corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x18xe1 conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x18xe1 conversion
dan-sport

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just reading up on it all from warren G's and daveylc's project threads and it seems relativly straight forward but im just wondering is it worth doing this conversion say over a redtop conversion?
are the gains worth it?
what bits would i need from the x18xe1 donor car?
what extra bits would i have to source?

ive done a redtop conversion and the power was nice, im just tempted by doing something abit different.

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by dan-sport]
.Matt

14th Aug 10 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Standard, the gains are up and down depends on engine's life but when you start tinkering the become quite powerful very quickly, easily see 150bhp as warren has proved.

All you really need from donor is the engine itself. Of course ecu, transponder etc.

Most people seem to go down the FPR in the engine bay to solve the problem of the 1 way fuel line.

My opinon is they are better but then a redtop owner would say otherwise all depends what you want.
dan-sport

14th Aug 10 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate i've built a redtop, it was fun and i would love to do one again but the 1.8 conversion a hell of alot easier and cheaper so it would be nice to try something new.

what do you do with the transponder? just put it by the barral or get the code put onto a new key?

the hardest parts seems the loom and finding the right engine also what do you do about powersteering as id like to keep it but cant find out how i would keep it as warren is using eps and dave used a manual rack

[Edited on 14-08-2010 by dan-sport]
.Matt

14th Aug 10 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the PAS mount from a 1600, and used the standard setup for it. all fits as same block design etc.

Just replace the transponder on your barrel with donor and stick the chip in the existing key. Ecu is only like 9 wires if your going into a 1.4/1.6 16v shell.
dan-sport

16th Aug 10 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the advice mate, Sounds pretty easy would it be worth trying to get somebody like davey to make the loom or not? I'm tempted as I can get a cheap sport with a recked engine
.Matt

16th Aug 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea its prob worth asking davey, not sure if he still makes them or not though, but be easier in the long run as you would know it was right.

New Poll