corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
17th Aug 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo, very nice
AlexW

19th Aug 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personaly moffat I would of picked the baby xe, More power for similar costs.

If your going to do it properly you need to measure the bores and then make sure they are within tollerance to hone them out and still use std 1.6 pistons etc. Otherwise you'll be wanting larger pistons and to bore the block out to suit.

what compression ratio are you going to run and how are you going to get that?
moffat

19th Aug 11 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as dan says glaicer white on silver softstars, and mega lowness lol.

choose 8v as its inkeeping with the nova theme,

basically the engines getting rebuilt, priced the bits up yesterday, going either run a t2 or t25 turbo, either spi manifold or custom tublar one, 2 headgaskets and spacer plate, vernier pulley to retard the timing, rising rate fuel reg, boost trick switch and oil filter relocation kit.... thats the basic plan anyway... if i see 150bhp id be happy anyway. quite a few local folk have experiance with a turbod 8v so help is at hand if i get stuck.

havnt worked out a compression ratio, bazil on png posted some info on my thread there...

its my 1st engine conversion so will see how it goes, bonus if it runs and holds boost tbh...
DanCobb

20th Aug 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's nice isit staying that low?

moffat

22nd Aug 11 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully staying that low aye, need coilovers for the rear eventually.

also another wee update on the corsa front, going for morettes and a gsi kit, managed to source them so going get them bought
moffat

27th Aug 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been busy with this since i can fit it in the garage now so i got it stripped down, also started stripping engine bay for strenthing again,

started off as this

to

engine bay stripped again due to someone ripping me off

try to position the radiator in the middle for ease of plumbing up the boost pipes etc

and sold the courtenay interior and bought some valver brakes

moffat

29th Aug 11 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well since im going for a gsi kit on the corsa, i decided to paint the speedlines black and the kit will be colour coded, getting that in 2 weeks.

comments welcome
vaux.dan

30th Aug 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the nova !! How low is it on the rear?
moffat

30th Aug 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers matey. its currently sitting with no springs but im wanting some 120mm springs made for it
Seany

30th Aug 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

novas coming on well mate, dont think ive seen the corsa around as i usually take more of an interest when passing them. im in rosyth inverdivet area quite alot aswell.
id swap the wheels over, softstars on the corsa and speedlines on the nova. could just be my preference though
moffat

30th Aug 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy, both are off the road atm anyway so maybe thats why the corsa hasnt been seen yet. tbh the speedlines were on the nova but they rub on the rear even with rolled archs at the height it is atm, so fired them on the corsa and bought the softstars for the nova now ive plenty clearance lol
moffat

31st Aug 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

painted my 2ltr brakes for the nova, primered the crossmember, also painte the front arb, primered the gearbox and painted the inner wings white (had missed these when i done the floor)

also postman had been and dropped off some spax rsx front coilovers for the nova

and managed to get some sport seats for free near dundee for corsa so got a mate to take me up and got them fitted yesterday... sooo comfy

comments welcome
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought some more parts for this, been considering another nova for a track car recently but dont really have the space for another nova with having my wee corsa which is a perfect daily, and this is going be used in dry weather only so i thought i could maybe take this round knockhill occasionally hence the spax rsx front suspenison ive bought.

also bought some ajustable avo rear shocks of iain on here (cheers mate) :thumb:

next problem was if i was to crash i might damage my front bumper so decided to buy a big mouthed gsi front bumper off kev which means ill get some good air flow for the intercooler aswell

and the best bit is ive bought a garrett t2 turbo from ebay (will get a better pic when it comes) :d

turbo arrived this morning garrett t2 :d

heres a pic of my rear arch, just took the one pic cause i was just cracking on, going do the passenger side the morn, engine bay and delock my passenger door and weld up side reapeater on the drivers wing

and a pic i got sent last week of the track bumper :d

tbc...........
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been having a bit of a mishap with the nova recently, not sure what to do with it atm, keep building it the way i want or do i track car it..... if i keep going with the build its going be sitting around and used when i can but if i track it i could have more fun and get more use.

anyway one of the mounting studs for steering rack has snapped so theres some movement and i tried to fit my colum the other night got it on, fitted a dash then went to mount a steering wheel and it didnt go on the colum seemed too short, cant even put the bolt on as the threads are knackered . so going get dash back off and buy another colum and see if i can get it all mounted back up properly

did manage to buy some other bits, euro rear clusters from ebay

rear avo shocks (perfect for how low i want it or if i track it)

then got to work splitting the engine, only slight marks on the bores but deffo going be getting rebuilt now, just a case of saving up and getting it done.

close up of one of the bores

still waiting on andy the welder to be free to get the passenger arch welded on and the front end stitch welded, may aswell ad a strenthening kit whilst im at it. still wanting a gsi interior been offered front and rear seats and rear cards but also been offered a red sri interior so weighing up the pros and cons of what will look best.

got these red sri seats today, not sure if ill keep them for a future project or sell them on as im still getting a GSI interior for it.

also considering doing a corsa electric power steering conversion so looking into that atm. no much progress atm due to weather and andy the welders busy atm

copied and pasted from PNG folks comments welcome
jrdz92

17th Sep 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love how that nova sits keep up the work pal
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate alot of people have said the ride height is too low but i love it. just need some custom back springs. cant wait to get it painted in fresh glacier white :d
SeanXE

17th Sep 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should swap the wheels over speedlines suit novas more, than softstars IMO

[Edited on 17-09-2011 by SeanXE]
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need the softstars for clearance sean, did buy the softstars for the corsa but been there and done that. the speedlines are going get powdercoated anthricate

heres how i want the nova looking

wanted to buy this when it was for sale a few year ago but could afford it, courtenay 1.6 turbo so building mine similar since that got stripped

[Edited on 17-09-2011 by moffat]
SeanXE

17th Sep 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats nice mate, good luck with it
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
jrdz92

17th Sep 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by moffat
cheers mate alot of people have said the ride height is too low but i love it. just need some custom back springs. cant wait to get it painted in fresh glacier white :d

i cant agree with you more there mate it sits perfect looks the part does that
moffat

17th Sep 11 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers man apprecitae nice comments like that makes it all worthwhile
thomasgc

28th Sep 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both looks nice but love novas haha cant beat em just look evil
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's bloody gorgeous Craig,love Nova's with Softstars.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
moffat

28th Sep 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers thommasgc - i like corsa's always have but i cant fight the nova bug, on my 4th and wanting another to track lol.

cheers dan, no far off that tbh but does look epic, gotta be that low also lol

another update today on both cars

Nova update

since i got finished with the corsa quite quick today i had some spare time to do some bits to this in the nice scottish sun weve had today lol, let the pics do the talking

i had painted the splasgaurds and inner wings already but was a bit rushed so another coat was in order, while i was at i done the back of the wings

wings before

wings after

inner wings

least i know there well protected and easy cleaned aswell eh

also cleaned up my brake discs so while i was it they got a splash of colour

also cut out the rot on the passenger rear arch

quick pic of the repair section andys working on, has surface rust from getting wet in the garage be fine once sanded back

also started sanding various parts aswell

started on the front legs as they were quite rough from when i took the bay back to bare metal a few months ago

passenger door was next, vinyal was removed

and started on the rear quarter, still needs a skim of filler, alot of people were asking about the primer along the bottom that it might be hiding something but just as i thought it was fine :d

comments welcome

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by moffat]

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior 24 database queries in 0.1272650 seconds