corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very worrying amount of smoke coming from the corsa last night

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author very worrying amount of smoke coming from the corsa last night
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Sep 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

serious? insane amounts of smoke? im not talking about a puff or a bit of a trail im talking about smoke pouring out so you cant see the car behind like the OP described? im fairly sure he would have got black flagged

[Edited on 14-09-2010 by Steve]
djgritt
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen cars have it happen around Quarry a lot too

Happened on my Cavalier as mentioned on previous page on Quarry - that never had headgasket issues either
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you are telling me that if a car was releasing insane amounts of smoke, every time it went around quarry, and i quote

"so bad that i could hardly see the car behind"

that the car would have been left to continue?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont doubt there is a fault or whatever you want to call it with the C20XE that it does smoke a bit on hard cornering, but if its smoking in the words of the OP, and for that prolonged period, then something definately isnt right
Aerox-lad

14th Sep 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x14xe it is
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i dont doubt there is a fault or whatever you want to call it with the C20XE that it does smoke a bit on hard cornering, but if its smoking in the words of the OP, and for that prolonged period, then something definately isnt right

It's literally smoked for a few seconds on track. The above sounds like it goes on for quite a while.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup Oil Surge, the Sprout used to do it like a bitch! Scared the hell out of me the first time it did it! Couldn't actually see the car behind me when the cloud of smoke blew out the back at warp speed
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X14XE

deffo not right
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah my bad, sorry no knowledge whatsoever on those engines! Still could be possible, although oil surge caused by something that shouldn't have failed?!
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really not trying to fall out with any of your beautiful people in this thread as you all have nice faces, but i dont think what this boy has is oil surge

could you tell us was the smoke bright white/bluey white?

[Edited on 14-09-2010 by Steve]
Aerox-lad

14th Sep 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldnt really see mate. it was definately more white than blue.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long was it smoking for would you estimate
Aerox-lad

14th Sep 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well about 3 mintues after the roundabout i drove 200 yards and stoped. left it to idle and drove away. as soon as i driove off it got better
danny678uk

15th Sep 10 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did it in my old x14xe it covered the dual carriage way no one could see only did it the once then was ok after i think too much oil tried get threw the pickup pipe and just chucked it through the exhaust
Fro

15th Sep 10 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My XE received many blasts of death and never once did this
chrex

15th Sep 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, XE's are renowned for it...which is why there are breather mods. Mine did it when i had a catch tank and overflowed the bugger one night when i was caning it.

Another mates one was doing it repeadely on track. Normally around left hand bends if the car's thrown in sharpish.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can accept there is an issue with XE's chucking out a bit of smoke in these situations,

However, the description of the problem was insane amounts of smoke, that he could barely see the car behind.

Are people suggesting that people are taking cars out on track with those symptoms repeatedly and not getting black flagged?

So basically every time they go round a left hand bend there car is covering the track with smoke and yet they are left to continue?

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by Steve]
danny678uk

15th Sep 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine happened when i dropped down a few gears and loadz of black smoke just poured out as though the oil had just gone through the wrong bit but i have seen a few xe's do it aswell when they have been driven around roundabouts abit quick
Aerox-lad

15th Sep 10 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to let you guys know i went out on the same bend last night and it was fine? i went a bit slower as it was wet though
alan-g-w

15th Sep 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by danny678uk
i did it in my old x14xe it covered the dual carriage way no one could see only did it the once then was ok after i think too much oil tried get threw the pickup pipe and just chucked it through the exhaust

Not taking the piss mate but oil can't get 'chucked' into the exhaust. Only way that'd happen is valve stem seals or piston rings and it wouldn't be so much that it made hundreds of smoke unless something major fucked up.

I've had what many other people have experienced with the XE's - I was going a bit too fast along side a 106GTi, we both blasted through a roundabout and my car chucked out a cloud of smoke/steam that covered the whole exit of the roundabout. Nothing was wrong with the car at this point other than a brown stain on the seat after I thought the thing was totally fucked.

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by alan-g-w]
danny678uk

15th Sep 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well thats what happened arent too sure why but thats what it seemed like and there was nuthing up with the car as it still ran for thousands of miles after this with no problems at all

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by danny678uk]
spankyjames

15th Sep 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you forgot to mention to everyone that you had to fill your coolant back up as you had none in there, im with steve on this one and saying your HG is on it was out
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aerox-lad had to fill his coolant back up?
spankyjames

15th Sep 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i dont know if he done it , he just told me he had none so filled it back up
Steve
Premium Member

15th Sep 10 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so thats it then really isnt it, non of this oil surge nonsense

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » very worrying amount of smoke coming from the corsa last night 23 database queries in 0.2004130 seconds