corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nissan Leaf

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nissan Leaf
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
6th May 22 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The big question being how is old age treating the range.
DaveyLC

6th May 22 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The big question being how is old age treating the range.

Total dog s*** 30-40 miles - and the PTC heater is dead &#128514; AC works though .

It drives REALLY nice though &#128558; I’m looking out for a cheap later 30kwh version.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th May 22 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What did it do brand new? That sounds like its basically scrap unless you can repair with either old stuff that's going to be the same or new stuff which makes it a very expensive car.
DaveyLC

7th May 22 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80-90 miles.

I’ve got a 6 mile trip to work, it’s free tax and my insurer gave me money back when I added it to our multi car policy &#128514;

I watched another 11 plate in burgundy And in much worse condition sell for over £4k so I’m happy I’ll see my money again.

Apparently the motor and controller are used in conversions

Ian
Site Administrator

7th May 22 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That reminds me, I need a non-trade multi-car policy so I can randomly add and remove whatever old shit I want to drive that week but not pay 3 grand a year now I have a new job that's not motor trade.
DaveyLC

8th May 22 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral is great
DaveyLC

27th Jun 22 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found another one for peanuts, this time a 2016 with a healthy battery (70-80 mile rage).

Slowly acquiring the bits for solar charging now for some nice free motoring.

ed

27th Jun 22 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
If you don't have your head up your arse then you can see you're not saving the world driving one. Most the chemicals needed for them come from South America and as Ian said, the batteries are industrial waste afterwards.

I remember hearing a Prius driver saying they didn't eat mangos because pf the 'food miles'

At least they pretend that they'll recycle the batteries when you're done with them now.
DaveyLC

27th Jun 22 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by ed
If you don't have your head up your arse then you can see you're not saving the world driving one. Most the chemicals needed for them come from South America and as Ian said, the batteries are industrial waste afterwards.

I remember hearing a Prius driver saying they didn't eat mangos because pf the 'food miles'

At least they pretend that they'll recycle the batteries when you're done with them now.

The old batteries are silly money now as people are using them to harvest cells for off-grid stuff and then you've got companies doing stuff like this:

https://www.canarymedia.com/articles/energy-storage/used-ev-batteries-are-storing-solar-power-at-grid-scale-and-making-money-at-it

Loads of start-ups are now also recycling the Lithium

[Edited on 27-06-2022 by DaveyLC]
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Jun 22 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting if the scrap price starts taking electric cars off the road because the stuff is worth more capacitating solar demand.
DaveyLC

29th Jun 22 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Be interesting if the scrap price starts taking electric cars off the road because the stuff is worth more capacitating solar demand.

I wouldn't be surprised! But at the moment the price of EVs has been massively inflated by the cost of fuel, even old chargers are making stupid money
SetH

4th Aug 22 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
that is fucking disgusting

The thread was concluded at this comment.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nissan Leaf 22 database queries in 0.0120430 seconds