corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » cambelt cover needed or not?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cambelt cover needed or not?
danbo

User status: Offline
19th Apr 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wondering seen alot of modified engine not running with the cambelt cover top or bottom part nor the inner part

just wondering for if i get a nice set of cams and pulleys if the cover is needed or will it be fine without?
grimmy

19th Apr 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its your daily driver, wouldnt really be worth risking it just to show two coloured pulleys off, what engine have you got? seen some xe's with holes cut in to adjust verniers without removing cover an you can see them through there, be a safer option if you really wanted to show them.
danbo

19th Apr 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 and yer i was thinking of that option too, cutting some holes or modifying the upper part of the cover some how
biswell

19th Apr 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't a stone or anyting cud flik up jam up the belt then bang ! up too you lol
danbo

19th Apr 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe modify the upper cover and use some clear plastic/perspex? opinions on a way to do this/material to use
Corsa_Sport21

19th Apr 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is risky,but the Ford boys seem to do it on the YB without much issues.

I ran my V6 Astra without a cover for months without any problems.
danbo

19th Apr 11 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer any stone or anything could jump up although not much room in the corsa bay.

maybe go from some clear plastic or somthing to create a clear windown in the top part of the cover
johnhara1

19th Apr 11 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran an old punto without one for almost a year. Had no issues.

I wasn't bothered as they're "SAFE" engines. I would atleast keepthe bottom cover on if it was my 16v engine.

New Poll