corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Luke's black SXi : 9.4.2013 - Change of plans.

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luke's black SXi : 9.4.2013 - Change of plans.
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
So its a bag of shit now...

Get a job

I have a job, cheapest 1 won't let me pay monthly. And im going to an IT academy soon and i will only get apprenticeship wage >.<

Cheapest 1 so far is £2800.
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Aug 11 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kieran
Well done on passing bud!

Can't put mum as a named driver?

No mate, she's never had her own insurance, always been on my dads
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That quote is crazy!!

What about dad?
AlexW

23rd Aug 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you aren't just looking online?!!!

Ring places, When your paying 2k or more you can easily get money off.
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Aug 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That quote is crazy!!

What about dad?

Put my dad on got it to 2717.

And Alex, im gonna ring Flux tomorrow and ask if they can knock me owt off, on the flux website it doesn't ask for pass plus or anything
AlexW

23rd Aug 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring t hem up, Deffo put your dad on it if hes got a reasonable amount of NCB and not more than 3 points.

Elephant I think will do it monthly and they are normally quite cheap, Otherwise just ring round a few companies and dont give up, Maybe play one company off another.

Its a lot of hassle, but if it saves a hundred quid, Worth it.

Also, Did you say at TVL if it won't be less than 2k you cant insure it? I'll be amazed if you get it that cheap.

Have you done pass plus then?
Christopher

23rd Aug 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pass plus wont affect your insurance these days mate! As instructors get to choose insurance companies arent taking any notice of it really! My insurance last year was about £1800 fully comp on my 1.0 b then i got 5 points and this year it was £6500 on my 1.2 with my parents added on and everything so i cried and cried and dad did a few quotes and came up with a £1600 on his insurance

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by Christopher]

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by Christopher]
Sean

23rd Aug 11 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pass plus does count, my mates girlfriend passed and it knocked £380 off of her quote, are you declaring all your mods?
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Christopher

23rd Aug 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well rob did it and he told his insurance company and they went "and" and last month in the news it said insurance companies were turning a blind eye to the pass plass scheme as instructers are just putting them through so insurance companies arent too bothered! Some still like it and may reduce their quote but MOST insurance companies will say it doesnt make much of a difference! Sean have you declared yours?
Sean

23rd Aug 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, have you declared yours..? it reallys get me annoyed how insurance companys can try and charge 17 year olds so much! no wonder people drive un insured nowadays its daylight fucking robbery!!!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean
no wonder people drive un insured nowadays its daylight fucking robbery!!!

Exactly mate,it's wrong. He's so down atm.

Christopher

23rd Aug 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its fucking stupid! Ermmm well i have no modifications to declare Dont get down about it luke mate! Search and search and phone EVERY insurance company that is fairly cheap on your quotes mate i garantee you get one lucky quote like i have twice

Sean what time are we meeting daz tomo and where?
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried a company where you have the tracker box thing fitted luke? My mate just passed and insured his corsa b sxi for less than a grand! 17 0 ncb

edit: actually just thought they might be a bit funny when they fit it if your arent declaring the mods

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by shaunmods]
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Aug 11 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Tried a company where you have the tracker box thing fitted luke? My mate just passed and insured his corsa b sxi for less than a grand! 17 0 ncb

edit: actually just thought they might be a bit funny when they fit it if your arent declaring the mods

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by shaunmods]

Thats the reason i didnt go for it mate haha, cheers for the thought though ;D
LukesCorsaSXi

23rd Aug 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Ring t hem up, Deffo put your dad on it if hes got a reasonable amount of NCB and not more than 3 points.

Elephant I think will do it monthly and they are normally quite cheap, Otherwise just ring round a few companies and dont give up, Maybe play one company off another.

Its a lot of hassle, but if it saves a hundred quid, Worth it.

Also, Did you say at TVL if it won't be less than 2k you cant insure it? I'll be amazed if you get it that cheap.

Have you done pass plus then?

I dont understand though, my mate who has a 2010 plate polo, his own insurance just got it for 1900. My cheapest so far is 2700 with Flux, but gonna ring em tomorrow, and nah i havent done pass plus yet, and my car might be there if i can insure it! and i cant go on my dads because he has his no claims on his own car?
AlexW

23rd Aug 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The more money you have to buy a car, the cheaper it is to insure, If you could afford a mint classic mini or morris minor you could insure it for 1k!
Same with new cars as per your mate, Even a Corsa C is cheaper to insure than a B as its slightly newer.

If he has 0NCB He might not be the best person, Tried dan on it? Have a proper play around online, It will take ages but hey ho.
Also try stuff like saying its parked on the road etc etc, Also play with miles etc.

Those tracker things, The fitter of will get a sheet of paper to fill in with any mods on the car and or any damage or anything else the insurance might want. I know as my brother fits them.

Edit: Wouldn't bother doing pass plus unless its more than £100 cheaper, Most don't care as said though.

[Edited on 23-08-2011 by AW06]
Sean

23rd Aug 11 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
no wonder people drive un insured nowadays its daylight fucking robbery!!!

Exactly mate,it's wrong. He's so down atm.

i was the same when i passed mate, was in a right shit mood for ages until i could insure it for a reasonable ammount of money
andys sxi
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LukesCorsaSXi
quote:
Well done on passing bud!

Can't put mum as a named driver?

No mate, she's never had her own insurance, always been on my dads

you mum doesnt have to have her own insurance to be a named driver on yours, just add her on to a quote and see what happens

April 08 feature car
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ good point. Also for named drivers they usually dont even ask about NCB, only how long they have held their licence so they could help to bring it down a bit
LukesCorsaSXi

24th Aug 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Added my mum, added 6 grand lol. Cheapest i can get atm is 2.8 with Flux with my dad on. :/ Gonna ring em in a sec.
andys sxi
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 15:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the first year, try putting it in your dads name you as a named driver and try and go with a company that the named drivers earn there own no claims then after a year start on your own

April 08 feature car
moffat

24th Aug 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was 1300 in my 1st year on a 1.2 nova with quinn, now its about 1600 for my 1.4 corsa cause i crashed in the 1st year, 19 and no ncb.....

good luck with finising it cheaper than 2k bud
SeanXE

24th Aug 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When are you 18 luke? If its not long, i know you dont want too but could be worth waiting till then Made a difference for someone down my way
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
When are you 18 luke? If its not long, i know you dont want too but could be worth waiting till then Made a difference for someone down my way

December bud. :]

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Luke's black SXi : 9.4.2013 - Change of plans. 24 database queries in 0.2100668 seconds