corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Warranties

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Warranties
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 11 at 09:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These really are a joke arent they, do they have a clause for everything avoids paying out in every circumstance

Go Car Warranty for example, lists a whole host of things they cover, great you think, then you read this

quote:

4 No liability will be accepted for damage caused by:

• neglect;
• corrosion;
• any foreign matter getting into or onto a part;
• lack of servicing;
• the effects of over-heating, whether caused by an insured part or not;
• freezing;
• abuse;
• damage to parts not covered by this Policy or consequential damage following therefrom; or
• damage to parts we cover caused by parts not covered by the policy.

5 No liability will be accepted for:
• wear and tear;
• normal deterioration;
• the effects of poor repairs, faults or defects at the time of the sale;
• parts which have been fitted incorrectly;
• parts which are of faulty manufacture or design; or
• parts not fitted as standard or optional extra by the manufacturer, unless cover for such items is agreed beforehand.

6 This policy excludes any damage caused by fire, accident or any road hazard whether or not insured under any motor insurance or accidental damage policy. It does not provide cover for other people or physical injury.

7 No liability will be accepted for damage caused by war risks, sonic booms or nuclear radiation.

When would something go wrong that cant be just classified as wear and tear, or deterioration or by a foreign object lol

this bit made me lol the most

quote:
7 No liability will be accepted for damage caused by war risks, sonic booms or nuclear radiation

sonic booms, WTF, this is Street Fighter 2
Fro

2nd Jun 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better watch out Guile is coming
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im actually tempted to ring up and say my car has just driven through a nuclear blast, and then got hit by a Sonic Boom, and now my wheel bearing is rumbling, can it be fixed
mwg

2nd Jun 11 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non manufacturer warranties are crap. Would never bother with one myself as you always hear of people trying to claim and not being able to.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi matty g, have you driven into any Sonic Booms lately in your mini?
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i honestly do think dealerships and all this warrenty is a big rip off, ok its for most people and most people will not have the genius to do their own thing and need to be spoon fed by a dealership.

i hate it, not for me.

my dad is looking at getting a new scirocco now, spent fcukloads on an audi A3, driven it no where, had problems, now thinks the best answer is to spend £20k on something else for 3yrs

i don't care if its affordable, i think its a waste
Fro

2nd Jun 11 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be interesting to see what they say about the sonic boom

Agree with MattyGee, know people that have had nothing but grief from non manufacturer warranties whereas when i had one with Nissan they took the car gave me a courtesy one and fixed whatever was up. Included two rear CV joints and a full Gearbox rebuild.
Fro

2nd Jun 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

He causes them.
mwg

2nd Jun 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The Mini creates sonic booms mate
mwg

2nd Jun 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro knows which side his bread is buttered
mwg

2nd Jun 11 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i honestly do think dealerships and all this warrenty is a big rip off, ok its for most people and most people will not have the genius to do their own thing and need to be spoon fed by a dealership.

i hate it, not for me.

my dad is looking at getting a new scirocco now, spent fcukloads on an audi A3, driven it no where, had problems, now thinks the best answer is to spend £20k on something else for 3yrs

i don't care if its affordable, i think its a waste

You are talking about manufacturers warranties. They are pretty good, they actually sort things out for you. Which you would expect when you are spending that kind of money.

It's when you take a third party warranty out that you have problems trying to claim for things.
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my warrenty is my wallet, if something breaks i fix it, no questions asked
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im actually tempted to ring up and say my car has just driven through a nuclear blast, and then got hit by a Sonic Boom, and now my wheel bearing is rumbling, can it be fixed

[Edited on 02-06-2011 by loafofbrett]
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing i have found is through the AA, the only catch is you need the recovery service but for £6/7 a month you can have cover in the event of repairs following a breakdown they allow you to claim £500, 5 x a year with a £25 excess. On my corsa they replaced my water pump, a power steering pump and my engone on three seperate claims in the space of two years and at that point it only cost a fiver a month, my ex had her snapped timing belt fixed (i.e. a full top end rebuild) and my sister only last week had her headgasket sorted inc skimming and cambelt done. Cost us around £300 inc excess and yearly payments for around £3000 work.

The only thing is that they need to attend the 'breakdown' so when my water pump went i drove the car for a couple of miles, played stupid and said didnt know what was wrong with the car and was scared to drive it, AA turned up and told me to drive to local garage, jobs done
adiohead

2nd Jun 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sonic booms, WTF, this is Street Fighter 2

3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got hadouken'd once but got away with only marring
A2H GO

2nd Jun 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"4 No liability will be accepted for:

• damage to parts not covered by this Policy or
• damage to parts we cover caused by parts not covered by the policy."

Surely thats everything then?
Ojc

2nd Jun 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For that Corsa you got? Burn it mate
whitter45

2nd Jun 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

hence why your broke on a 15 year old car

Thats why most of the German models lose alot of value after 3 years as warranties are up and when they go wrong its expensive
3CorsaMeal

2nd Jun 11 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what goes wrong?

something drastic to me would be a bill of over £1k?

what costs that? none of the suspension parts, none of the brakes, its not like the interior breaks, basically an engine rebuild is the worst outcome, yet 200k and all is well there.

i know its not for everyone, but new cars are overpriced, your paying for stuff "just in case", what you really get from a warrenty is usually piece of mind for those who don't understand the workings or can't fix things themselves

Ben G

2nd Jun 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

thats all well and good until something breaks in a modern car and costs thousands to fix.
Colin

2nd Jun 11 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd never buy a non-manufacturer warranty!!
Darrell16v

2nd Jun 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our 2007 Corsa had a waterpump failure in 2010 which was a plastic part that broke off the top of the waterpump, We then left it into a Vx garage and they replaced it with a metal part claiming that the car was fixed.

Later that day and 250 quid later the car boiled up and the headgasket was fucked! We called Vauxhall garage and told them as they should have took it for a test drive but they obviously didn't they claimed they did and were not going to fix it.

We then left the car to a mechanic to get a new headgasket put in out of our own money.Then he tested the block and it was cracked

Cut along story short after many arguments and threating legal action the vauxhall garage put a whole new engine in

Just shows that theyll do anything to get out of it lol

1.2 Sxi btw I would encourage anyone to get their pump checked out as there should have been a callback on the vehicles.
A2H GO

2nd Jun 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a 2007 1.2 sxi, are you saying there was an official Vauxhall recall for a water pump design fault?
Anty
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/quote_page1.html?apc=12212146958408822&gclid=CNfly466l6kCFYEc4Qod-xD-uQ

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Warranties 22 database queries in 0.1959221 seconds