chris Bingham

18th Apr 03 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ecotec is only 136 ish bhp, the redtop is 155 I think.
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pvd mounts are ok. it doesnt really matter there only mounts they only lower the engine.

youll need twin pipe header tank and rad etc from donor. (although with the nova you only use the nova one so it ll be ok)

use corsa clutch cable. if your corsa is four speed you will need a corsa 5 speed gear linkage (the stick bit) part from that pretty sipmle conversion
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw only get whole car not just engine you will regret it when bits are missing.

do cambelt before you do it and make sure car runs before you take it out. oil and filter can be done in car
sxi boy

18th Apr 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh marv u wana be on the look out for an old cav 2.0 or even better an astra GTE 16v then u can get brakes n shite like that.

M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mine is 4 speed, where would i get that part?

im 10000% defo buying the full car, gonna test drive one before hand also, ill have all the bits i need that way

so u think 500 notes is worth it? or should i get them done else where?

cheers adam and chris

marv

M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure u can use the 2.0 cav brakes the same chris

also, nearly every astra gte will have been flogged i bet
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would buy kit if you can afford it cos wlded shafts will only snap in time if not done properly.

scrap yard for part only four bolts mate
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, i can afford the 500 quid, plus it will be reasuring knowing the full ot is made properly by a company

also i dont have time to go arround getting bits made up here n there
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

better that way cos your not going to drive it sensibly now are you.

ive finished my car at last btw
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye mate i was looking at your pics yesterday - looks ace - would like to see the paint in the sun light mind

u dont know the answer to my radiator/astra light problem do u?
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no sorry tell you what though when you get a minute go and measure the gap where the rad would go then u2u me cos ive got an astra rad at work and ill go measure that.
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella, i know my 8v one will fit like, but if i get time ill pop out
Chris Bingham

18th Apr 03 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just change the gearbox for the one from the donor car.

get the redtop engine. Try to find an MOT failure, preferably that has failed on bodywork
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chris very very good idea pal, never thought about the mot bit

so i take it if i change the gear box i dont need the other little bit (gear box HAS to be changed anyway)

one last thing...... a mate says some stick and wont go into reverse unless stone cold? any1 had any problems?
Chris Bingham

18th Apr 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, think that could be bollox. Stick in the 5 speed that comes with the engine, should all go in no problem. Speak to PVD Petey, he would offer you some advice, especially if you are getting their fitting kit.
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no you still need the linkage matey your one cant be moved into the fifth gear place
Dave Hay

18th Apr 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tips when rebuilding engine.... swap the hex bolts on the pulleys (there a bitch)

how much wider is the corsa than a nova?? cos i know novas can get away with using nova gte shafts and mk2 cav 1.6 inners.

im presuming no welding is needed in corsa bay, althouhh it would be nice.

youve got a strut brace yeah?

i would say buy an astra gte 16v. keep engine(coscast if your lucky) and sell rear beam/brakes.

youll need everything off the astra engine wise and youll h ave to weld astra downpipe to your on exhaust system.

i wanna do this conversion soon as well but im not too sure how things stand on corsas.

and i would buy ready made engine mounts as modified standard mounts usually shear (welding is basically crap)

you can of course keep gearbox mount from your car. as far as linkage goes youll need a five speed one, a standard corsa 5 speed one turned the other way round works???? (does on nova)
im guessing astra linkage would be too big?

youd be better off with a bigger radiator too.

do you have pas?? id want to keep my pas when doing conversion, is that easy enough?
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant use nova shafts on corsa
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think PAS causes u problems

the engine pay dont need welding i think

dunno about the nova driveshaft bit, think ill just buy the none tappered pvd ones for the ease

think if i get the astra ill put the rear beam on the corsa at a later date
Dave Hay

18th Apr 03 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i also got told of a "trick" to fit rear hubs, apparanetly 3 of the hols for the hubs are a good fit and the fourth just needs drilled out a bit.

saves welding up, god knows if thats true though cos i aint tried it.
M2RTY

18th Apr 03 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know matey
Dave Hay

18th Apr 03 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if anyone could let me know about pas for c20xe id be much obligied (sorry to kinda hijack thread lol)

and ill think of loads more bits you need to look out for in engine conversion tonight at work lol
Dave Hay

18th Apr 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to save repeating stuff, what kinda things arent you sire about?

id recommend doing oil breather mod if its not been done as youll need to fit induction kit(if not one on) and c20xe aint a big fan of induction kits, they get toooooo hot.

check oil cooler works fine as well.
AdamF
Premium Member

18th Apr 03 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no room for oil cooler. ring vaux and ask for a standard stud for the oil filter so that it can be fitted with out the cooler its only bout 2 quid.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » PVD 2.0 fitting kit for my corsa.......any good? and the usual/unusual questions.... 22 database queries in 4.7455151 seconds