corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dbillas? will i get 20bhp on my 1.2?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dbillas? will i get 20bhp on my 1.2?
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
12th Apr 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read it porperly paul instead of laughing at my comment

Exhaust + induction kit

Ignorant gits
sheff_corsa

12th Apr 03 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate has got the dbilas inlet manifold on his sri and its ace.i think people have had big problems with the dbilas tb's , but i would say the inlet manifold is good. if you ask cossvaux in sheff, they'll recomend it above all its rivals.im gonna get one on my 1.6. i dont know if its worth it on a 1.2 though.
Cybermonkey

13th Apr 03 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
read it porperly paul instead of laughing at my comment

Exhaust + induction kit

Ignorant gits

i'll ask then, what exhaust and 'induction kit' do you use to get 10-12bhp on a 1.2??? You know fuck all my friend, especially about the CAT. You dont bin it when MOT time comes round, you just swap it back over, its a piece of piss.
StuartVRS

13th Apr 03 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If thats what you want to think Cybermonkey24 then you think that. I dont give a fuck what you think about my opinions etc as i had all the rolling road sheets to prove these power gains and was told by 2 different companies that decat would not really be an option due to the positioning of the cat on the corsa C. Doubt me all you like, i had proof, thats all i need, i have nothing to prove to you.
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Jun 04 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is a 2ltr turbo runnin about 280bhp

i only know coz the guy told me
vibrio
Banned

8th Jun 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lacky75
I am interested in the Dbilas dynamic FLOWTEC-inlet manifold for the Corsa C 1.2sxi Z12XE with TUV, i have been told by the company that sells them that i could expect upto 20bhp increase in performance by adding this.

The thing is i havnt been hearing alot of good about the dbillas inlet manifolds?

Ciuld u let help me out is this any good? i mean 20bhp cant be that bad?

[Edited on 10-04-2003 by lacky75]

they are very good
ed

8th Jun 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lacky75
I am interested in the Dbilas dynamic FLOWTEC-inlet manifold for the Corsa C 1.2sxi Z12XE with TUV, i have been told by the company that sells them that i could expect upto 20bhp increase in performance by adding this.

The thing is i havnt been hearing alot of good about the dbillas inlet manifolds?

Ciuld u let help me out is this any good? i mean 20bhp cant be that bad?

[Edited on 10-04-2003 by lacky75]

Notice how they say up to...
AgentBlue

8th Jun 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
If thats what you want to think Cybermonkey24 then you think that. I dont give a fuck what you think about my opinions etc as i had all the rolling road sheets to prove these power gains and was told by 2 different companies that decat would not really be an option due to the positioning of the cat on the corsa C. Doubt me all you like, i had proof, thats all i need, i have nothing to prove to you.

Have to agree, the exhaust headers on the Z12XE and Z10XE are welded directly to the top of the cat, the slightly older X variants have bolt off cats allowing a downpipe to be fabricated to it to the manifold (but I still reccomend using a sportcat).

I have a Dbilas manifold fitted to my corsa B
It is runnig quite poor at the moment due to idle control motor packing in and I havent had the ECU set up to the flowtec (running very lean between 3000 and 5500 rpm) but there is significant gains there already and I think it should have no problem getting 85-90bhp after setup
Paul_J

8th Jun 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A guy who had the dbilas stuff on his 1.2 16v who had his car rolling roaded got 105 bhp @ the fly.

Thing you gotta remember is it includes a dastek unichip + mapping...

where as say buying a velo's torque tube and fitting it might only get u 15-20 bhp, but if u then chipped that as well it'd get u quite a bit more too.
corsa-sxi

9th Jun 04 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the corsa above is running 234bhp it stated at PVS
L330wnz

9th Jun 04 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lacky, where in norwich u at? And what do YOU drive?
Kris TD

9th Jun 04 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
A guy who had the dbilas stuff on his 1.2 16v who had his car rolling roaded got 105 bhp @ the fly.

Thing you gotta remember is it includes a dastek unichip + mapping...

where as say buying a velo's torque tube and fitting it might only get u 15-20 bhp, but if u then chipped that as well it'd get u quite a bit more too.

i dont think they are as good as they sound.
i know a member of this site who was suitable impressed that my td kept level with his 1.4 16v with velos torque tube, chip, full exhaust and decat and filter. now mine got 99 bhp!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll