corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jam's Sport Project-The Jigsaw

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jam's Sport Project-The Jigsaw
Jamxe

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 10 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, makes the effort worth it. Hard to keep motivated but when I get something tidied and looking like new I'm happy. Hopefully the weather will stay good for another few months so I might get it finished. Won't be many corsa's around my way looking like it, they still like the combat kits over here

[Edited on 22-08-2010 by Jamxe]
Dale

24th Aug 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good nice and clean! I do love a clean underside!
Jamxe

24th Aug 10 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DRS
looks good nice and clean! I do love a clean underside!

I do dream of having and underside like urs..

[Edited on 03-09-2010 by Jamxe]
Jamxe

29th Aug 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to go all ‘die mutherfucking rust’ on the lower front crossmember today...Was a bit messy looking but not too over the top.. Gave it a good clean with some autoglym machine cleaner to get rid of all the oil and shit over the years..

Then attacked it with the wire wheels.. I put some rust remover on the surface rust that I couldn’t get to and left it over night.. Bit of water and a light rub the next day and it was spotless..

Gave it a few coats of kurust and left it soak in.. Forgot to take pics, oops, but it did the job..
Just got a coat of anti rust primer on before I called it a day.. Not looking too bad now..

[Edited on 03-09-2010 by Jamxe]
Jamxe

5th Sep 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys n girls..

Have a little update from this weekend. Got the crossmember painted up earlier in the week but didn't get time to put pics up. Much better now.

Painted up the rear brake pipes too. Had some Blaze Yellow lying around since the time I did my strut brace on the other corsa so gave them a shot of that. I like the contrast with the silver and black..

Wasn't in the form for much then today so decided to give the machine a well deserved clean, she's been sitting in the yard for a long time now picking u every bit of sh!t flying around so gave it a wash, a badly needed clay and a polish... Was easy enough as there wasn't many panels to do

Felt sorry for the run around so gave her a wash and some polish too. Have to treat them all the same eh..

EuroCorsaa

6th Sep 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is gona bee MINT!!!
Carnt wait to see it done!!
Jamxe

9th Sep 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by EuroCorsaa
This is gona bee MINT!!!
Carnt wait to see it done!!

Thanks mate. Have to get it done now. More time consuming than I first thought though..hummmmm
Jamxe

9th Sep 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Big ish update this time around.. Place an order with autovaux for some parts.. Top quality service from them..really are a great easy to use service..
Arch liners

Catalytic power sapper..

Handbrake cable & New ABS Drums

Bonnet Cable, Oil filter, Aux belt, Rocker & Thermostat gaskets

Inner & outer drive boots

Plastic arch nuts & abs sensor bolts

Fuel filter, Clips for the fuel tank, exhaust manifold nuts and studs, o rings and rocker bolts

Then fitted some fuel lines back on the tank...I like all this stuff.. Feel like you've achieved something..

that is all for now

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by Jamxe]
nath2905
Premium Member

9th Sep 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is awsome
you must of put loads of time and money in by the looks of all them new bits that the car's has
Psychotic

9th Sep 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really clean car mate, you fitted those hoses yet?
Jamxe

9th Sep 10 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nath2905
that is awsome
you must of put loads of time and money in by the looks of all them new bits that the car's has

Too much to think about nath lol.. comes into my head every now and again, I think, "jesus I've put alot into this car" then I try get the though outta my head asap...

quote:
Originally posted by Psychotic
really clean car mate, you fitted those hoses yet?

Thanks.. No not yet, they're just throw in the pile of stuff to fit.. Once I do I'll have pics up here

[Edited on 09-09-2010 by Jamxe]
Jamxe

14th Sep 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did abit more tidying today.. Starting on the engine bay now so took out all the brackets that looked tatty and got them cleaned and painted..

Painted my bonnet lifters too as they were starting to rust..

Gave radaitor brackets a clean and polish.. When cleaned up I gave them a spray of engine lacquer to see will it keep them in this condition. Might work, then again might not ha ha

Then I noticed all the bolts/screws/nuts I had removed from the car were covered in surface rust.. I put them in some rust remover and left them overnight.. Rinsed them off the next day, some wire brush action on the tougher ones and this was the finished article.. Threads have grease on them so look dark but the heads of the bolts are clean which was what I aimed for..

end
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really good update again,cars looking clean and i really do like the run around corsa

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
corsagsigav

15th Sep 10 at 05:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what rust remover did you use matey
Jamxe

15th Sep 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Really good update again,cars looking clean and i really do like the run around corsa

Cheers again Dan, it's slow progress but progress none the less.. In no rush at the moment cause winters coming and I don't really want to have it on the road for the first time during the winter..

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
what rust remover did you use matey

Just had some Hammerite Rust Remover Gel lying around. I found it to be good stuff that does the job. Probably been better off using the Dip they sell but as I had this I just used it. Instructions say to apply every half hour for 3 hours until rust is gone. I used to just lob a load on to whatever I wanted to clean and leave it overnight.. Small bit of wire brushing and some water and the rust was gone.. Can get it in Halfords and places like that..
corsagsigav

15th Sep 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers will have a look carnt say i have seen any in our halfords
Jamxe

15th Sep 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
cheers will have a look carnt say i have seen any in our halfords

should be over with the cans of spray paint and stuff.. Looks like this..

Can get it in different sized tubs too.. And you can get a Dip which you mix in water and leave the part into.. Never used this but should give the same results..

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by Jamxe]
Jamxe

21st Oct 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright? Been lazy with regard to the updates so here goes..

Had four pots on the run around Corsa

So got myself some new bits for the swap over..

Needed some spacers as I used non hub centric before and they weren’t the best, always had some form of shudder creep into the steering.. Hopefully these FK’s will sort me out..11mm each side.. also have momo brand extended wheel bolts

Sent the calipers back to Hi-Spec for a full refurb. I have them over 5 years and they never gave me bother but I felt now was the time to get them checked out and make sure they were in perfect order. They really gave them a going over as they weren’t in the best condition going to them but look like new again now. Sent from Ireland on a Thursday evening and had them back on a Tuesday morning.

Cleaned up the discs and hoses myself. Grooves were full of solidish(I make up words too) brake dust so got some sandpaper and a polishing pad at them.

Did the business, should keep me safe for a few more miles... Have the coilovers sent to AVO too for a refurb so will get them painted up when I get them back.. I think I'm on a constant high going around from all the paint fumes..

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Jam's Sport Project-The Jigsaw 24 database queries in 0.1777322 seconds