corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My COD Black Ops thread

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My COD Black Ops thread
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 10 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
after playing modern warfare 2 last night, if this game turns out anything like that, i will sell it on quite quickly. cheats and jtag fuckers are really starting to piss me off. and there seems like there is nothing anyong can do, or is prepared to do to stop them ruining the games.

What exactly was happening Nic? Everything's patched. Sounds like you're using it as an excuse now tbh.
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing has been patched. cant be.

was getting shot by people through walls that cant have known i was there etc. people auto aim at me when cant even see me on screen etc. its a load of bullshit tbh.

if quick scoping cheats are in the new game, i reckon i will play something else. pointless.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People quick scope into spawn spots a hell of a lot, could be that and shooting through walls is just part of the game, if you'v ebeen caught in a cross fire it's unfortunate. Plus, the game is slightly glitchy and without cheating you can see peoples arms poking out through walls all the time.

All infections, wall hack, uav, aimbot, etc has been patched for ages. Only people online on an actual jtag will be able to mod and I doubt they're wasting a Key Vault shooting you through a wall.
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as long as none of it goes on in the new one then it dont matter.

the quick scope thing is fuckin shocking. how they never patched that is beyond me.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know they've definitely taken measures against quick scoping anyway

I'm with you, I hope it does stay clean and I can most certainly say that infections are patched in Black Ops. They've finally put in a load of anti-cheating stuff. It was never their fault tho, it's Microsoft's fault for jtags being around.

Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really understand that pic loaf?
mwg

2nd Nov 10 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I don't understand a lot of what brett says. Way over my head
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get some of it as brett showeds us some of the stuff he could do to online games with jtagged box in the past. was quite amazed at the things they can mess on with.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bear with me...

Dvars are the game variables. All the dvars have their default settings which are loaded when the game starts. These hold all the settings for all the individual aspect of the game. Since they're loaded at the start of the game, the game doesn't try and reset them back to normal at any point after that. So, if you connect to a jtag and it changes your dvar settings, those settings will remain on your system till you turn the console off.

So for example, with MW2, these are all the dvars for what you will get in care pakages and air drops.

quote:

scr_airdrop_ac130 "3"
scr_airdrop_ammo "17"
scr_airdrop_counter_uav "15"
scr_airdrop_emp "1"
scr_airdrop_harrier_airstrike "7"
scr_airdrop_helicopter "7"
scr_airdrop_helicopter_flares "5"
scr_airdrop_helicopter_minigun "3"
scr_airdrop_mega_ac130 "2"
scr_airdrop_mega_ammo "12"
scr_airdrop_mega_counter_uav "16"
scr_airdrop_mega_emp "0"
scr_airdrop_mega_harrier_airstrike "5"
scr_airdrop_mega_helicopter "5"
scr_airdrop_mega_helicopter_flares "3"
scr_airdrop_mega_helicopter_minigun "2"
scr_airdrop_mega_nuke "0"
scr_airdrop_mega_precision_airstrike "10"
scr_airdrop_mega_predator_missile "14"
scr_airdrop_mega_sentry "16"
scr_airdrop_mega_stealth_airstrike "3"
scr_airdrop_mega_uav "12"
scr_airdrop_nuke "0"
scr_airdrop_precision_airstrike "11"
scr_airdrop_predator_missile "12"
scr_airdrop_sentry "12"
scr_airdrop_stealth_airstrike "5"
scr_airdrop_uav "17"

Those are basically the odds of you getting each item in a drop. So, if we change every single one to "0" and make the two nuke ones "1000" then the odds are obviously massively in favour of a Nuke So, we now have a nuke in every care package.

On Black Ops now when you try and do the same thing as MW2 and fiddle with the dvars on a retail xbox you get that error message I posted above.

Hope that explains things I waffle on about a bit
Nic Barnes

2nd Nov 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be long before they get past it though brett will it and ruin another game for regular players.

shame really.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Nov 10 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as they do I'll let you know so you can sell it on
corsagsigav

3rd Nov 10 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well just had a little play and i do like it but it seems like you run and turn abit slower than in mw2.mite just be me like
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I swear I will go tits if this nonsense is what goes on with an xbox
dannymccann

3rd Nov 10 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with Nic and Eck, this JTagging shit needs to be put a stop to, or at least confined to their own games and not mixed in with the regular players
Nath

3rd Nov 10 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did all that happen on WaW?
Kurt

3rd Nov 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
nothing has been patched. cant be.

was getting shot by people through walls that cant have known i was there etc. people auto aim at me when cant even see me on screen etc. its a load of bullshit tbh.

if quick scoping cheats are in the new game, i reckon i will play something else. pointless.

