corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just a few tips for buying stuff from classifieds

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just a few tips for buying stuff from classifieds
Ad Blue B

User status: Offline
24th Jul 10 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
As I said Ian, you talk some waffle. Off your logic of Maths no-one would drive to work, they would all walk? or drive mopeds?

Ian clearly states that he would rather spend less money on a set of tyres for his car to commute to work ect, than rather pay £79.41 for one tyres you moron, and they would fuck you over if you had an accident, okay they are road legal but as ian has stated you are given no warrenty that the wheels will give you a leg to stand on depending on which field you end up in when you've taken off in your fucking metro...

Let you fucking Badger, why start fights over the internet you fucking keyboard warrior...
Partyvan
Banned

24th Jul 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig_s
hang on wasnt it you that was pming me about my car when it was up for sale?then after chatting about it for a while you didnt write back.

Yep because I spent 3 grand on another LET Corsa project shortly after because you didn't have a f*cking clue
Sean-B

24th Jul 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I'd had a few when I wrote my rather meaningless reply last night xx
BarnshaW

24th Jul 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a thread
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lolz
mattk

24th Jul 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might start commuting on r888s, shit scared I might crash now on my way to jobs on normal tyres, do they do r888s in transit van fittement? or do they only come in sizes suited to more performance oriented cars, like metros
MarkSport

24th Jul 10 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually agree with the guy (although he was really bland)

Nothing worse than people messing you about.He seems fair with his points raised.

Hammer

24th Jul 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where did all these arrogant wankers come from on CS? They have that much money they can talk down to everyone about their massive salaries and mega bonuses but then try and sell 17 year old kids shady second hand exhausts for their corsas.

Do us all a favour and fuck off.
adiohead

24th Jul 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but fucking rofl harris, LET you take the piss out of people driving 'tin pot corsas' and your daily driver is a fucking Metro, are you shitting me?

No matter how mint it is it's still a fucking Metro midsomer Murders called, they want their car back.

Seriously, why are you still here as you appear to hate the site so much? I dont have a problem with you before you say, you're a pretty funny chap at times but what is the point trolling all fucking day long?

inb4youdriveaPeugeot

[Edited on 24-07-2010 by DannyB]
John

24th Jul 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's because he's a massive, largely illiterate (probably not his fault, he's a fat yank), cock.

Posts longer that paul_j's that don't actually say anything apart from how much money he has and how everybody else is poor.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

full of innuendos that guy
Jambo

24th Jul 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that money still riding the bus....
Hammer

24th Jul 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You know for a fact he only eats mars bars and sausage suppers he phones in from the local delivery place. Probably has a poster of Steven Seagal on his wall and Star Wars dolls in their original packaging.

His type are ten a penny on the internet.
ecclesturbo

24th Jul 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

N3CRO

24th Jul 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
Shut the fuck up to be honest.
Limecat
Banned

24th Jul 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, but by inappropriate, I mean not appropriate. To be clear, commuting means driving to work and roads are where you do this.

Commuting to work is a cost which you incur when you go to work. You go to work to earn money. It is preferably to earn more rather than less. Expressed another way (the A Level Maths will come in to its own here ), minimising the costs which you incur when you go to work will mean that you earn more - wowzers.

Track tyres are expensive. Expensive tyres are bad, boo

Using track tyres to commute is expensive. Particularly as when you do it on a road, like the road between your house and your place of work, normally a public road, which is subject to laws of the road, you can't drive like you're on a track. So you can't enjoy your expensive track tyres, because you're on a road. Going to work.

You might even argue that track tyres are inappropriate for road use.

Again, remind me who mentioned wet weather first? Would that be you? Would that be based on assumption?

Would that, when clarified for you, still mention price first and weather secondly? Would that include reference to my personal feelings about them, given that I have owned soft compound tyres in the past and used them on a road car, and decided against doing so because they were actually shit? Would that include me using the word 'imagine' because I'm neither in a position to comment about 888s or interested in finding out, especially behind the wheel of a fucking Metro?

Ian, you appear to have skirted around the point at hand.

You said they were 'inappropriate for road use', you are now posting about commuting.

These would be inappropriate for road use by virtue of the fact they are not road legal;

Strange you mention laws of the road and try to 'google' something in an attempt to somehow discredit the fact that the tyres in question are 110% road legal?

Yes, I did mention weather first because, as anyone who runs these on a road car will tell you, the most common falsely spouted rumour is that they are dangerous in the wet, I was being preemptive.

As you say, you aren't in a position to comment about 888s, so why did you continue to do so?

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
But please don't assume things about my posts that you can't fathom out for yourself. And while you're there, look up the the word inappropriate.

