corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 240bhp Fabia vRS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 240bhp Fabia vRS
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
21st Feb 11 at 03:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For anyone interested and not following my cars build thread I thought I'd share my results from today...

It made 240.1bhp with 321.2ft/lb which I'm really happy with. I do still think that the torque reading is low though, when we had Briskoda's rolling road day all the diesels were making low torque (mine made only slightly more than standard) but overall I'm happy. I had a little play with a TDI Cupra that made 243bhp and 332ft/lb and I think I was slightly pulling on him so really can't complain with how the car drives etc...

Here's a YouTube video of the run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IizyjwLgB0Y

Performance mods:
Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 Hybrid PD150 (MD376)
Milltek (Turbo Back) Exhaust System
PD160 Air Intake
Pipercross Panel Filter
Seat Sport Front Mount Intercooler
Helix Organic Clutch
Helix Single Mass Flywheel
Allard EGR Delete
R32 Mass Airflow Sensor
Richard Washbrook Remap

It's surprising that a lot of people still don't know what they are, I suppose because it's rare to see them on the road (I kind of like that though) etc... They're a really underrated car and tend to surprise a lot of people who don't expect a Skoda diesel to be overtaking them.

But yeah just thought I'd show you the graph/run as I'm chuffed with the figures.
dannymccann

21st Feb 11 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That must go like shit off a shovel, the 150cdti astras are supposed to be fecking quick but I guess this weighs less and has oodles more power

Shouldn't ask but does it still get standard mpg when driven normally??
Simon_16v

21st Feb 11 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is nice mate but i just think that for all the money you have put into it you have only made 40bhp & 21lb/ft more than a remapped Ibiza cupra?
JM_16v

21st Feb 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good car i do love these!

friends got a Ibiza Tdi pd 130 running 250bhp with 400 ftlb awesome cars but i prefer the fabias of the 2
adiohead

21st Feb 11 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great car and nice results
Warren G

21st Feb 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick car

be interesting to see it in the dry tbh!
mattk

21st Feb 11 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toque does seem low, mine made 316 at only 190 bhp
Warren G

21st Feb 11 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not standard torque luke, stage one takes them to 300lbft to be 'clutch friendly'

antnee

21st Feb 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Simon- Having driven and been around a fair few mapped ibizas and stage 3's, the stage 3 is completely different to drive, first 4 gears seem way to short!

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v

friends got a Ibiza Tdi pd 130 running 250bhp with 400 ftlb awesome cars but i prefer the fabias of the 2

What colour is this ibiza?
JM_16v

21st Feb 11 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Simon- Having driven and been around a fair few mapped ibizas and stage 3's, the stage 3 is completely different to drive, first 4 gears seem way to short!

quote:

Simon_16v

21st Feb 11 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:

Im not saying anything about the stages etc but iirc he has spent around £4000 to gain an extra 40bhp & 21lb/ft. Just doesnt seem to be good BHP per £ if you get me. I still think the only good ways fer dervs is a simple remap as it seems to get costly after that to squeeze power out of them
big eck

21st Feb 11 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll be fuckin quick on the road mate. Nice results.
chrisritch

21st Feb 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

needs a detail tbh
JM_16v

21st Feb 11 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
quote:

quote:

Im not saying anything about the stages etc but iirc he has spent around £4000 to gain an extra 40bhp & 21lb/ft. Just doesnt seem to be good BHP per £ if you get me. I still think the only good ways fer dervs is a simple remap as it seems to get costly after that to squeeze power out of them

unaware of the later ones but the PD130s were 130bhp so thats another 120bhp so im confused
Dom

21st Feb 11 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
needs a detail tbh

Agree with this; looks good but it really needs a decent detail to refine it.....
AndyCorsaSport

21st Feb 11 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

unaware of the later ones but the PD130s were 130bhp so thats another 120bhp so im confused

They are 130 so it has gained 110 bhp.
Simon_16v

21st Feb 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well for a decent stage one map it takes them roughly to around 170bhp and 300lb/ft of torque. Alot of money for 70bhp still imo
gez bay

21st Feb 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

70bhp is hell of alot!
Wrighty

21st Feb 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you find the noise from the helix flywheel mate, honestly? any vids of yours ticking over?
Mertin

21st Feb 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see what simons saying, £350 gets you 170bhp and 300lbft (if you want it)
So for £3650 (roughly) its gained 70bhp and 20lbft

For these engines and most diesel engines the best £/per bhp is a remap and small mods. After that it gets expensive with clutches, intercoolers and exhausts and
more mapping

Thats just my opinion, think im just sticking with stage 1 rather than it turning into a money pit cause at the end of the day its a diesel. If I wanted to tune a car id rather save my money and do it on a petrol for a better drivig experience
xa0s
Banned

21st Feb 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
how do you find the noise from the helix flywheel mate, honestly? any vids of yours ticking over?

It's funny to be honest, roll up past people and let off the clutch and they all look as if the car is fucked and so on. You get used to it very quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z8Vmo-s1TY

quote:
Ok well for a decent stage one map it takes them roughly to around 170bhp and 300lb/ft of torque. Alot of money for 70bhp still imo

It doesn't have to be expensive though. You can buy a 2nd hand turbo for around £500, labour and map is around £300 (less if you fit it yourself), £500 for decent FMIC... If the clutch slips then a £500 Sachs clutch but my mate has a standard one with 210bhp at the moment. I went a bit overkill but mainly because I ain't selling it for a while and want to keep squeezing more power out of it.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
needs a detail tbh

Rich H is doing it at the start of March.

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
Its not standard torque luke, stage one takes them to 300lbft to be 'clutch friendly'

Before the proper map it made 269ft/lb.

Oh and if you watch the video, watch bottom left of the screen at 3-7 seconds... I think I captured a mouse.
antnee

21st Feb 11 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One with a hybrid turbo on is completely different to a mapped version. You usually need around 300bhp to get past a hybrid tubro in a petrol car

Also torque should be over 350, around 380, so from standard figures, its a 110bhp and 150lb/ft for 4k, I don't think there are many other cars which you can get those sorts of figures for that money
Ste Muf

21st Feb 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You sound like antnee
Badgersport

21st Feb 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice car. Torque seems a little on the low side. I am getting my hybrid ibiza mapped up in the next few weeks so would be nice to see how the figures differ.

Mine made 187bhp and 312lbft torque on a rolling road not long bk. Stg1 mapped.

Ste

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by Badgersport]
xa0s
Banned

21st Feb 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Badgersport
Very nice car. Torque seems a little on the low side. I am getting my hybrid ibiza mapped up in the next few weeks so would be nice to see how the figures differ.

Mine made 187bhp and 312lbft torque on a rolling road not long bk. Stg1 mapped.

Ste

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by Badgersport]

I really want to race another hybrid PD with high torque to see how they differ. I was pulling on a TDI Cupra that made 243bhp and 332ft/lb on the same rollers yesterday.

[Edited on 21-02-2011 by xa0s]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 240bhp Fabia vRS 22 database queries in 0.0963800 seconds