corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hmm what amp?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmm what amp?
PainZ

User status: Offline
13th Apr 03 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i plan on getting

2x 10" JL subs (JL 10W0-4)

but im unsure what amp to go for?

i have a Sony CDX-MP70 head unit and the rest is all standard kit (from corsa C)

so what amp should i go for i aint got a clue :/
corb

13th Apr 03 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ground Zero GZNA 2600
1200RMS
£300
PainZ

13th Apr 03 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

golly do i really need to spend that much on an amp?
PainZ

13th Apr 03 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get one from also any links online?
corb

13th Apr 03 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

links, yes, here you go

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/member.php?action=viewpro&member=corb

[Edited on 13-04-2003 by corb]
PainZ

13th Apr 03 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that?
corb

13th Apr 03 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me, im selling my old amp, bigger and better things knocking on my door, so this amps gotta go.
TOMAS

14th Apr 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An alpine MRD-M500 should be more than Ample for those subs. Wire them in parallel to give you 2ohms- that amp kicks out 500wrms at 2ohms, youre subs take 125wrms so its more than enough. Even an alpine MRD-M300 would suffice but i'd get the bigger incase you upgrade in the future to more meatier subwoofers, but keep the gains down on the M500 as not to stress the voice coils too much.... Here's some details from www.cel-direct.com AKA Car Electronics LTD of the East Midlands....

MRD-M500...

£260
SPECIFICATION FEATURES

1 x 900 Watts Max, 1 x 250 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM, 1 x 500 Watts RMS @ 2 OHM Frequency Response 20Hz-200Hz, Signal/Noise Ratio 90dB, Low Pass Filter Adjustable 30-200Hz 1/12 Oct, Subsonic Filter 15-50Hz, Parametric EQ 1/12 Octave, Time Correction 0 – 10m Sec, Phase Selector 0-180 Degrees, MOSFET Power Supply, Multi Status Indicator/Power LED, Optional Remote Bass Control (RUE-4180)

MRD-M300...

£170
SPECIFICATION FEATURES

1 x 600 Watts Max, 1 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 OHM, 1 x 300 Watts RMS @ 2 OHM Frequency Response 20Hz-200Hz, Signal/Noise Ratio 90dB, Low Pass Filter Adjustable 30-200Hz, Subsonic Filter 15-50Hz, Parametric EQ, High Level Input, Phase Selector 0-180 Degrees, MOSFET Power Supply, Multi Status Indicator/Power LED, Optional Remote Bass Control (RUE-4180)

- TOM
Kris TD

15th Apr 03 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have the wrong subs mate, if you intend to run them both off the same amp you need 2ohm subs, not 4 ohm ones. you wont get anywhere near asmuch bass out of them infact it will be half as much
TOMAS

15th Apr 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eh? not sure if that was aimed at me but correct me if im wrong but those JL's are 4ohms each. 4 + 4 ohms in parallel equal 2ohms. Those alpine amps give out their MOST power (safely) when in 2ohms... I should know i have full alpine install with FIVE alpine amps! No offense but from the sound of it Corb's amp will just cook them in 5 mins, golden brown with the smell of burning electrics and MDF if lucky
Kris TD

15th Apr 03 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been chatting to my mate who works for a very reputable ice company and is making jl audios demo car and he says that if you are only using one amp and 2 subs you need to have an amp that is 2 ohm stable and run 2 ohm subs. it will work with 4 ohms subs but it wont be as good as if you were running 2 ohms ones. as you have said above, the mrd m300 runs 150 rms at 4 ohm or 300 at 2 ohm. alpine even say this themselves, it comes with the subs in a leaflet
Kris TD

15th Apr 03 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like wise if you are runnign 1 sub with 2 amps it needs to be a 2 ohm sub, infact you only use 4 ohm subs if you are using 1 amp, any other combination no matter what it is ideally needs 2 ohm subs.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hmm what amp? 24 database queries in 0.0193670 seconds