corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior
moffat

User status: Offline
20th Apr 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers alex my old corsa sat about 80 compared to a few mates lowered on 60mm corsa springs
moffat

20th Apr 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update, got my spi tank all cleaned and rubbed down and painted silver. also done backing plate for wiper motor, also had a go at cleaning washer bottle and header tank but i think ill try dishwasher

moffat

20th Apr 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got much planned for this. was bought as a daily while i build up nova. not done alot to it atm apart from clean it lol. s reg, star silver, 1.4 8v, power steering and sunroof, got a few plans corsa gsi front bumper, spoiler, smoked front depos, debadged grille, german spec rear lights, sport seats, lowered and hopefully some 16" irmsher softstars

ive got so far

gsi bumper (bit tatty but going fix it)
sport spoiler
60mm lowering springs and uprated front shocks

should hopefully have the depos tomorrow

first mod, punto rear wiper and irmy boot badge

[Edited on 20-04-2011 by moffat]
raymond

20th Apr 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate
moffat

20th Apr 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers buddy. cant wait to see your nova at some point
moffat

21st Apr 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some smoked depos off a mate, ones brand new so got them fitted and gave the corsa a wash, post pics later
moffat

21st Apr 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bought a full grey carpet set, and some clear rear lights which im going to turn into like these, euro rear lights with clear indicators, very tidy imo

moffat

30th Apr 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa update...

whats this then....

smoked depo's so got them fitted asap

nova update..

got some more done today, built up my wiper motor with freshly painted backing motor... but couldnt just slap on a dirty wiper motor so a wee irn bru can was put on to tidy it up,

next up was my gsi tailgate, deiced to use this as its not got a wiper so started rubbing it down

and since im putting rear discs on decided to clean up my spare axle as its not got any drums or stub axles on it, just need the end plates grinded off and new disc conversion ones welded on, got calipers etc anyway. also thought id remove the bushes as im wanting to put polybushes on, so some burned them a bit and cut the end off and out they came

painted

moffat

2nd May 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got more bits dropped off today

rare courtenay interior,

clear rears, full carpet set and an engine mount,

nova atm

curently saving for GAZ coilovers
corsasportyred

19th Jul 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do not know if u have finish the nova but whan i saw pic of it it was starting to look sweet

[Edited on 19-07-2011 by corsasportyred]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

19th Jul 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Craig.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Christopher

19th Jul 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova's looking good!
sport2016

19th Jul 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking nice mate, nice nova and corsa
vaux.dan

21st Jul 11 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Novas comin on well. I'm selling some 16" softstars for the corsa ?
moffat

21st Jul 11 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got my accpunt working again, well better update on both of these lol,

corsa;

been a while since i updated, originally didnt plan to do anything to this, but the speedlines went on, then it sat too high etc, did have the smoked depos but sold them as i was planning to sell it but as im planning to keep it now i went down the scrappies and managed to get a few bits today,

collected a 60mm gmax kit, clear depos (drivers glass cracked - didnt realise that till i was home ), sport spoiler, astra mk4 side reapeters then spotted a gsi interior but was a bit tatty so walked about and seen a sport interior which i was going to get till a spotted a vectra with half leathers so fancy them.

going to get the speedlines and spoiler painted in due course

few pics from today, lowered the corsa 60mm but not happy with the rear and also the pic doesnt do much justice as its on uneven ground also whipped springs out to see what 100mm rears would look like and imo looks much better

another small update, managed to split the clear depos and make smoked ones, but the srivers glass is in 3 different bits so ill need to get that sorted asap, also fitted some vauxhall mats and some alpine speakers,

few pics

split and painted

passenger back together see how it looked

wee test fit of them both (cant see smashed glass lol)

nice new mats and alpine speakers

so plans are, 100mm rears, vectra half leathers, painted anthricate wheels and arch trims/bumper tops and an irmy splitter
moffat

21st Jul 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova; well got it home, ive fitted the side skirt clips, and skirts for time being, primered some panels, bought 5 softstars, intercooler, made custom rear lights, changed passenger door, tailgate, painted the floor white,

aw and cheers for the comments
N7 THD

21st Jul 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good that mate!

I love novas, not many minters around though nowadays, big respect for the 1.6 turbo plan too!
M Sutton

21st Jul 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both cars looking good! Does the Nova get left outside with that primer on? Only problem with that, if it does, is primer is very porus and moisture/wet weather will absorb it causing rust underneath with out you knowing! Plans sound good though
moffat

2nd Aug 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the comments, yeah the novas outside atm, got to fix the garage and try get it in there,

Corsa update; tinted the reverse lights red on the standard rears, got clear rears though that im going have a mess about with and see what i can come up with though also fitted a sport airbag steering wheel, took the airbag ring off the back though. going to need to wire up a seperate horn button for the MOT,

so next up is exterior plans, so far ive got the speedlines and a arden blue spoiler, been offered a tatty gsi bumper, but a mate has an irmscher splitter for sale, so either be;

gsi front bumper, steimetz replica skirts all silver etc, anthricate speedlines or irmscher splitter and anthricate bumper tops and arch trims with rubbing strips removed and silver or anthricate wheels.

other plans are a sportex back box, 100mm rear springs and a better interior
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm loving the Nova on Softstars!

Especially the rear,what colour you going for?

moffat

2nd Aug 11 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dan, its erm pretty low lol. lowered the front more also.... no pics of that atm though.

going glacier white, with silver softstars, wee red stripe in the bumper, grey sideskirts, basically standard looking GSI except slammed on the softstars.

few pics of it atm

moffat

4th Aug 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got round to gutting out the interior in the nova, few pics of the courtenay interior etc

uncut shelf and rear headrest conversion

cheeky 5th softstar

what im aiming for...

bit of a loose end atm with it though, plans were to turbo the 8v... and tbh its straightforward enough but ive only got a bare block and the price of nova buts are rocketing and trying to get them also are proving quite difficult...

my dad works at a local scrap yard though so ive been tempted be a x16xe to turbo, id be able to get a complete engine, with box, ecu, loom key and transponder for what itl cost me to get the 8v running and thats before turboing ...

so whats everyones thought on a baby xe turbo? same princaples as doing the 8v but the exhaust and turbo is easier as a corsa vxr unti bolts straight on

thoughts and comments welcome
moffat

16th Aug 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well decided to stick to 8v

as some of you now i bought a bare 1.6 8v e16se when i got this, and since then ive been looking about for bits to build it up to complete spec, so i put up a post in the scottish region as it be too expensive to get everything posted induvidaly and got a few bits dropped off last night from fraser "thegingerwhinger". got a complete inlet manifold, early engine loom and battery loom, and a gearbox which consits of an f15 casing, f13 internals and the 5th gear from a nova diesel. all at a good price.

some bad news as one of my piston rings are away so ive decided to go ahead and rebuild the engine when funds allow. might be aswell since im turboing it and want it to last.

few pictures...

also got a standard flap type petrol cap from vxkev last week. dont really like the areo ones so this is more inkeeping with the oem+ theme

went out earlier and started to clean the gearbox up, hopefully get it painted silver soon, also started stripping the inlet so i could clean and prep that for painting.

comments welcome
LukesCorsaSXi

17th Aug 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming on lovely mate, what colour is the nova going to be?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glacier white Luke on silver Softstars.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Craigs Nova+Corsa - corsa update; GSI kit painted fitted and leather interior 24 database queries in 0.2099729 seconds