corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET
SimonTW

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha you went to Oz a boy and came back a man!
gidged500
Premium Member

8th Sep 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol You could say that ! Thanks joey I'll have a look into them

Little bit of progress today : first off my dash has somehow cracked :/ so I pulled it off going to nick the plastic cover off my other Corsa when I go up tomorrow all being well
Before

After

Read wiper motor had packed in aswell so that's been replaced
Front washer jets arnt working either pump works but no water come out, split pipe maybe ?
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a few bits today rear wiper had given up so nicked the one from gus and fitted that also fitted my calibra leather rear seats ....

Comfy
Also picked these up as my existing ones are going a bit rusty , just need 2 new wings ..

gidged500
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so an update since finishing gus i decided to spend my time rebuilding my black corsa.
since my last update nothing massive has happened but ive fitted my speedlines and removed the gsi front bumper which is for sale ! also started stripping the engine bay so the loom has been removed and the engine will be soon for a tidy up or bigger power plant , not decided yet but i do want to paint the block etc and make it tidyer anyway few pics

as you can see theres a few areas of rust that need treating thanks for looking

[Edited on 29-11-2012 by gidged500]
gidged500
Premium Member

29th Nov 12 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

forgot to mention i upgraded the ignition system from dizzy to dis pac so its on defferent management made a massive difference :_
Vauxdan88

30th Nov 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate just read from the start, did you notice much, if any, difference when you fitted the sbd manifold?
reecegsi

30th Nov 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you do anything to rear seats to make them fit? I have some out of calibra i need to fit
gidged500
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the sbd manifold made a massive difference pulled far better , best mod you can do to a c20xe

As for the calibra seats , they don't fit straight out of a calibra you have to modify them think there's a guide on here somewhere. Worth doing there well comfy
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So little update today had a bit of spare time so got stuck in, first off I removed all the arb and wishbones to inspect them and see what condition they were in. In short they were knackered the bushes were split on a few parts so I'm just going to take all the arb etc off gus that's polybushed and fit it to this. Also I removed the inner mud guards to check for rust, there is a bit so I got stuck in with a wire brush on the affected parts, did some of the front of the car aswell. Didn't get chance to sand it all down. Found out my v6 callipers used to be yellow aswell :/ not my cup of tea I'll be painting them black when the time comes.
Jobs to do next time are remove suspension and radiator and paint the rust once sanded down a bit anyway pics.

Drivers side inner arch not massively rusty but will be getting some attention

And the passenger side

Coilovers will be getting replaced for some new ones as I want some stiffer ones

Arb etc off, wasn't keen on coming off though

The reason I'm not using it again and using polybushed items

After some wire brush treatment (not finished sanding yet)

Random shot !

That's all for now hoping the engine will be out soon and will be going for sale if anyone's interested
Thanks for looking g
*CorsaCal*

4th Jan 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this all the way through and i love it mate just 1 question, whys the engine coming out and for sale?
gidged500
Premium Member

4th Jan 13 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks cal I can answer in one word turbo! That's the plan anyway just need to sell a few bits and buy one don't know how long that will take though
gidged500
Premium Member

5th Jan 13 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully going to be getting some parts to the powder coaters soon going to get my speedlines done not sure what colour yet though thinking
Black
Silver
Anthracite
Any thoughts
SimonTW

6th Jan 13 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ. What did he paint the front crossmember with to make it look like that already!
gidged500
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea it hasn't protected it at all though will look better when Sam has painted it ha ha
SimonTW

7th Jan 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get every last bit of rust off and use a red oxide primer before going in with the paint.

Are you just black hammeriting it?
kennySRi

7th Jan 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see some updates on this. I always thought that the speedlines will suit this car much better than Gus. Keep them silver and fit that Airdam and it'll look great. Would also be good to see some cleaned pics, always looks dull in the pics!
gidged500
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I'm gonna put red oxide on it did that with gus, then Hammerite got a full tin of white :/ gonna buy some black for the callipers though

Think the speedlines will be staying silver tbh, much prefer the look to black , might give it a wash when it's a bit more complete probably the light in the garage is why it looks dull
gidged500
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*****Quite a big update today ! *****
So a delivery man arrived this morning with this !

Any ideas what it is ? I started unwrapping it and .....

After unwrapping it I got it into the garage ...

Got some extra parts aswell .....

Forge intercooler

The back

Random shot ...

More parts

Started stripping further

Whilst waiting for the coolant to drain

And off !

Got home and arrived to a parcel !

In it were

And

So now I have a c20let the c20xe is for sale , the let is a good spec engine-
pec rods
porus head mod
saab injectors
Xe inlet cam
vernier pulley
arp rod bolts
new piston rings.

So that's all for today thanks for looking
*CorsaCal*

31st Jan 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice 1. Look forward to seeing it in n running!
ArdenblueDan

31st Jan 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that is a big update looks good buddy
M Sutton

31st Jan 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome mate! Did not expect that atall. Look forward to see it done
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

31st Jan 13 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait to see it all in mate
SimonTW

1st Feb 13 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not lose a single part!

What are the remains of the pipes at the front of the bay? Is it the steering fluid pipes or something?

Getting the old engine out will be a doddle with the crane.
gidged500
Premium Member

1st Feb 13 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the comments guys I'll keep you all updated
Si - the pipes are air con pipes I've started to remove them but they go behind the engine. When the engine is out we can remove them, whizz the steering rack off aswell
Every part is in a box safe and sound even though I can loose a ratchet by putting it somewhere I know exactly where all the parts are , I've put it all in one cupboard

[Edited on 01-02-2013 by gidged500]
kennySRi

1st Feb 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice update Ged, wasnt expecting this

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET 23 database queries in 0.1936998 seconds