corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :(
Jimbothebarbarian

User status: Offline
20th Nov 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you liking it so far then? You've had it a few weeks now.

It's a good idea to make friends with some one at your local tyre shop. You'll be chewing through them tyres at a rate of knots I can tell you now!
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Nov 11 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks mean now.
djgritt
Premium Member

20th Nov 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
How you liking it so far then? You've had it a few weeks now.

It's a good idea to make friends with some one at your local tyre shop. You'll be chewing through them tyres at a rate of knots I can tell you now!

Love it. Definitely went for the right car (looked at Astra GSi / VXRs also). Yeah, its a bit thirsty, but meh, its worth it!

djgritt
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 02:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still loving this

Fitted new front tyres a week ago, the others were a bit low and I was getting wheelspin in 3rd gear occasionally with the damp roads... Haha.

Still thirsty, but meh, it's fine - best tank so far;

Still loving the comfort, the looks, the noise, the experience altogether, it's not becoming boring atall.

Going away again early next year, so that'll bulk up the Quaife fund... Or pay a lump off the money for the car. We'll see.

Thinking of getting the centre silencer removed very shortly too, should be a quick job for a local Exhaust place anyway, and help make it a smidge more vocal...

And finally, it will very soon have a new Registration number, as I got one with my initials on as a Christmas present.
big eck

28th Dec 11 at 03:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car, the front seems a tad high. It been mapped yet???
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Nice car, the front seems a tad high. It been mapped yet???

Front seems to have always sat a bit high, even on the OE Springs

Not been mapped yet, wanting to sort out the bulk of chassis work before doing so, and then will go for the EDS System most likely.
Bonney

28th Dec 11 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really cool so far

Somehow to me it looks like an unmarked police car, Do you get many people slowing down when you're behind them?
djgritt
Premium Member

28th Dec 11 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Looks really cool so far

Somehow to me it looks like an unmarked police car, Do you get many people slowing down when you're behind them?

Cheers.
I do occasionally get that. More when it's dark in the towns rather than in daylight.
Nick-S

30th Dec 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fantastic.
corsa_breeze88

30th Dec 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks alright, still think silver isnt a great colour in these, needs coilovers
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Dec 11 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_breeze88
needs coilovers

No it doesn't
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Jan 12 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't realise that visiting the DVLA office in person can massively speed up the process of transferring a Registration!

Went in yesterday, and the result?

Needs a good scrub, it can wait, I'm off to Taiwan this evening. Ha.
Alex_Rally

7th Jan 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u missing the little corsa then ?? or is the vectra ticking all the boxes ?
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 04:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spotted on eBay - couple of hours left, no bids, brand new/unused, half the retail price.

Couldn't resist...

Pre-Cat Delete section

Get this fitted and the centre silencer removed, and it should be a bit more vocal!
bullock106xsi

18th Jan 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks lovely mate. all round lush car!
djgritt
Premium Member

26th Jan 12 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More spendage.

Tinted Foglights;

Also;

3/4 size Front Reg Plate
4x SMD 501 Bulbs - Front Sidelights/Rear Reg Plate Lights
VXR Badge - for the Grille

And finally, I've been given a VERY good price for a new Quaife ATB Diff - significantly less than found anywhere else - very tempted, and will see how the bank balance looks in a week or so before commiting to buy.
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered the Quaife ATB Diff...

A little over £100 cheaper than from any retailer, so couldn't resist!

Now looking at Clutch kit options, as thinking it may be worth taking the financial hit and just getting that done whilst the Gearbox is being faffed with anyway!

Just a shame I won't be at home when it arrives to get a bit excitable... haha
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

30th Jan 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, looks like an undercover cop car
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quaife is being despatched today or tomorrow, so will be delivered to my aunts this week...

In other news, my mind is made up regarding wheels...

I was considering the following;

Audi S4/ VW Golf R Reps;

BBS LM Reps;

BBS CH-R Reps (ish...);

Seen some of the LM type on a Vectra C - wasn't a fan, so ruled those out.
S4/Golf R type haven't received much good feedback from others that I've shown... ha.
CH-R type look smart as feck, but think they may be abit too 'aggresive' for the lardy Vectra?

Did consider BBS CH Reps, but saw some on a Vectra VXR in a small Meet report in TV Mag, and the picture made them look gash, so ruled them out. However, turns out that Vectra in partcular is on Pistonheads, and has much better pictures....

It's made my mind up - CH Reps are the way to go - in 19" still, not going to downsize!

So, will get home, do another trip or two no doubt, then might get some time to get the Quaife fitted, a Service done at Vauxhall, the Pre-Cat delete section fitted and the centre silencer removed, THEN will get a set of wheels, and then ideally it will need more Lows to look as smart as the one above, but I think I'll put style on hold for a couple of months and go for more Powerrrrrrr instead!

Hopefully all in time for VBOA Billing!
SportBoy

7th Feb 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound good! .. how much was the atb? been thinking about one for mine but not sure i can be bothered as im mostly doing 50mph on the way to work everyday
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting it for £630 delivered...

EVERYWHERE else is around £100 more than that for the Diff alone, exc. Delivery.

Fitting will probably me £300+ though
Not attempting to DIY that one!
SportBoy

7th Feb 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh not too shabby then .. im split between a set of wheels or a diff , i know the diff would make it more of a weapon but i just dont drive it hard enough to warrant one most of the time, just that small amount where i wish i did have one , If i get wheels instead id want 18s so that means new tyres and as you say possibly some more lows to pull them off. not mega cheap eitherway , espec when i should pull my finger out and do abit of diy to the house rather than the car.

[Edited on 07-02-2012 by SportBoy]
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know what you mean

I'm away a lot, so don't use that car that much.
A Diff almost seems like wasted money, but I know I'll appreciate it when I do use it!

I didn't plan to get all of this stuff so soon, and was supposed to be using the money I earn from being away to pay off lumps of the loan at a time, but I haven't done that atall yet... haha
SportBoy

7th Feb 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its only money .. on another note i loved the diff in my let corsa! was probably the most effective mod it had imo! .. but that was built to be thrashed. i get abit sea sick in the veccy

[Edited on 07-02-2012 by SportBoy]
djgritt
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
Its only money ..

My thoughts exactly. You only live once and all that...

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 2007 Vectra VXR - **SOLD!!** :( 23 database queries in 0.1997709 seconds