corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20let or z20leh

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20let or z20leh
Kieran
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Apr 11 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right iv been thinking long and hard about this for a while now,

The z20leh would be a bit more differcult if fit, but newer and not been done?
C20let easy to fit, but older and over done

The c20let would get rebuilt no matter what, the z20leh would get a general service as they only have a few miles on them.

Only thing I'm thinking is availably of sourcing performance parts ( cheaper/easier ) is there a difference?
And tuning potential on both engines what one would handle the power better or would be easier to get more power from?

Would both have f28's also. I'm just debating weather it's werth going for the z20leh or not, because of the hassle. I just don't know what to do so would like some suggestions please

Will be in the near feature not quite yet
Jabba

29th Apr 11 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

z20leh if you ask me as its a younger engine will have less miles even tho they will be harder to fit id rather have a younger engine that has less miles than a easy to fit engine

just my own o.p
Mieran

29th Apr 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How you going to make the LEH work in a Corsa B?
Jamie-C

29th Apr 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same way as you make any other engine work?
AlexW

29th Apr 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie lol

It depends on how much you want to spend, the LEH is going to be lots more for obvious reasons (ECU and mapping is one!), and vs a correctly built CLET is no different.

Just thought too, Also depends if you can weld, New mount etc.

[Edited on 29-04-2011 by AW06]
Kieran
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would either get a cambus loom from Corsa c/ astra or omex management to run the z20leh. I'm just think to be different but it could bite me in the ass as I'm wanting about 350 to 400 bhp by the end of things. I'm just not to clued up on the tuning potential of the z20
AlexW

29th Apr 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would be silly trying to run it on cambus IMO. Aftermarket Mappable ECU is the only way imo, So easily a grand inc mapping there.

Clet would be the way id be going, proven to hit 400plus bhp, I'm not sure what people have made out of the ZLET/LEH engines though.

If it was me, I'd save a bit of money in the actual conversion and go for a CLET, completely rebuild it (with some spec upgrades obv), and stick with the tried and tested.

Even mounting the LEH isnt easy!
Mieran

29th Apr 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a LET and put steel rods in while its getting rebuilt so its ready for big power and doesn't need to be opened up again
corsadonk
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Newer engine with the standalone, the money you save on the rebuild, can go on the loom, ECU and mapping.

Do it man, it will be great.
wwwNOOBcom

29th Apr 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20let all the way, 400hp is usless for anything up a strip. 350 for a good all round fast road car
bigron1988

29th Apr 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20let all the way , do a full rebuild before it goes in and it will be like a new engine , loads of 400 bhp c20let around so it shouldent be to hard and they go in a corsa b easy
Kieran
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would get a rebuild and some goodies before, just weighting up availability of both engines, price and potential. Can you get more for you money on the clet?
MarkSport

29th Apr 11 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20lets are as commen as speedlines and gsi bodykits. go for the leh if funds allow. im sure warren could make one run
Kieran
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what got me thinking, they are over done. But iv only ever seen a z20let in a b not a leh so will be very different, and couldn't be to hard. Just performance is all I'm worried about lol. Would like to pay 4 figure sums for something that on a clet would be peanuts with more output. Just don't know enough about zlehs. Lol

[Edited on 29-04-2011 by kizzacorsab]
johnny86
Premium Member

29th Apr 11 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kizza leh it mate will be the nuts.....
MarkSport

29th Apr 11 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isn't the leh like 237bhp? or whatever engine came in the zafira vxr... you need to think of reliability too, a clet is old and eventually parts will be hard to get where as new engines will be easier to source parts for.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 11 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Age of the engine - not really important if it's being rebuilt

Availability of parts - really? This is a problem?

Everyone is going C not Z - yes, because it's easier and less wondering.

If you're rebuilding anyway I would go C for less headaches.

Z might be a more interesting route but there's less know and it has the potential to be a lot more of a headache for similar (less?) power.
Col004

30th Apr 11 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will have a small nightmare getting and LEH to run in a Corsa B unless you run after market management as the LEH purely runs and relies on CAN BUS for injector cycles, speed signals and fueling.

So it would become mega dear.. Stick with a LET mate.

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by Col004]
Kieran
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 00:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I mean I don't want to source all the parts for the zleh and have nothing but problems fitting and running it as it hasn't been done before so could not research common problems. But the other side is saying man up and just go for it, and the other devil is saying be clet man. Lol

[Edited on 30-04-2011 by kizzacorsab]
corsadonk
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 06:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The LEH is already forged with under piston jets I think. Go standalone anyway, also you'll need a cable throttle body. Then thats it you'll have 300 bhp with ease, just by mapping it, and a intercooler you'll need anyway.

It's hard enough getting XE parts from a dealer, I can see LET parts being the same.

Think what Monty went like with 260 BHP, a VXR is 240 standard.
dale87

30th Apr 11 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing a clet conversion atm but I've not rebuilt it as its not my everyday car so won't matter if it lets go and I have the ability to rebuild it myself should something go wrong, but my engine did come from the original car which i had ownwd/drove etc, not just bought off someones garage floor.

will the power aim be 100% 400Bhp? if so id have to say clet as theyre have been loads of proven reliable engines at this spec and can be done on standard management(phase chips big turbo etc) until the need or want for standalone management.

will the car be used properly and driven hard? after owning a z20let i'd be a little worried to give it a hammering at 400bhp (just my opinion on zlet, leh might be different) but 400bhp aint going to be cheap on either engine really.

seeing as you have a xe already it would make sense to go clet but vxr engine would be very cool.
dale87

30th Apr 11 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c20let's have mahle forged pistons standard iirc
Mieran

30th Apr 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically ecowrecks are crap.
Mike GSi

30th Apr 11 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LEH comes with 240bhp. By the time it is fitted and running in a Corsa B it will be at least 300bhp due to it needing an exhaust, stand alone, and larger intercooler.

Be diffferent imo.
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Apr 11 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say get the LEH. Sure it may not have been done as much but unless people start doing it then there will never be the same amount of available knowledge as there is for the older LET.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20let or z20leh 23 database queries in 0.1949079 seconds