corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts.
Corsa_Scotty

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black carpet and seats needed now
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old 12v was Envoy spec and even that had an MFD and glove box It's crazy to think that they wouldn't leave the glove box and MFD off the base spec Corsa D, yet look back 10-15 years...

Leave the wheels silver imo mate, they'll look smarter with a nice new coat of paint on. What size are the tyres? They look massive.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Jamie-C

25th Oct 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is a trip Its weird though, was looking on eBay there and every other trip seems to have an MFD and a glove box Amazing how times have moved on isn't it, every new car seems to have a glovebox now

I'm still undecided tbh but I think I'm warming to the silver more. The tyres are quite big 195/55's, I'll be lowering it soon since our tools arrived today (about bloody time) so if it doesn't rub once lowered I'll be keeping the balloons until I need new tyres
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Oct 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, some have PAS too

Ahh, thought they looked a bit big. It woudl be a good idea to get some 195/45's even if they're just budgets, as the speedo will be out with the 55 profiles on and going by how huge they look they will quite possibly rub

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Jamie-C

25th Oct 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't care if my speedos out tbh, I'll get it lowered and see if it rubs, if it doesn't they'll stay, if it does I'll buy some elastic bands
Jamie-C

27th Oct 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a couple of bits of MarkSport on here, took no time on getting here, top bloke

Went out and fitted the bits straight away,

GM wind deflectors, think I need to glue these in though as there a bit loose when the window is down.

And a Tigra coin tray

Started spraying my shock absorbers today so all being well I'll be fitting them this weekend
MarkSport

27th Oct 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad they arrived ok mate

I used double sided tape on them on mine as little pikeys in the street thought they could nick them.
Piér

27th Oct 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are you lowering it mate?
Ive got 195/55's on the exact same wheels lowered 40mm all round and no rubbing and car looks really clean
corsaadzy

27th Oct 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rly wnt deflectors but like mark sed little pikeys wna nick em n mine will probs gt nicked
Jamie-C

27th Oct 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkSport
Glad they arrived ok mate

I used double sided tape on them on mine as little pikeys in the street thought they could nick them.

I'll try the double sided sticky tape and if that works I'll be happy

quote:
Originally posted by Piér
How much are you lowering it mate?
Ive got 195/55's on the exact same wheels lowered 40mm all round and no rubbing and car looks really clean

60mm I've got here mate. Its a bit touch and go whether its going to scrub or not , any pics of yours bud?

quote:
Originally posted by corsaadzy
rly wnt deflectors but like mark sed little pikeys wna nick em n mine will probs gt nicked

Yea they look good, just the risk you've got to take

Thanks for the kind comments every one
Piér

28th Oct 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a pic mate

I would love to go 60mm but it scrapes on the exhaust as it is with people in the car lots of speed bumps round here!
Let me know how it goes with the 60mm mate
Jamie-C

28th Oct 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that one, I remember doing a photoshop of it looks more than 40mm in that pic though?

Theres plenty of bumps round here as well, I counted them one time iirc there was 10 or 11 up to my door hopefully it won't be to bad.
Jamie-C

28th Oct 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad managed to get me another freebie from his work, not doing bad here for free parts

Last night he brought me home this head unit,

Its a Sendai 789, Its not the best on the market but it'll do me for now, at least I can play CD's and plug in my Ipod
Piér

28th Oct 10 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember that too come to think of it and everyone seems to say that :S its not, its on standard shocks as well so its sitting higher than it would on smaller shocks? Or is that wrong?
I've no idea!
My car came with the original tape deck and a cd player, guess which one is in there?
Jamie-C

29th Oct 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea they usually sit higher on the standard shocks. You sure there 40s? I'd say that was 60mm tbh

I'm guessing the tape deck? Yours is looking well. FFew touches and some rust removal would have it nice. Get a progress blog up
Piér

29th Oct 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already have mate! Doesn't get updated very much due to having no money

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=564704

Still trying to get some money together to get some paint for my alloys!
Im just about to hopefully buy a spoiler off here too
I hope they are 60mm, so when I get my uprated shocks it will be lower

How did you manage to find such a clean example of a corsa?
Looks so nice with no rust
Daveskater
Premium Member

29th Oct 10 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh so that's what fits in that gap between the seats Wish I had one before

at the tape slots though

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Jamie-C

29th Oct 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Already have mate! Doesn't get updated very much due to having no money

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=564704

Still trying to get some money together to get some paint for my alloys!
Im just about to hopefully buy a spoiler off here too
I hope they are 60mm, so when I get my uprated shocks it will be lower

