corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior
moffat

User status: Offline
17th Nov 11 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ayee man much?
moffat

18th Nov 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so small update on the nova front,

bought this of bracey on here Courtenay Turbo manifold for the nova

quote:
Originally posted by bracey123
Manifold

and corsas broke lol fans not working but redone my red rear lights, touched up a few stonechips, painted 2 of my other speedlines and got one ready to do a full refurb and colour change will upload more pics later
LukesCorsaSXi

18th Nov 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa looks awesome now mate
moffat

18th Nov 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers luke aye thats it finally how i want bar a few things, just bought some stickers for it a new bulbs, just wind deflectors and a debadged grille and exhaust to go
bracey123

19th Nov 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manifold should be with ye soon mate good to see its gonna get used rather than sitting in my van
moffat

23rd Nov 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no much been done on the nova front recently, due to work and andy the welders missus is due to to drop soon so kinda at a loose end so seen a few bargains pop up so snapped them up, 1st got a Oil Filter Relocation kit then bought a Courtenay Turbo Manifold

got given a mint gear gaitor

got this tape deck for the ultimate 90s look lol, will have a cd changer in the boot

and the bits needing welded are the engine bay,

as you can see its a bit of a state atm..

rear arch still cut out, gave it a coat of anti rust primer for time being

bracey123

23rd Nov 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comin on well mate
moffat

23rd Nov 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy
7unner172

23rd Nov 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mint mate love the nova

moffat

23rd Nov 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
moffat

10th Dec 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well here are update time. since posting the last update fraser (thegingerwhinger) said if i needed a hand getting the welding done he wouldnt mind helping me out so we arranged for last wednesday for the car to go to his unit, ive been working since so not been throught to see it but hes sent me some pics

the front ends been stitch welded and the passenger rear arch has been welded on, i'll just need to catty it.

thats the front end all done, back arch was next

and finally my passenger door had a few wee soft patches so they got plated up, ill waxoyl it aswell so should be fine

also be getting a disc converted back axle soon and got my old 5th softstar dropped off
moffat

21st Dec 11 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since getting the nova welded i started applying filler to the rear arch, bought a 5th softstar and also seen my pal was braking a nova so getting v6 brakes, disc converted rear axle, cavalier bias valve and a spare set of doors off him.

so deffo getting there..

also been treating the corsa to a few bits,

sport orange needle clocks

tigra scuttle panel

tigra coin tray

and bought a full custom stainless, but it was on a 1.2 16v so doesnt quite fit my 1.4 8v yet but tried the back box on

also think the head gaskets away....... so might be an engine change on the cards instead of fixing the 1.4
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

22nd Dec 11 at 19:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova's coming on Craig.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
moffat

25th Dec 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dan!

right decided i wanted a bigger engine for the corsa, nearly went down the c20xe route but decided on a x16ce off a mate, complete with f15, loom ecu transponder etc also comes with a powerbox and ill fit a 4branch and my stainless system on.

also getting a irmscher splitter from jordz so deciding on a wheel refurb in vauxhall stell grey along with painting the bumper tops and arch trims the same colour. then a set of mhws a new passenger wing and the quarter sorted and that will be me ready for next year. going be a mad rush likes but hopefully be worth it
moffat

23rd Jan 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well corsa plans didnt go ahead atm, this is the reason why (copied from png)

not getting as much done atm as id like but trying to keep getting some bits and bobs done as and when i can. right so got some more filler on the back arch and hit with some primer, still another layer to go on both sides get rid of the high and low spots. but coming out well for a 1st go. since the engines stripped ive gave it a lick of paint to freshen it, hopefully be getting that rebuilt later on in the year

also bought some vectra V6 front brakes and a disc converted back axle

some pics of the brakes and axle

tbc....
moffat

23rd Jan 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt plan on getting this done for a while, but had a couple days of no bad weather so took advantage off it, got the car into some primer, used 2pac from a gun, most off the cars came up pretty well, still a few imperfections with the archs and passenger wing so will get them sorted soon then i'll hit the car with some fine wet and dry and give another going over

1st up was the engine bay

next up were the wings and bumper,

and ive sold my rear axle so quickly fitted my disc axle atm just temporary though as i will need to get it powdercoated

well some good news and some bad, got paid off last tuesday so thats me unemplyed again and theres absolutly no jobs out there atm, so i was all set for getting the car painted asap but will be on hold till ive got the money. still a bit of prep to do anyway.

anyways kev was breaking a gsi so i managed to get a lot of parts for mine, basically everything needed to complete mine :d

ended up getting a newly rebuilt e16se engine with loom, ecu, afm, 22spline shafts, mounts everything bar a gearbox. ive got a box anyway so thats that sorted. still be turbo'd, this just saves me rebuilding my old engine and sorucing ecu's and afms etc.. also got the complete gsi car loom, (that should be fun fitting) complete interior, a windscreen, tank and external pump and fuel lines, gsi servo and i think thats everything lol cheers bud

so not much needed once painted, intercooler, raditior, pipework and DV, rising rate fuel reg, suspension, polubushes, brakelines, bits powdercoated etc

comments welcome
nick_sri

23rd Jan 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along nicely

spot on on getting a full engine saves loads of work
moffat

25th Jan 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers nick, no be long till shes finish. thinking of fitting my spare e16se into my corsa
D0NN3R

25th Jan 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its coming along well are you spraying the nova your self its looking good so far
moffat

25th Jan 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

afraid not, sending it away to get done. my pals gte is away getting painted atm. im doing the prep to keep cost down
corsa-torque

25th Jan 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a downpipe to fit a 1.6 8v turbo engine running a T2 for sale if your intrested
also an uncut parcel shelf...
drop us a u2u if your intrested
moffat

5th Feb 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys been a while since ive updated anything with the corsa so here goes,

ive fitted 2ltr 265mm front brakes but have problems with knackered flexi's so in the process of sorting that. also bought sport 3 spokes as i was hoping to get it on the road a few weeks back but lost my job .

i also removed the rubbing strips damaging the paint on both sides, so i was getting fed up with it. but after seeing a few GSI kitted corsa's ive decided to tidy it up for summer. so 1st up i bought a gsi bumper, and a freind has a gsi rear, so need skirts and arch trims next

pic of bumper. also looking for splitter fogs and a grille.

sorry theres a lack of pics, there all on my fb so will get them transfered over when ive more time.

think im going end up spraying the 2 sides though.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

5th Feb 12 at 17:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm good purchase Craig.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
moffat

5th Feb 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dan. cant wait to get stuck into the bodywork. fixing a few running problems atm but will upload more pics during the week.

also speedlines are going gloss black and fully colour coding the kit
Corsa_Scotty

5th Feb 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liking the progress so far. the corsa would be perfect with the kit on and a C20XE under the bonnet

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior 24 database queries in 0.1851439 seconds