corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Warranties

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Warranties
A2H GO

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
what goes wrong?

something drastic to me would be a bill of over £1k?

what costs that? none of the suspension parts, none of the brakes, its not like the interior breaks, basically an engine rebuild is the worst outcome, yet 200k and all is well there.

i know its not for everyone, but new cars are overpriced, your paying for stuff "just in case", what you really get from a warrenty is usually piece of mind for those who don't understand the workings or can't fix things themselves

My mates 2008 1.9 GT TDi golfs cam snapped last month, causing bearing to fall into the sump and get pulled into the oil pump fucking his engine. He got that fixed at £1k. 2 weeks later his turbo failed, paid £400+ for a recon one plus fitting.
John

2nd Jun 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i know its not for everyone, but new cars are overpriced, your paying for stuff "just in case"

You are also paying to not be driving about in an old car with 200k miles on the clock.

You can fix a newer car yourself if you have a laptop and can work a computer, the rest is still the same as your 200k mile one.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think buying a car thats 3 years old is the perfect time to buy.

The previous owner has taken the massive depreciation hit within the first year of ownership, will then have had any problems sorted under warranty within the previous 3 years. You also get the benefit of the further depreciation as a result of the warranty ending and in some cases the cars done less than 30k miles is still like new.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

old good cars are the best imo, new shit cars are bound to be shit as they just about profit and selling as many as possible as fast as possible.

nothing wrong with 200k, you could be driving one with 100k on it. Is that only half as bad/risky/dodgy/uncool (whichever stigma is attached cars that have survived longest)
whitter45

2nd Jun 11 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

The previous owner has taken the massive depreciation hit within the first year of ownership, will then have had any problems sorted under warranty within the previous 3 years. You also get the benefit of the further depreciation as a result of the warranty ending and in some cases the cars done less than 30k miles is still like new.

but if it goes wrong its big money on modern cars

3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only because they make it big money
A2H GO

2nd Jun 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

but if it goes wrong its big money on modern cars

Thats the risk you take.

Some people have to have that peace of mind and pay a premium for it.

Most of the time you save more money buying outside of warranty(following depreciation etc) than you would fixing anything that could potentially go wrong.

[Edited on 02-06-2011 by A2H GO]
harrisp

2nd Jun 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
old good cars are the best imo, new shit cars are bound to be shit as they just about profit and selling as many as possible as fast as possible.

So old cars werent built to sell as many as possible to make profit? ok

fuck off banging on about 200k miles, its nothing impressive
Mark.W

2nd Jun 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went with these for warranty on the astra as they cover wear & tear in the top cover. £200 cheaper than vauxhall.

http://www.gocarwarranty.co.uk/car-warranties/
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok m8, no beef, do they cover sonic booms and hadoukens wear and tear though at that level?
Stu

2nd Jun 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Warranty Direct warranty on my RS6, in total they paid for a gearbox rebuild, 4 knackered DRC shockers (which they were happy to replace with coilovers) and a knackered thermostat.

In total that was about £7000 worth of claims and they never argued about any of them! Warranty only cost me £500 too!

I reckon most people who slate these aftermarket warranties have never had one.........
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reason i posted this is because a guy at work had one from the company i posted and they refused to pay out, granted he only paid 99 quid for his, i guess you get what you pay for
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they were arses from start to finish too, it was a problem with a rear wheel bearing for a mondeo ST, you cannot buy the bearing seperate its a whole new rear hub with bearing inclusive, took it to garage, garage inspected tried to call warranty company on saturday, they said they are open saturdays, just got answer machine all the time so gave up and gave car back.

they got hold of them again on the tuesday for them to say they want the hub to be removed from the car and the bearing taken out and inspected.

clearly didnt know what they were talking about and just being arses to try to avoid paying out, its a sealed unit if you try and split it to get to the bearing you are going to damage the bearing anyway, pointless
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
I had a Warranty Direct warranty on my RS6, in total they paid for a gearbox rebuild, 4 knackered DRC shockers (which they were happy to replace with coilovers) and a knackered thermostat.

In total that was about £7000 worth of claims and they never argued about any of them! Warranty only cost me £500 too!

I reckon most people who slate these aftermarket warranties have never had one.........

i reckon the car must have been a dog for those faults.

don't make em like they used to.

predicted failure imo
Stu

3rd Jun 11 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stu

predicted failure imo

Thanks for your professional opinion on something you know absolutely nothing about

Three common failures on an RS6, I knew it could happen so covered myself with a warranty and it paid off? So yeah maybe predicted failure. I know the E60 has weak points too and when the BMW warranty expires Ill be getting another warranty direct warranty. Most high performance cars aren't as reliable as people think, but then how would you know this?

Dont make em like the used to? Guess your talking about your Corrado?
whitter45

3rd Jun 11 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stu

predicted failure imo

Thanks for your professional opinion on something you know absolutely nothing about

Three common failures on an RS6, I knew it could happen so covered myself with a warranty and it paid off? So yeah maybe predicted failure. I know the E60 has weak points too and when the BMW warranty expires Ill be getting another warranty direct warranty. Most high performance cars aren't as reliable as people think, but then how would you know this?

Dont make em like the used to? Guess your talking about your Corrado?

careful Stu you will burst Jims Bubble
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 11 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a giant peach actually
SteveW

3rd Jun 11 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to detract from op but sonic boom made me laugh.. then i found this

3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 11 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honestly, the only thing that seems to impress people on this website is how much money someone has spent on something.

i know some people are loaded, but its a corsa website, people come on here bragging about £40k cars and £500 for a warrenty is just pocket change. most members corsas aren't worth £500.

car enthusiasts or money enthusiasts?
mwg

3rd Jun 11 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people don't have Corsa's on here Someone spending 40k on a car can still be a car enthusiast
adiohead

3rd Jun 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stu, you got receipts for all those warranty claims?

I won't believe it until I see it.
Nath

3rd Jun 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant tell if Jim is being serious half the time.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jun 11 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I cant tell if Jim is being serious half the time.

same here tbh

i think i need some time off
mwg

3rd Jun 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

3rd Jun 11 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think jim should get a warranty then he might be brave enough to come with us to germany

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Warranties 22 database queries in 0.1083071 seconds