How did you manage to find such a clean example of a corsa?
Looks so nice with no rust

Mine is the same tbh, wish I had more income to do bigger and better things
Will look much better with a spoiler, I'm looking for one but trying to find one in Silver so I don't have to pay for a paint job

Just got lucky tbh, this was the first one I went to look at as well! When I first seen it I thought no way, was covered in black overspray and looked like a dog but had a good look at it and decided it wasn't bad at all. Got it home, clayed it, polished and waxed, come up mint Only damage that needs sorted is the ding on the drivers door, bonnet is starting to go underneath, other than that s'all good

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Ahh so that's what fits in that gap between the seats Wish I had one before

at the tape slots though

Yea I haven't glued it in yet, undecided on it Can't seem to get them white bits out of the corners and there annoying me

Tape slots? There slots for your coins

Todays attempted mod was to fit some rev counter clocks my dad got me. Pulled the kick panel of where the ECU should be to look for the green wire, no ECU was there, no green wire was there

Anyone know where the green wire is on these?
Piér

29th Oct 10 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I did find one in brocade yellow but got completely let down which was shit but I want a spoiler so badly that I went for a black one, might fit it black and see how it looks and if it looks shit save up to get it sprayed!
I hope you got some money off because of the bad paintwork
I would love to go and see a car and get money off just because of the paint that you know its an easy fix
It looks lovely though
What colour you doing the wheels?
Mine are going white once I can afford it :S
Jamie-C

30th Oct 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I did find one in brocade yellow but got completely let down which was shit but I want a spoiler so badly that I went for a black one, might fit it black and see how it looks and if it looks shit save up to get it sprayed!
I hope you got some money off because of the bad paintwork
I would love to go and see a car and get money off just because of the paint that you know its an easy fix
It looks lovely though
What colour you doing the wheels?
Mine are going white once I can afford it :S

Ah thats shit, If I found one in black I might be tempted by it as I could maybe get away with it being black for a while

Yea got it for good price although he would hardly budge on the price, don't think he knew what he had tbh as it was up for a cheap price!

Cheers for that, I think your the first one to say that Its getting there though
I'm still undecided on the colour, think its between white and anthracite.

White should look good on yours. White and brocade is an unusual combo but it works well I think! Hope to see an update soon
Jamie-C

30th Oct 10 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out today again to give my clocks another bash. Turned out the ECU in these is in the engine bay behind the inlet manifold and to add to it, there was no pea green wire!

Had to run my own wire into one of the connectors and into the block at the back of the clocks.

More work in it than what its worth tbh! If any one needs help with wiring these in feel free to U2U me

But there not totally done yet, read on here the only clocks you can run on the 1.0 3 cylinders is clocks from another 1.0 3 cylinder, but was talking to corsa_scotty and he said they worked fine in his, so thought what the hell there free why not.

Anyway there reading wrong, it idles at about the correct revs but when its actually reving at around 3K its showing on the clocks about 5 or 6K. Is there anyway to make them read properly with them being at of a 1.4 16V?

I'm not to bothered tbh, I have a moving needle if my dad can get me 3 cylinder ones then happy days, if not these'll do
Piér

30th Oct 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done on the clocks mate I would never be able to get anything electrical working in my car lol, I thought my central locking was fucked when in fact the fuse had come loose :S

Yeah, I haven't really seen it done and I sprayed the steels white for a laugh and really like the combination so the 6 spokes are going white too
White looks real good on star silver as does anthracite, a kid on here already has white on your colour so maybe anthracite? Will look spot on

Had a tiny update today, sprayed my wiper arms they were looking a bit rusty
Will update again when the spoiler is fitted

[Edited on 30-10-2010 by Piér]
Jamie-C

30th Oct 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, well when I say "I", in this instance, I mean my dad he done most of this one while I was hunting the net for clues and passing the info on

Yea his is the one thats putting me of doing mine white, don't want to look like I'm copying him, done a chop with anthracite, looked whack, think its because the bumpers are black, maybe if I had silver bumpers anthracite will look good? I'll go to halfords and then decide which one I want while I'm looking at the paints
Piér

30th Oct 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, didn't think about the black bumpers :S
Maybe see if you can get some colour coded ones off of ebay or from a scrappy?
I think anthracite will look really good!
But upto you
Haha, my friend checked my fuses for me and then laughed because I didn't check them first
AlexW

30th Oct 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You found the ECU pin ok then? I keep meaning to unplug my ecu and post up where the wire has to go.

But yeah 3 cylinder dials are needed, There not too hard to find.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts. 24 database queries in 0.1694071 seconds