Have you ever watched those top 10 kill cam videos on YouTube, some are shocking, I watched one the other day, a guy was quick scoping through a random wall Where really no one would have been stood

Throwing knifes randomly thrown from across the map, this was on crash, it bounced along a roof twice and just happened to hit someone strolling past and win the game
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant do that on a ps3 can you? (im not aiming to start a debate)

corsagsigav

3rd Nov 10 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does take the piss i just leave the lobby soon as i get a hint of them,am shit as it is never mind getting owned by them jtagging douchbags lol
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Have you ever watched those top 10 kill cam videos on YouTube, some are shocking, I watched one the other day, a guy was quick scoping through a random wall Where really no one would have been stood

Throwing knifes randomly thrown from across the map, this was on crash, it bounced along a roof twice and just happened to hit someone strolling past and win the game

Because most of the videos are complete fluke or setup

lol once again at people who are getting 'hint of jtaggers' when they're not actually there. Good excuse for doing shit imo. MW2 has been patched for months.

..and yes, it can be done on PS3 and PC and Wii and any other fucking console the game is on.
corsagsigav

3rd Nov 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i openly admit am shit but on the other hand when the names come up with the different colours and xbox x and triggers,that sort of gives it a away as that is a hack is it not.then in the match the have superspeed and harder to kill.
Nath

3rd Nov 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett

lol once again at people who are getting 'hint of jtaggers' when they're not actually there. Good excuse for doing shit imo. MW2 has been patched for months.

Barnes.
Brett
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Did all that happen on WaW?

Without going into detail, no. W@W is only moddable through zombies and not in a normal multiplayer game as a cracked xex has never been released for jtags to use (on xbox's the equivalent of a .exe file is called a .xex). I stick it on sometimes for a cheat free game. That's not to say it can't be modded with a jtag, but infections like on MW2 have never been available. People get 10th on this by going into a hacked zombie lobby only. In other words, people aren't running around with UAV and aimbot in a FFA.

quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
well i openly admit am shit but on the other hand when the names come up with the different colours and xbox x and triggers,that sort of gives it a away as that is a hack is it not.then in the match the have superspeed and harder to kill.

Forgive me for laughing, but wow.

Modded gamertag is piss easy to do and anyone can do it simply with a transfer cable or usb stick. It has no relation to jtags or anything of that nature and doesn't imply any kind of "cheat" is in play. You thinking these people with a modded gamertag have superspeed is just in your head totally. If superspeed was on then everyone would have it, not just one person. Any dvar that can give an advantage like constant uav, aimbot, etc. is patched on MW2, end of. There's nothing to debate.

The main thing to remember in all of this is that every xbox has it's own digital key called a keyvault. This identifies that console to the xbox live network. These can't be reproduced or spoofed and must be a legit one downloaded from the flash of the nand off the board. Once a jtag connects to live it's instantly known to microsoft that it's dodgy and within 4-6hrs that keyvault is banned from the network, so no more live. You'd then need to flash a new keyvault to the console so it could go online again. Keyvaults are in limited supply as they can only be extracted from consoles with an ancient dashboard. They go for about £30-40 online. So, when I say I can't imagine someone is actually online on a jtag, I mean because it's costing him £40 for 4hours gameplay cheating. Hence why they tend to host a 10th lobby with their keyvault and make some money charging to get in.

If there's any doubt in your mind, the new dashboard is out now anyway so I can assure you there isn't a single jtag in the world online now because a modified version hasn't been released for a jtag and isn't going to be supposedly as the developers hate how it ruined live last time round, which is true.

"Infections" were amazing because you could get all these neat cheats by simply connecting your retail xbox to your jtag on your home network, so the jtag itself never needs to go online These are what is now patched, apart from in COD4 which I play a lot

Essay

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by loafofbrett]
corsagsigav

3rd Nov 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well you know more about than i do i am only saying it how i myself see it.
corsagsigav

3rd Nov 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cod4 is mega wish i still had to be fair am actually comperative on there then i come come to mw2 and just carnt get going
chris_uk
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on pc when there was a cheater i used to focus all my attention on geting the fucker.. more often than not id start kickin their ass and they would leave calling me a cheater lol

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll