corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a bit of a bump

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a bit of a bump
A2H GO

User status: Offline
17th Feb 11 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
oon a 50:50 claim if you dont have your car fixed then are liable as a claim and do you have to pay your excess surely your insurance company would fix yours and hers would fix hers in a 50:50

Don't realy understand that mate.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Adam-D
isnt it private land?

Yes it is private land, if thats what a pub car park is classed as, does that make a difference?

No, as it's still land that is open for the general public to access.
A2H GO

17th Feb 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I go through insurance and its delcared knock for knock and I say i'll fix my car myself, is that still classed as a claim and do I still loose my NCB?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If I go through insurance and its delcared knock for knock and I say i'll fix my car myself, is that still classed as a claim and do I still loose my NCB?

50:50

Your excess fixes your car
Her excess her car

You dont claim your NCB is fine.
A2H GO

17th Feb 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:

50:50

Your excess fixes your car
Her excess her car

You dont claim your NCB is fine.

I've been quoted £100 to fix my car. Shes been quoted £300. My excess is £600, so it it works out cheaper for me to pay to fix both.
A2H GO

17th Feb 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all getting very messy. She's let me know that shes informed her insurance company of the incident for information purporses only incase I decide I don't want to pay.

This afternoon her insurance company have just called my mobile to ask for my insurance details in relation to a claim, they even told me the claim refference number. I told them we'd agree'd the insurance wouldn't be involved and they said they would contact her and if thats the case close the claim.
Bueno

17th Feb 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go see her and give her the money and make her write on paper that shes happy not to go through insurance due to you paying body shop bills, pay £300 make her sign it.

That might work?
A2H GO

17th Feb 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bueno
Just go see her and give her the money and make her write on paper that shes happy not to go through insurance due to you paying body shop bills, pay £300 make her sign it.

That might work?

Have thought about that. How useful would a peice of paper be with her signature though should she still decide to go through the insurance after.
Ad Blue B

17th Feb 11 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if she signs something saying that money has exchanged hands and then tries to claim take it to court as you've already paid...
A2H GO

17th Feb 11 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolio, I'll give the bitch a bell tonight, offer her £300 and tell her to wind her neck in.
Toby
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's what I meant
craig8
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to go tits up for you the way its looking, allow her to claim your insurance if needs be, but dont claim it for your repair and you wont pay your excess

it will however put you insurance up next year

edit - NCB im not sure about as i didnt have any when i had a similar situation, but if your not claiming for the repair of your car then i dont think you will lose it

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by craig8]

E36 328
deneven

17th Feb 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you aren't claiming for your car, it should go 50/50 your insurance wont be classed as a claim if you fix it yourself.

Even though you admitted by word it was your fault, doesn't mean you cant change your decision. You were in shock and wet yourself, didn't know what to think and felt pity for the woman in question.

Don't just go giving her £300 cash, she will blatently not get her car fixed (Obviously the outcome she wants). Threaten with court and see how she reacts.

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by deneven]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Feb 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just offer her £100 to forget about it...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
A2H GO

18th Feb 11 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deneven
As you aren't claiming for your car, it should go 50/50 your insurance wont be classed as a claim if you fix it yourself.

Even though you admitted by word it was your fault, doesn't mean you cant change your decision. You were in shock and wet yourself, didn't know what to think and felt pity for the woman in question.

Don't just go giving her £300 cash, she will blatently not get her car fixed (Obviously the outcome she wants). Threaten with court and see how she reacts.

[Edited on 17-02-2011 by deneven]

Cheers man, i'll speak to my insurance about it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a bit of a bump 23 database queries in 0.0134161 seconds