corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not declaring mods/engine conversions...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not declaring mods/engine conversions...
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st May 10 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
I didnt declare the exhaust or lowering springs on my 1.2 corsa. If i crashed, they wouldve been taken off right away

I'll admit I've used that theory in the past but since Monster's story where he was straight to hospital in a coma for a few months it doesn't work.
SportBoy

31st May 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh in a case like that id be happy to be alive
Ryan_G1

31st May 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
tbh in a case like that id be happy to be alive
Rich H

31st May 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certain mods I can see why they dont get declared. The main one that annoys me is the usual one on here of "is a redtop but still down as a 1.0 on the logbook ;-)"

Springs, wheels, panel filters etc I'm not so anti not declaring.
Cole

31st May 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate to say this but ive not declared my mods suspension,exhaust,remap etc but then i didnt do any of them and i didnt know that it had any done till id insured it and got it home oh and im old enough to not really have to worry about cost

[Edited on 31-05-2010 by Cole]
Limecat
Banned

31st May 10 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another scenario which seems to have happened in Peterborough this weekend as we were leaving Modified Nationals is that someone was cycling up the bypass and appears to have somehow collided with a vehicle? Ok, it could have been accidental but all you need is something like that, your alive, they are dead. You're then fucked with a cock big enough for an elephant, all to save a few shackles...
Mark.W

31st May 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Mines declared with the insurance but not the dvla yet as I can't get an engineers report done until it passes its mot. Personally I wouldn't want to drive it without being declared as I'd constantly be worrying about being pulled etc.

In the past when the engine was standard I just declared the main things like suspension, wheels, exhaust etc and never had a problem when claiming (two non fault crashes). But this time I've declared literally everything I can think of. Its cost me an arm and a leg as I'm only 19, had to work my ass off to pay for it.

If people don't want to declare it thats upto them, I can see why they do it, I just haven't got the balls lol. As long as they don't crash into me I'm not bothered

Thats the main reason why i fully declared my engine change Shaun,I drove my car for 2 weeks before it was all declared to make sure the car was right and i was shitting myself constantly only using the when i had to but once declared i felt much better.

Who are you insured through Shaun?
Ash_EP3

31st May 10 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't declare my points or mods straight away on the civic... now I have declared all of them I feel better just for being honest - even if my bonnet did cost me a fortune

It is a joke how much some companies charge just for a few little things that make fuck all difference.... Also a lot of companies don't cover like for like on your mods - glad Adrian Flux do
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is all declared now but i never used to declare anything, i think £140 a month was more than enough at the time, now pay £64 all declared so i'm more tham chuffed with that tbh
Adam C
Premium Member

1st Jun 10 at 00:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My green corsa was all declared, was paying £2k with wheels, splitters, skirts, lowered suspension etc all declared, I'll admit I didn't declare the mod's for the first 3 months whilst I was learning to drive but cancelled the policy as I wanted my own no claims, and when i switched to quinn I declared them all as it bought a great peice of mind.

The Gsi is also all declared, as Brentacre have me on a modified car policy which made it alot cheaper, no idea how it makes it cheaper but its all declared which again gives me great peice of mind.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
deano87

1st Jun 10 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want a modded car? Pay the price, end of. It's your hobby.
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Jun 10 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
Thats the main reason why i fully declared my engine change Shaun,I drove my car for 2 weeks before it was all declared to make sure the car was right and i was shitting myself constantly only using the when i had to but once declared i felt much better.

Who are you insured through Shaun?

Brentacre mate with a 130bhp limit £1,400 which isnt bad I don't think considering my age and the amount of stuff done to it.

[Edited on 01-06-2010 by shaunmods]
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jun 10 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there are justifications for not declaring, most notably that it's very easy to get away with it.

Even in the event of an accident, you're still insured, it then becomes a civil matter between you and the insurer and if you have no money, you can't pay them back.

That is if they pursue it.

Morally I'm very much against driving illegally but when you look at the penalties for doing so, it becomes very tempting to save money.
antnee

2nd Jun 10 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the police and VOSA pulling more people over on random checks now? Looking to see if mods have been declared and the policy is fully legit.

The way I see it is, if your going to lie about mods, you might as well tell them your a woman, live in the best area possible and have 20years NCB plus every driving course possible
Nic Barnes

2nd Jun 10 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine conversion in my corsa and every year adding different engine mods to it didnt affect the premium as much as fitting a carbon bonnet did, or having a roll cage fitted.
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Jun 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of people round my area say the are older than they are my mate only 21 but on paper 31 and got a tuned clio 172 cup and his insurance is only 900 a year with 6 points....... where as i am 24 with a disqual for dangerous driving and when i got my license back my insurance is 1500 on my corsa gsi with no mods!!! so when the bodyshop give it back after euroing it i aint declaring anything!!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not declaring mods/engine conversions... 23 database queries in 0.0296440 seconds