corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » carbon roof

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon roof
Mertin

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbons stronger than metal is it not, due to the weave?
You can see roofs flex sometimes with a bit of pressure when polishing, im sure if the car was flipped onto its roof something sharp / pointy would still penetrate a metal roof?
corsagsigav

2nd Sep 11 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Prydderch
He lives near me, flocked my spark plug cover. Does a great job.. http://autoflock.co.uk/index.php

whats he like on prices got a fair bit i could use him for depending on price

(still got alot to do on the shell but finger crossed wont be much longer now )
Alex_Rally

2nd Sep 11 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Carbons stronger than metal is it not, due to the weave?
You can see roofs flex sometimes with a bit of pressure when polishing, im sure if the car was flipped onto its roof something sharp / pointy would still penetrate a metal roof?

yer i dunno, the roof on the casr would probs just split like putting a tin opener on it lol
would be good if someone in the know could reply
--ToM--

3rd Sep 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
quote:
He lives near me, flocked my spark plug cover. Does a great job.. http://autoflock.co.uk/index.php

youll struggle to find cheaper and as good quality put it that way we trust him to make bits for cars worth over £500k so hes far from shite lol
Alex_Rally

3rd Sep 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is carbon fibre more resiliant to impact than a metal roof skin for instance?? also how much weight difference is there
autoflock motorsport

4th Sep 11 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many thanks for the kind words fellas, we are curently prepping a boot lid ready for moulding, in respect to people question regarding composite strength, carbon is a lot stronger than steel/metal (about 5 times) but that doesnt mean that the carbon part which is replacing the standard part will be stronger. Metal can be stretched and compressed where as carbon and aramid cannot, it is solid and will not distort, it stays strong until it reaches breach point then it simply breakes, ther is no in between if that makes any sence. Had an interesting day yesterday though, Harvey Gibbs sons (scs) popped up with some carbon products which needed repairing and some new parts they wanted us to produce in carbon. One of the parts they brough was a carbon cover for a morrette headlight. For a bit of fun we popped it onto the scales to see what it would weigh, bare in mind this was made from 4x4 prepreg, it weighed in at a shade over 270grams. We has just made the first infused prototype spitter for fast ford which was approx 4" high and span the whole width of a fiesta mk3 and about 12" down the side of the car, total length was over 2400mm.

Does anyone want to have a guess as to what that weighed in at???
corsagsigav

4th Sep 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
quote:

youll struggle to find cheaper and as good quality put it that way we trust him to make bits for cars worth over £500k so hes far from shite lol

cheers tom good to know just didnt know much about them and heard some really bad stories about other companys

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » carbon roof 22 database queries in 0.0145421 seconds