corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hungarian GP - Schuey Barrachello incident

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hungarian GP - Schuey Barrachello incident
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by Butler
RUBBISH! Why should Schumacher be punished for a move Senna would be proud of

100% agree with that

Senna would have been punished too, dont see what that has to do with anything, it was still dangerous.

Didnt realise the rules were now based on "what senna would be happy with doing"
antnee

2nd Aug 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres holding your line and being downright dangerous! Forcing someone in that position is fine if its grass at the side, but not a concrete wall!

And you have to remember it was for 9th position (i think), not to win the world title!
Ben J

2nd Aug 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Murray Walker...

"I am a massive Schumacher fan but I have to say he's gone down a bit in my estimation; his aggressive tactics have been over the top too often," he said.

"Australia '94, Jerez '97 and now Hungary in 2010 are just three examples which all exposed a flaw in his character and he more than deserved his 10-place grid penalty for Spa.

"I have to say the one in Hungary was the worst I have ever seen because if it had gone wrong Rubens Barrichello could have been very seriously hurt, maybe even killed, and the same thing applies to a lot of people in the pit lane.

I just think he went a step too far and I sincerely hope that the rapping on the knuckles that he has had will stop him doing it again. But I doubt it."

Spot on.

bullock106xsi

2nd Aug 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
MS has always been a dirty twat.

Racing is racing but deliberatley putting someones life at risk is a disgrace. He's trying to make up for his lack of talent and shit car.

If I was Rubens i'd have dropped him in the pits afterwards.

[Edited on 02-08-2010 by Ben J]

100% agree.
Butler

2nd Aug 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive watched the video again a few times, on hindsight it was a bit reckless, you can see why Schumacher did it though. I just dont like peoples attitudes towards him though because he is still a talented and passionate driver and I have much respect for him. I compared the incident to the attitudes of Senna because people arent so quick to say anything bad about Senna now hes a legend and all that. Schumacher isnt a prick hes just passionate and dedicated and I respect him for the way he drives for the best part.
Ojc

2nd Aug 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumacher always has and always will be a cheating bastard.
ed

2nd Aug 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumachers driving was totally unsportsmanlike. If I hear one more tit say oh it's motorsports and that's what is about my head will explode. Unacceptable manouver.
Tom G

2nd Aug 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see a problem tbf, he was just driving to the lines....
leon.

2nd Aug 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was trying to close the door far too late
ed

2nd Aug 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you for real?
leon.

2nd Aug 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me?
Ben J

2nd Aug 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Schumacher always has and always will be a cheating bastard.

SetH

2nd Aug 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
quote:

100% agree with that

Senna would have been punished too, dont see what that has to do with anything, it was still dangerous.

Didnt realise the rules were now based on "what senna would be happy with doing"

LMAO yes, amazing the recent Senna bandwagon since the topgear feature

Most people on here were fucking 5 years old and sucking on their mummas titties when he was racing. I was in year 10 at school and can remember the Senna vs Mansell battles like it was yesterday
AndyKent

2nd Aug 10 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a pretty stupid thing to do, and there was no need to be so aggressive.

For me, what makes it worse is that he was fighting over a single point. He's said over and over, he's back to win a championship which means either winning races or getting regular spot on the podium. By the time you're back in tenth place it's hardly the end of the world if someone in a faster car gets a run on you.

All that PR shit with inviting the BBC to his ranch a couple of weeks ago undone in 10 seconds
Ben J

2nd Aug 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had people talking to me about how great Senna was since that episode that were either WAY too young to actually remember him or have previously had no interest in motor racing!! Winds me up.

Those days of Mansell/Prost/Senna were just fantastic. Back in the day there was no (or alot less) politics, no computer driven cars, it was raw, even more dangerous, and it was alot more to do with driver skills than the cars. If they brought back manual boxes on these F1 cars the current drivers would be lost.

As for MS, i'm all for waching F1 drivers who like to race wheel to wheel. I'd much rather watch the likes of Senna, Mansell, Hamilton who get stuck in rather than the "smooth" boring Hill and Button who can't overtake for toffee.

But MS yet again has gone way too far and risked someones life. Absolute tosser.

Marc

2nd Aug 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH

Most people on here were fucking 5 years old and sucking on their mummas titties when he was racing. I was in year 10 at school and can remember the Senna vs Mansell battles like it was yesterday

I remember too, Mansell, Senna, Piquet.
shibby

2nd Aug 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember Senna racing to, he went abit far sometimes, but i dont remember him doing anything at 180mph like that - his moves were all slower speeds, where there was no real risk of injury. apart from the prost one mainly.

Fact is, there is no excuse if anyone else has done it before- thats irrelevant, Schumacher shouldnt have done that. He isnt a kart racer, he knows exactly what was goin on. Fair play for rubens for sticking in there
Butler

2nd Aug 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
quote:

100% agree with that

I was meerly making the point that Senna has many times been guilty of a similiar offenses in light of the recent media attention, since people seem to have such a high opinion of Senna and yet label Schumacher a 'prick'.
Marc

2nd Aug 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Schumacher is a prick, but he is/was a brilliant driver so people tollerated it!
FlamingCorsa

2nd Aug 10 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if RB had eased off because of MS moving over on the track and not overtaken then no one would have been talking about it! cos in the rules your only alloud to make one move to block which schumacker did always moving to the right!

its just cos both drivers wanted the place really badly,

RB had comitted to passing on that lap cos he had great exit!
and MS had comitted to defending to make it so he could not pass! so it was amazingly close!

i am glad there was no crash but it made for exciting pass in the race :

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Hungarian GP - Schuey Barrachello incident 22 database queries in 0.0140929 seconds