corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wilwood 4-Pot Calipers. good price???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wilwood 4-Pot Calipers. good price???
BeArDy

User status: Offline
29th Mar 03 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

140 GBP each....?
or
469GPB for the set of 2 and disc and pads

285x21

OR

Buy some V6 calipers disc and pads of MIG for 200

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by BeArDy]
kro

29th Mar 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
140 GBP each....?
or
469GPB for the set of 2 and disc and pads

285x21

OR

Buy some V6 calipers disc and pads of MIG for 200

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by BeArDy]

go for the v6..unles u are planning to push big power...then i would suggest the 4-pot willwood

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by kro]
Andy

29th Mar 03 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wilwoods. The V6 discs and calipers have a crap feel - the Corsa master cylinder is not really up to the job of driving those pistons. In any case, they're just single floating pistons, without the clamping power of a 4-pot. You'll also save about 8kgs of unsprung weight if you go for the Wilwoods compared to V6. I've got a set of Wilwoods sitting here on my desk and they're beautifully engineered - look so good you won't want to put them on the car! They're going on next week...
BeArDy

29th Mar 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much u pay andy?, so is that a good price? and what i do about Master cylinder?
Andy

29th Mar 03 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the Midilite Callipers (drop-forged and now dust-sealed ), 285x24mm discs, all the fitting brackets and braided hoses plus pads for £490 plus the dreaded VAT - so yes, it seems like a fair price to me. The master cylinder can be uprated (think people like TAS and Pro-Tec do the kit) but it's not cheap. Hower I gave Rally Design the dimensions of the standard GSi piston size, and they supplied the 4-pots to match (apparently they come with different piston sizes). I can only comment of pedal feel once I've got them in, but there's no doubt it'll be a big improvement over the V6 setup.
Adam

29th Mar 03 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get willwood, go for AP Racing, willwoods are very low quality
Scott

29th Mar 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

imo id go for brembo
Daimo B

29th Mar 03 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go between the two above

AP Racing or Brembo

Brembo is cheaper, very good brakes. AP Racing if you can afford them as their a lot of £££

Wilwoods are not very good calipers i've heard by a lot of people. Something to do with the pistons being exposed and can get dirty and clogged up.

Brembo is expensive, AP is, but another good caliper make thats quite cheap called Hi-Spec are coming up. Their main office is in Dartford. Got a cataloge. MMMmmmmmmm some nice brakes and i've heard people rave about them. And the pistons have seales to keep em clean and flowing. Adam Kindness has some and i think he rates em too. Lot of em coming out on quick cars. I want em but cant afford them at the mo cos of ice. 300-310mm (Can't remember) calipers, brackets and all the normal shit, comes ot about £400-£450 odd.

Nice looking too

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by Daimo B]
Colin.S

29th Mar 03 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What like these??

325 x 30
CORSA NUT

29th Mar 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice wheels too
Colin.S

29th Mar 03 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness

Colin - what the hell do you have under the bonnet if you have 325mm brakes

Same as you mate
Colin.S

29th Mar 03 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just went a little over the top @ pvd one day.
Colin.S

29th Mar 03 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah.....and i've got a rear disk conversion going on monday/tuesday

[Edited on 30-03-2003 by Colin.S]
Andy

30th Mar 03 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
Id go between the two above

AP Racing or Brembo

Brembo is cheaper, very good brakes. AP Racing if you can afford them as their a lot of £££

Wilwoods are not very good calipers i've heard by a lot of people. Something to do with the pistons being exposed and can get dirty and clogged up.

Brembo is expensive, AP is, but another good caliper make thats quite cheap called Hi-Spec are coming up. Their main office is in Dartford. Got a cataloge. MMMmmmmmmm some nice brakes and i've heard people rave about them. And the pistons have seales to keep em clean and flowing. Adam Kindness has some and i think he rates em too. Lot of em coming out on quick cars. I want em but cant afford them at the mo cos of ice. 300-310mm (Can't remember) calipers, brackets and all the normal shit, comes ot about £400-£450 odd.

Nice looking too

[Edited on 29-03-2003 by Daimo B]

AP Racing brake kits are great - providing you've got £1600 to hand over that is.

Daimo - the Wilwood Midilite callipers are fully dust sealed (unlike some earlier models) and I can assure you, they're not crap quality - I have a pair sitting here in front of me!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wilwood 4-Pot Calipers. good price??? 23 database queries in 0.0136209 seconds