corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 240bhp Fabia vRS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 240bhp Fabia vRS
John

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gareth F

Im now looking for a new set of tyres for mine, dont realise how easy it munches through tthem in the wet

That's your driving, nothing to do with it munching through tyres.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Feb 11 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are they really that fast, i don't seem to believe the diesel figures, its just doesn't seem the same like having 300bhp at 7000rpm in a petrol engine.

do you notice a difference from 200lb/ft instead of 300lb/ft, is it 50% better?
A2H GO

23rd Feb 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
are they really that fast, i don't seem to believe the diesel figures, its just doesn't seem the same like having 300bhp at 7000rpm in a petrol engine.

do you notice a difference from 200lb/ft instead of 300lb/ft, is it 50% better?

My 200bhp/300lb/ft diesel Astra never felt as quick as it was which made it a boring car to drive IMO.
John

23rd Feb 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My astra was never as quick as they were made out to be, I'd say the mapped VAG's are faster.
whitter45

23rd Feb 11 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
My astra was never as quick as they were made out to be, I'd say the mapped VAG's are faster.

PD vags feel faster because of how they deliver power and even pre CR TDi engines are the same

My mates A3 170 TDi alwasy felt quicker than my BMW 120D as the TDI delivery was not as smooth as the BMW

However in reality the BMW was a fair bit quicker

Now VAG use CR

[Edited on 23-02-2011 by whitter45]

[Edited on 23-02-2011 by whitter45]
Warren G

23rd Feb 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with my astra, didnt feel THAT quick, but would sit with 'performance petrol' cars no problem

feeling quick isnt always quick.... as proved above
John

23rd Feb 11 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mapped Fabia/Ibiza is easily as quick a clio and they are the fastest thing in the world.
Fad

23rd Feb 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

I drove Warren's mapped Astra and initially it didnt feel quick until you saw the speedo. It was deffo quicker than my mapped PD140 and my mates mapped VRS. Also the Vauxhall common rail engine is so much smoother.

I remember his Astra being almost as quicker as a semi tuned Cooper S from a rolling start
John

23rd Feb 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't slow, it was only a box as well so warrens would have been at least slightly faster, it just wasn't as fast as AON made them out to be.

Really good all round car though, it was quick enough, that wasn't why I got rid of mine.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 240bhp Fabia vRS 22 database queries in 0.0134871 seconds