corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!*

New Poll
  <<  29    30    31    32    33    34    35  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!*
Tomnova16
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Aug 12 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Audi Suzuka Grey

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jambo

8th Aug 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Be careful with the chrome paint and lacquer, ive heard a few folk say that it goes dull once lacquered so might be better off not lacquering it.

Yeah i have sealent but no airbrush but the instructions did say laquer it. It however didnt specify what kind of laquer, so im guessing the sealent is a coat to prevent it reacting and you laquer over it.

My airbrush is on its way

Tom, maybe, i do like it. I was thinking somewhere halfway between that and the colour of yours?
Jamie thinks Silverstone would be nice, think that could look good.
kennySRi

8th Aug 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Just a couple of quick snaps clean:

Looks so nice here, keep it black

Have you checked if it is the PAS pump? I thought mine went once and it was just the belt lol.

That chrome paint is pretty cool.
Jambo

8th Aug 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Belts 6month old dry and all other items on its travels work fine. Pump just isnt moving the fluid.

It looks ok there, but im sold i dont want it black anymore. It looks good about 5days a year.
Jambo

8th Aug 12 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain off ECP for impending service:

Jambo

8th Aug 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The main problem is it makes the roof looks faded against it as does the interior. However, against a lighter exterior it would bring out the lines and increase contrast and it wouldn't look shite all the time.

Blacks not rare either so not like I'm painting over an individual!
Jambo

9th Aug 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got it back

Would seem the pump has been on the way out for a long time, had my Sachs shocks fitted too, like a new car, ride is improved, steering improved, it drives 100% nicer!

I'm seriously skint now though
Jambo

13th Aug 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New bits ordered:

13cm 300w Components
OMP Strut brace
Lemforder lower arms
Lemforder drop links

Skint
3CorsaMeal

13th Aug 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are Lemforder arms and links?
Jambo

13th Aug 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lemforder make the OEM stuff, so its the same without the BM logo and the ///M Tax. From ECP.
SetH

13th Aug 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The arms and droplinks will make a big difference to steering. Along with the new shocks will defo feel like a new car.

you need alignment after those though, but you probably know that
Jambo

13th Aug 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its on the cards SetH. Doign the shocks and PAS pump it already drives amazingly, but has shown up the ARB bushes have failed as they are so noisy now. The lower arms are original as far as i can tell, renewing them to hopefully get rid of a steering "shake" I get over bumps. Strut brace should hopefully stiffen it up a bit as people rave about fitting these to E36 drop tops.

It really is coming together now.
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:
Powersteering pump packed up

Broken again

Should of bought colins

Still could
kennySRi

13th Aug 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did that guy not buy it?
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope

I was astounded, but not bothered in the slightest as it was too cheap!

Bloke drove 8hrs and stayed in a local premier inn. Came to my house at 10am, loved the car, told me he had got a bargain and it was clearly worth more etc. Started it up, checked everything worked etc. Started going through the service book and said oh......I thought it had a full stamped service history, my mate told me not to take it unless it has. Basically the cars done 20k miles in the last decade, a lot of the service receipts are missing, theres bits and pieces in the envelope some has obviously gone adrift, not enough to put me off & its got a strong engine and runs well so its obviously been looked after. He wouldnt have it though, and said he didnt want it. LOL no problem, I said.

Got it back on PH's & Gumtree for one last try. If it doesnt sell i'll stick it in the garage for winter.

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Colin]
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive only had 2 people view the car & both turned it down, I honestly think they were wanting a brand new car for 3k!!! Clearly its a good car, easy worth between 3-3.5k. If it was excellent i'd be asking 5-6 for it!!

I think my problem is ive been getting older guys who have had to sell on their M5's (both were ex E60 M5 owners) and want a cheap toy but expect it to be on par with their 25K M5 but for ford fiesta money.

I just need a realist to approach me and it will sell.
kennySRi

13th Aug 12 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what an idiot. I dont always trust service books anyway because anybody could stamp it. There's no way i would of travelled all that way and was getting the car for that price only to turn it down because of a few stamps!

Oh well, good luck next time and hopefully you'll get £500 or so more for it
kennySRi

13th Aug 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Ive only had 2 people view the car & both turned it down, I honestly think they were wanting a brand new car for 3k!!! Clearly its a good car, easy worth between 3-3.5k. If it was excellent i'd be asking 5-6 for it!!

I think my problem is ive been getting older guys who have had to sell on their M5's (both were ex E60 M5 owners) and want a cheap toy but expect it to be on par with their 25K M5 but for ford fiesta money.

I just need a realist to approach me and it will sell.

I've always told people that with M3s the problem when selling them is the service history. They all seem to want to be 100% full from bmw. My mate has an estoril evo to sell and i dont think he has any chance at all because of the lack of full service history. Hopefully you'll be lucky next time and get somebody who isnt too anal about it and likes the car and prepared to give it a risk.
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was trying to say that to him. Go on condition, you like the car, its running well, its not rusty. Its a good one.

He admitted he just wanted to run it til the end of summer then sell it making an easy £1k darn saff E36 cab uplift tax on it. But he was worried because all the history wasnt accountable he would have trouble shifting it on.

Maybe he's right, I just wanted a cool cab and this one felt right and has given me no grief at all.

All its cost me is £3 for a new BMW badge for the front
Jambo

13th Aug 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ I had so many idiots trying to do me over when selling my E46 RE: Service history. 8yr old M3 oh it doesnt have FUll BMW history hmmmmm. Well i think ill leave it

Id love it Colin, honest to god prefer it to the one i have now. However, ive sank so much into it, i cant justify it
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi

I've always told people that with M3s the problem when selling them is the service history. They all seem to want to be 100% full from bmw. My mate has an estoril evo to sell and i dont think he has any chance at all because of the lack of full service history. Hopefully you'll be lucky next time and get somebody who isnt too anal about it and likes the car and prepared to give it a risk.

If spending big on a E90 or E46 then yes but this is a cheap bargain basement E36.

Maybe I look differently than others but I see a good running car thats given me no grief then fuck the paperwork from 10yrs ago!!

Someone will see it for what it is, or i'll keep it. Not too fussed either way!!
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Christ I had so many idiots trying to do me over when selling my E46 RE: Service history. 8yr old M3 oh it doesnt have FUll BMW history hmmmmm. Well i think ill leave it

Id love it Colin, honest to god prefer it to the one i have now. However, ive sank so much into it, i cant justify it

You need a spare for when yours breaks down

Jambo

13th Aug 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On an old car, condition is key. I bought mine on the way it drove.

Yours when i was looking was worth £5k. Turning it down for £2700 is fucking madness.
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone askes 'as the vanos been done mate' like it requires changing like your underpants.

I'm going to start replying tell me what the vanos does and i'll tell you when it was changed. Muppets!! Read something on the net they know nothing about and shit their pants into asking idiotic internet questions!!
Colin

13th Aug 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
On an old car, condition is key. I bought mine on the way it drove.

Yours when i was looking was worth £5k. Turning it down for £2700 is fucking madness.

Might just stick it in my nans garage for 5yrs and then sell it for 10!

<<  29    30    31    32    33    34    35  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jambo's BMW E36 ///M3 Convertible * *Sold - Now Broken!!* 24 database queries in 0.6374040 seconds