corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET
Ad Blue B

User status: Offline
10th Jun 14 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its still not done yet? Looking good buddy! Was good to speak to you at pv!
gidged500
Premium Member

10th Jun 14 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha nope I spent all Monday on it so made good progress. Aye was good to have a chat with you
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Jun 14 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went and did a bit more last night , managed to wire everything up. I didn't have a live feed to the Ecu loom. Only question I have is the Amal valve clicks away when the key is out of the ignition. Maybe because it's only got the loom connected to it not any vac pipes ?

Bought this aswell

Worked out about £96

I took the old linkage off as it's for an f20 and isn't short enough so I thought I'll shorten it and fit the short shifter.

Not mine but this is the difference the first one is the original the arrived section needs shortening

And after shortening and with the short shifter fitted

That's all for now
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Jun 14 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought these aswell might do all the linkage

Aidan-Fleming

13th Jun 14 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those bushes surprisingly make a massive differance!!
gidged500
Premium Member

13th Jun 14 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so Aidan they were £10! Ha ha

Massive thanks to ale63 for this info on Audi bearings

hi. you would need to have your knuckles machined to take the bigger bearing, if you having the knuckles machined i would buy the bearings first then take it all to a machine shop so they can machine the knuckle to be a tight fit to the bearing.

You'll need a bearing with this dimensions:
Internal Bore: 39mm
Outer Diameter: 68mm
Width : 37mm
Ebay Link to right bearing - http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350915888277

[Edited on 13-06-2014 by gidged500]
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got these through the post today eBay win @ £57.98 a steal as there only 1 year old

Arrived today

Just need a good clean

daine
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it run now George!!!!
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't, I didn't have anything to block the fpr blanking plate so when I did crank it over I got fuel but no pressure need a guage/set up like this

gidged500
Premium Member

15th Jun 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some more parts ! Went a bid mad on my max bid
Had to get the top hat as I've been waiting 3 months now for mine from tx autosport. So I've had enough.

Also got these, good selection. Mad bid again

Col004

15th Jun 14 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big spending buddy
corsajay88

15th Jun 14 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on George will be driving hover cars by the time this is finished
mark106mark

16th Jun 14 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad you never paid £90 for the top hat........... there £59.99 new from TX Autosport :S
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo a must on the short shifter, one of the best and most noticeable mods

the centre nylon bushes are a cunt to get in, the only thing that lets the shifter down is the pinch bolt at the gearstick end and the plastic cup bushes at either end of the linkage, they are actually made of chocolate, Iv been through a few pairs
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta spend the £££"s to get the results col

Jay what's the release date on the hovercraft cars- see how long I have

Steve I've never had a short shifter so hopefully like you say it will be well worth it

Mark as I said before I've waited nearly 3 months for my top hat from tx autosport every time I ring they say there having trouble with the supplier. Got fed up of waiting as it's an essential part. I've checked again today and it still says out of stock. Shocking really -

Got home today and this had arrived

Must say to say I ordered it Thursday and it's here already is brilliant. Customer service etc is A++ anyone thinking of getting anything from them it's a must there brilliant.

Inside was -

M Sutton

16th Jun 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome George! Can't wait to see it finished
mark106mark

16th Jun 14 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh infact I had the same problem last year. I ended up gettng one off a facebook page in the end...... good progress. Did the m tech have to come from Switz?
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There a nightmare to deal with. Won't be buying from them I don't think. Mtec are from the Netherlands, you thinking of getting one ?
--ToM--

16th Jun 14 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope I never end up bidding against u for vaux parts with max bids like that hahhahaha
mark106mark

16th Jun 14 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i meant the netherlands, I already have m tech shafts and hubs luckily. Not looking to get a short shifter at this stage but ill await your recommendation when yours is done
gidged500
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mark
Ha ha Tom when i want something I go mad

Mark I shall let you know what it's like sounds like there well worth doing according to Steve.
Generation

16th Jun 14 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you call tx? They're shut online, but over the phone they are awesome! Only about 30 mins from me too, have bought loads of bits without issues
gidged500
Premium Member

18th Jun 14 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've rung them several times, just don't seem to get any further with them. Might just be me they don't like think I've been patient waiting 3 months for a top hat though
gidged500
Premium Member

20th Jun 14 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20/6/14
Well the postman came with a few parcels yesterday inside were my 3" top hat a load of hoses and a fuel pressure guage
Hoses

Top hat

Top hat on

Fuel pressure guage

And it started !!! Second time

Hopefully the vid link works
gidged500
Premium Member

5th Jul 14 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So since I got it running I've focused my attention to the underneath of the car as I spotted an area that could do with some more paint when I was checking for leaks, so I've been painting the underneath.
I dropped off my short shifter with Beardy
Had a bit of a problem the linkage I have him was a nova corsa Frankenstein job so I need another corsa linkage to make it all fit -
Pics

The linkage

The old bushes looked knackered so I ordered some new ones

Took this off aswell

Revealed some rust :s looks worse than it is

I cleaned all the dirt and rust away and set about painting it all with red oxide primer for now to protect it a bit more then I'll hammerite it next time I'm up

This is the only photo I took

Bought some new discs and pads for the corsa c rear beam just waiting on some shockers and new bushes for the rear beam now

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17    18  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My C20XE Corsa Sport rebuild becoming a C20LET 23 database queries in 0.3212159 seconds