corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Next payment of my student loan in a few hours

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next payment of my student loan in a few hours
Ojc

User status: Offline
1st Apr 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
quote:
Originally posted by Andy
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Please do not come on here gloating about spending my hard earnt cash which is taken away from me through tax so that you can have a set of 17's and a lowering kit.

Well said that man!

Yeah and I second that too! I'm a student too-but I don't have a student loan and I pay my OWN tuition fees because I also work full time

JILL

You are the sort of student that I could get along with, you live in the real world.

Round of applause
Fad

1st Apr 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i dont spend all mi student loan on my car as i pay my own fees

and secondly i have to keep my car on the road as it helps me get to uni so i dun waste it all on my car

Demo

1st Apr 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

none of mine goes on my car. thats what i got my job for. my loan pays for my fees and thats about it. doesnt really stretch that far when you think about it
Fad

1st Apr 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same ere i work mi a$$ off on weekends shit money and always poor :Lol: ah such is life
bobothebear

1st Apr 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You shouldn't be having a go at us students who have got huge debts from student loans just cos we have to pay rent and Fees.
Have a go at the bastards 5 years ago who didnt pay any Tuition fees and got a nice full grant of £3k a year.
They are the people who have taken your taxes.
Also if a student can manage to have a full time job as well as learning then they must be taking a knitting course cos there is no way you cope with the workload I got.
Andy

1st Apr 03 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one begrudges students geting financial assistance to help them complete their studies. It's so-called 'students' who get grants and loans for their car modding all paid for by hard-working tax payers that p1sses us off.
Joff

1st Apr 03 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I have no problems with students getting loans. I have been in that situation, however I didn't get a grant - they were stopped the year I started University and I'm now paying back my 12k debt.

Ojc

1st Apr 03 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only people that deserve these, grant/loans are the people that want to become lawyers/doctors/teachers etc etc etc
-Aliba-

1st Apr 03 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Ojc, i'm doing an Hons degree in Accountancy for 4 years at uni, then i do exams for 2 or 3 years following to join the ICAS (Institute of Chartered Accountants for Scotland). I do try n work, i do grab myself some business to make dosh, and i am waiting on a reply from a job. So for folks that are at uni 5 days a week and have to travel to uni, how are these folks able to pay for fees etc?? This is SCOTLAND's generosity to the road to learn, not ingurlands or wales for that matter.

These loans get paid back at something like 10% of every pound you earn OVER £10,000. So if i start on £20,000 - I pay back £1000 that year etc etc etc....

My use of these loans are not doing no harm to nobody, it HELPS the economy. Every pound that i spend is then spent over and over and over by others.

Oh, and just a wee fact that will probably cause more arguements:

Graduates over a lifetime earn on average £400,000 MORE than others.
Tom

1st Apr 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grads earn that much more??? So whats the point of that really?

I know alot of poeple who have not been to uni who have progressed well in there jobs, and many others who have not gone to uni and run successful businesses, university is not the be all and end all...

I started working with a large company 2 1/2 years ago as a youth trainee as i do not like academic studies and would rather be placed in a working environment to learn, i have in 2 years from getting taken on full time doubles my wage from £8k to nearly £16k.

You students need to get your head out of the clouds i'm sorry but studying in ini with you 15 hours study per week (some exceptions) with your nice £XXX 0% Interest loans and all your chums around you does not make you any better than me....

[Edited on 01-04-2003 by Tom D]
Tom

1st Apr 03 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But at least you can probably spell
buffcore_laney

1st Apr 03 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or you could do what I'm doing.

Put the £9k into a high interest account and pay it all back when you need to.

Everyones happy that way. Apart from the bank manager, who has to give me shit loads of interest. I worked out that I'd get about £600 for doing fuck all
bobothebear

1st Apr 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sister put £3k of hers into a PEP and the bastard thing doubled in 1 year. that then bought her car for her.
I gave my Dad £3k of mine which he also put into a PEP and he got £600 back from that in 1 year.
someone

1st Apr 03 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I is doing the same high intrest account
with 5 years at uni that equals a lotta profit
Kris TD

1st Apr 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get my next loan for 4 weeks, u jammy bar steward.
Thoday

1st Apr 03 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get £1100 very soon! car goes in2 bodyshop and out it comes good as new!!

repayments range from £20-£100 per month dependin on ur incomes

and i stil pay tax!

£11,000 uni debt, for all the fun iv had, drunk sex etc, brought 2 cars with it, modded and modding them..

much cheaper then a real loan! pmsl!
Ojc

1st Apr 03 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather get a job and earn my money.
Kris TD

1st Apr 03 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant afford to live on my loan, let alone mod my car with it, work my arse off so i can do that.
RichR
Premium Member

1st Apr 03 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OJC u seem to be confusing loans and grants, loans are repayed to the Student loans company, a business et up to give out loans and collect them back as a bank would od, fair enough if they charge a reduced rate of interest in order to meerly cover the cost of inflation, but they do not come entirely from the tax payers pocket. The SLC is a business and as such operates in order to make profit, or at leats break even.

Grants howver have been abolished, these are the hand outs given to students which were no repayable, and simply given out in order to produce a fairer university society, ie the rich funded themselves and the poor got more financial backing

therefore ur argument that it comes out of ur pocket is not valid as grants, ( in England neway) do not exist.

how do u feel about less wealthy parents being given grants to get childcare, while they go to work? they are not repayable and as such do come out of "your back pocket"

Students as with everyone else, pay VAT and other taxes (road tax, N.I. on wages earned etc) so even if they were receiving money from the government to be fair they are probably funding themselves
Thoday

1st Apr 03 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work to, at least 20 hours per week, just to top it off, building up my savings account again. so end uni with no overdraft, an £11k debt, i decent lookin car and my savings still in tact
RichR
Premium Member

1st Apr 03 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work during holidays such as xmas/summer/easter, usually work 3 jobs and 7 days a week to fund my car and other non essential things, student loan goes on living expenses such as food house etc and I get a bit off mum and dad each month to top this up, average essential costs per year while at uni now are £6500-£7500, I get less than £3000 a year loan and the rest costs me from my own pocket, if it wasnt for the help off parents and loan, I couldnt afford to go to uni in the first place.
Thoday

1st Apr 03 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this now a petition for increasing student loans? even better return GRANTS!¬
RichR
Premium Member

1st Apr 03 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no grants dont need returning, I dont understand these people who take out hardship loans etc, the way I see it if u havnt got it dont spend it, Ive got no overdraft at all, no credit card and I only spend when I have the money to. Grants are a joke and cause grief like is going on in here, at least with a loan, u are responsible for repaying it, eventually

and if u want more £s work for it

[Edited on 01-04-2003 by LiVe LeE]
Thoday

1st Apr 03 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too right...
-Aliba-

1st Apr 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In scotland, this grant thingy is known as a bursary. It is dependent on your parents income. Which i suppose is fair if everybodys parents supported their kids the same way, however this is far from it. I know a boy who receives £3000 a year of a bursary (non-repayable) and i get a pishy £201 a year!! And i am not under any great financial support from my parents!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Next payment of my student loan in a few hours 22 database queries in 0.1051588 seconds