corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi
Nova_mike

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 11 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yeh picked up some nice spanking new rear flap's that i ordered from vaux dealer, only £17 i see them go for more second hand?? got them as one of the badges is coming off the L/H flap on the car so this should tidy it up once finished.

[Edited on 23-03-2011 by Nova_mike]
Nova_mike

23rd Mar 11 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i only got a couple of hours on the car tonight and only look's like about 5 mins work as i did a few other odd's and sod's to it,

stripped the loom right back so i could see what was what, i un twisted them then lay them out roughly where they were suposed to go then cut off the wires i did not need any more, zip tied it all in place so i ended up with this until i wrap the loom up, it will run right around the back of the bulk head so you wont see it until it reachs the sensors

1 Earth's
2 Map Sensor
3 Crank Sensor
4 Coil pack
5 This f**ker i thought was an earth but i am not so sure as it has been re crimped and i dont have a clue where it came from i am really stuck with this one now as i cant go any further until i know what it was from
6 Oxygen Sensor

when it is all wrapped again it should fit perfect and all held in place with S/S P clip's

Next was the injector loom, first off stripped it right back same as the main loom, i had to reposition several plugs due to moving the throttle body and remove some unused plug's so i end up with most of the loom under the inlet manifold unseen and then the only part that will be visible will be the injector plug's and small amount of the loom.

1 Engine speed sensor (cam)
2 Idle control valve
3 TPS
4 Knock sensor
5 injector plug's 1-4
there was another plug for the egr but that was removed.

Now these two next pic's are holding me back until i can 100% confirm what they are so i can remove them from the loom if not needed or locate where they go if are so i can position them in the loom.

1a and 1b i think i know what these are for i will just check and edit if i am correct
2 i think this was for the secondary air pump if so it can go
3 think this was for the EGR solenoid valve if so it can go too

the second pic is the worst one i really need to know what this is so i can start wrapping the loom back up sure it is an earth too but i just have a small amount of dought

For now that is it until the weekend when it should be running and ready to come back apart again, hoping to get the inlet and cam cover blasted on the weekend and powdercoated during the week some time ready to do final assembly in two weeks, im really dreading the bodywork although i have already preped the bumper, bonnet, wings, gsi skirts, arch's and rear bumper, door handles and mirrors so will just need to key up the door's rear quarters and roof as they are all straight and no damage, boot will need bit of work as small amount of rust at bottom corner of window by bottom of spoiler.
Nova_mike

31st Jul 11 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been on here all that much, but work has still been done to the car, slowly but surely bit by bit, it seems to take longer because because the goal posts keep getting moved, the car at the moment is undergoing a full respray (exterior) done properly and i have been exeedingly fussy.

quick catch up... finished doing cam cover and inlet manifold and had them powdercoated in titanium silver closest oe finish i could find, i blasted it really hard to try and get a ally cast type of finish.

Blasted

Blanked off breater & removed breather plate cleaned and refitted
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh13/nova_mike/Corsa/?action=view&current=29042011314.jpg

Finished

Then set building it back up and mocing up the loom with only the wires i need on it, so layed it out and connected everything up, then fitted my new roose hoses, they made me up a custom hose for the rad to stat as the gsi one did not fit top service there....

topped up coolant and other fluids ready for a quick fire up after 12 months of not being started... and it misfired! investigated and found it ran like a tractor only runnin on 2 lol missing on 3&4 hmmm. must of been something i had done so checked checked and double checked and found all was correct, checked the basics and all was ok. hmm swapped injectors from 3&4 to 1&2 bingo miss swapped cylinders what a bast*** i sent them off to be cleaned ect... HGL motors will be giving them a call. to moan at them, just going to source some new ones dont trust second hand shite. anyway after that set back i popped some other injectors in for now and drove it in to work to prep it for paint, there were loads of dents and stone chip's more than i noticed. I worked along side the paint sprayer for two and a half day's two 10 hour day's and a 5 hour half day!! anyway after 50 hours worth of work between the two of us here is how it went.....

I have no real daylight pics yet but the finish is top class out the gun finish sorry for poor phone pic's it does not even come close to seeing it in the flesh outdoors....

got few more bits but will add them as i go that post has tierd me out now.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coming along great mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Mark.W

31st Jul 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good.

Paint job looks smoooottthhhhhh
Nova_mike

1st Aug 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads im really happy with how its come out, i still have bits left to get painted front and rear bumpers, arch's, skirts, fuel flap, door handles, wing mirrors, tailgate an spoiler + various other bit's im holding out until i have everything ready to paint as it will all be done in one hit.

Need a new screen as old one was all scratched and stone chiped, also there was a leak in top corner where it had been poorly replaced before, not serious but was a leak none the less, lucky i decided to take it out as it had started to rust where they had scratched the paint off removing the screen! all sorted now tho.
Nova_mike

1st Aug 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new set of mats from vaux for when its back together.

Saw these and loved them, thought they would go pretty well once its finished

Nova_mike

21st Dec 17 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well don't know if many people use the forum much but dug the corsa out a couple weeks ago to make some head way

[Edited on 22-12-2017 by Nova_mike]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

22nd Dec 17 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 years Mike! lol taking nearly as long as i spent on my XE Corsa

not gonna lie Mike...im not a huge fan of the wheels, just dont seem right :/
Nova_mike

30th Dec 17 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol yeh been a little while but just been busy with other things...

They are the only wheels I had that fitted, I kind of like them but again my favourite colour is prob different to yours too &#128522;

I don't really want to spend any money on her as will be up for sale next week.

Already spent to much &#128514;&#128514;

Chris x

4th Jan 18 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much?
Nova_mike

4th Jan 18 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi buddy not really sure to be honest it does not look like it but I have sank around 5k in to it over time &#128561;

Guessing about the 2500 mark maybe 2250, structurally it's pretty spot on obviously body work is good lol.

Got it all running over last weekend and engine bay all back together, loom all re wrapped just few more bits.

Will get some more pics this weekend as I finish it off but it's not far off finished couple more hours.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Clean corsa sport redressed as a Gsi 24 database queries in 0.0156188 seconds