corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cossie fpr

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cossie fpr
AK

User status: Offline
30th Nov 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c20kenny
just read on a tuning page that the injectors i have are more than fine for the LET and are better than than saab reds as they flow 440cc @ less than 3 bar were as the reds flow 359cc @ 3.5 bar so thats one thing elimenated.

NO NO NO

Just because you have BIG injectors doesnt mean its fine. If the ECU thinks they are standard 300cc injectors you engine is going to be over fueling bit time

Someone mentioned earlier that the map you are running is suitable for standard injectors...

I'm not an expert with vaux/let's but I'm pretty sure just firing in larger injectors isnt going to work.
AK

30th Nov 10 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look here - http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/fuelling_20LET.htm

quote:
Another make of injectors I've tried is the Lucas #5208009. (new name: 01D030B)

Physical dimensions are almost identical to the stock LET yellows, and the impedance is 1.5 Ohms higher, so the Motronic shouldn't complain too much before it adapts.

Their flow is rated at 440cc, nearly 45% more than stock. That gives enough fuel for over 300bhp without raising the fuel pressure and without stressing the fuel pump any more. Actually if you're still running the stock turbo you may find that you need to lower the fuel pressure to avoid overfuelling at full throttle (see table above)

Compare that to the extra 22% gained by driving the yellows at 4.5 bar!

is that them?
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah there the ones. and thats the link i used. it says on there that ''after a couple of stop/starts the motronic starts to adapt to the new injectors'' something to do with the closed loop learning functions. And as i got the engine with them in and all the ecu and everything with it. I would be pritty sure that the ecu has got used to them by now.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by c20kenny]
AK

1st Dec 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the car fine when you bought it? If so what is making you think you need a new FPR?

Have you done the basics? i.e serviced it well?

New Plugs - gapped correctly, and correct grade.
New airfilter or clean filter.
Cleaned AFM (do they have an AFM or MAP sensor?)
Cleaned ICV and TB - wont be this but good to clean from time to time anyway.

I still think if all the above are fine you NEED to spend £50 on checking the fueling if you have any doubts at all.

Also - I'd take ECU learning with a pinch of salt
Nic Barnes

1st Dec 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ecu surely won't learn itself 100cc larger injectors.
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea it was fine when i first converted it.But then seen on here that the fse's are a load of crap. So i got a weber one from a sierra cossworth thats why i asked what pressure there are and if i would need to change it. I will take the engine out over the winter and get it all cleaned up.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by c20kenny]
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just says that it adapts to them as part of a closed loop learning function. just like it dose with the saab reds.
AK

1st Dec 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine out?

You dont need to take the engine out to service it

Are you willing to try anything... or just hope it'll fix itself?

If you think its the FPR, change it.... but how will you know what your fueling it like.... you'll need to get a wideband up the exhaust. So.... you're back to square one.

TAKE IT TO A ROLLING ROAD FOR A POWE RUN - ONCE YOU HAVE SERVICED IT AND CLEANED AFM etc.

AK

1st Dec 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it just says that it adapts to them as part of a closed loop learning function. just like it dose with the saab reds.

The sab reds are much more similar to the let yellows though. The injectors you have are 140cc biger and have different timing characteristics.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by AK]
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the shell is rotten any way so it needs to come back out and it gives me more space to do it.

yes i'm willing to try anything as long as money allows me to.

thats what i will do once the shell is finished and i clean everything up.
AK

1st Dec 10 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... why not get it working now so your not just transplanting a problem? then reshell it knowing that it will be fine :S

6 and half a dozen i suppose.
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so were would you suggest to start?

just lke the little list you put in the earlyer post.
Rupean

1st Dec 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you running the standard fuel pump still or uprated one?
c20kenny

1st Dec 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a standard 16v one as there ment to be ok for a while looking to go for a walbro one at some point
AK

1st Dec 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simply by taking it to a rolling road to check the fueling if you think thats whats wrong. This is not that expensive.... and at least they will be able to tell you if the fueling is lean/rich pretty quickly. If the fueling is fine they might also suggest what else could be wrong.

I'd do the things I've said though.... all at the same time! Service it (oil, filters, plugs) and a general clean of sensors. Then a futher step would be things like coil / leads etc

I still dont think those injectors are ideal for the ECU but if you say it was running fine before then it should be ok.

If the car is stuttering/misfireing underload though it does sound like plugs to me.

Running lean - you'd prob have killed the engine by now (by the sounds of it).

Running rich - it will bog down and smoke/pop & bang.
Rupean

1st Dec 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just a standard 16v one as there ment to be ok for a while looking to go for a walbro one at some point

id say its the pump, mine use too kill the standard ones easy when i had a c20let, i had 3 standard ones in 2 months, fitted a walbro and never had a prob again.

best thing to do is get a fuel pressure gauge and see whats happening to the pressure when ur driving, if it drops when comes on boost then the pumps ur problem.

[Edited on 01-12-2010 by Rupean]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » cossie fpr 22 database queries in 0.0097749 seconds