Try your own advice Ian. I clearly stated in the advert which as you removed it and hinted at a few things mentioned in it would suggest that you actually read it, that they were for sale as the person in question was going for a different compound and size. (Infact they are going for A048's but only as 888's aren't available in a 175/50/13).

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
PPS I take it all back, they're perfect for commuting which is why your mate is selling them

quote:
Originally posted by Circuit Boys
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
As I said Ian, you talk some waffle. Off your logic of Maths no-one would drive to work, they would all walk? or drive mopeds?

Ian clearly states that he would rather spend less money on a set of tyres for his car to commute to work ect, than rather pay £79.41 for one tyres you moron, and they would fuck you over if you had an accident, okay they are road legal but as ian has stated you are given no warrenty that the wheels will give you a leg to stand on depending on which field you end up in when you've taken off in your fucking metro...

Let you fucking Badger, why start fights over the internet you fucking keyboard warrior...

Funniest post ever.

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Where did all these arrogant wankers come from on CS? They have that much money they can talk down to everyone about their massive salaries and mega bonuses but then try and sell 17 year old kids shady second hand exhausts for their corsas.

Do us all a favour and fuck off.

To answer you in a totally serious manner, I mentioned once about my bonus and it was the insecure people from 'Sports Day' that seem to have ran with it. You lot have filled in the gaps, not me. I will simply run with it for the sheer hell of it.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I'm sorry but fucking rofl harris, LET you take the piss out of people driving 'tin pot corsas' and your daily driver is a fucking Metro, are you shitting me?

No matter how mint it is it's still a fucking Metro midsomer Murders called, they want their car back.

Seriously, why are you still here as you appear to hate the site so much? I dont have a problem with you before you say, you're a pretty funny chap at times but what is the point trolling all fucking day long?

inb4youdriveaPeugeot

Yes, you read it right. I have also on this very thread hoped for the day where in maybe 10 years or so all the poor examples of Corsas have long since rotted away.

Correct, it is still a fucking Metro. I'm not going to sit here and say they are an amazing car, or even remotely good because TBH they aren't but as a modified car they tick every box that I would personally need.

@ Midomer.

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's because he's a massive, largely illiterate (probably not his fault, he's a fat yank), cock.

Posts longer that paul_j's that don't actually say anything apart from how much money he has and how everybody else is poor.

Don't throw stones in glass houses fella.

[Edited on 24-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
adiohead

24th Jul 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics of Metro or STFU?!?!?!?!?!??!
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jul 10 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless the Metro had some form of Honda engine I wouldn't even entertain the idea of being a passenger in one, let alone owning one What ever floats your boat though.
Hammer

24th Jul 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait.

He drives a fucking Metro???
mwg

24th Jul 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After all the shit dished out to people on here and lording it over everyone and he drives a frigging metro Absolutely brilliant
BarnshaW

24th Jul 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Limecat
Banned

24th Jul 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
pics of Metro or STFU?!?!?!?!?!??!

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Unless the Metro had some form of Honda engine I wouldn't even entertain the idea of being a passenger in one, let alone owning one What ever floats your boat though.

No but once my manifold arrives I shall be doing my conversion so hopefully within the next fortnight it will be as in the pictures above but with a Lotus Elise VVC engine, DVA ported head with altered inlet cam timing and an uprated exhaust cam, lightweight steel billet flywheel, fastroad clutch, LSD, fully poly bushed, increased front camber bottom joints, custom built large capacity rad with brass end tanks, pacet fan, nitrous, front and rear ARBs, full Samco set, 4 branch manifold, full stainless, droop stops, big cross drilled/grooved brakes, MGF hydra-cans and rear subframe, quickrack etc. Oh and the slicks, obviously. As I say, i'm not going to try to claim they are the best cars in the World as I would be lying but it ticks the right boxes for what I want from a daily driver!

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Wait.

He drives a fucking Metro???

Blimey, this one's sharp...

Keep up Hammer.

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
After all the shit dished out to people on here and lording it over everyone and he drives a frigging metro Absolutely brilliant

I also have a big spec R5GTT, have just broken up a Corsa LET and have a fucked Subaru sat in my mates lock-up.

[Edited on 24-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
BarnshaW

24th Jul 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you have a metro, a renault 5, parts for a corsa let and a non working subaru. Awesome.
Limecat
Banned

24th Jul 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
so you have a metro, a renault 5, parts for a corsa let and a non working subaru. Awesome.

Some quick learners on here today. Some of you are really on the ball.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just a few tips for buying stuff from classifieds 22 database queries in 0.0193059 seconds