corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not declaring mods/engine conversions...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Not declaring mods/engine conversions...
Ryan_G1

User status: Offline
31st May 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And just for the record, it's not because I can't afford to insure with the mods before anyone hits me with that bullshit
deano87

31st May 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
All of my cars have been insured as standard. Go on, everyone jump on the bandwagon and tell me I'm a prick.

You're a prick.
Chris x

31st May 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And just for the record, it's not because I can't afford to insure with the mods before anyone hits me with that bullshit
Why then? Knowing the fact if you crash into a 20k car you will have to pay for it would put any normal person off. How the fuck do you justify it?
Colin

31st May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stuck some wheels & suspension on my golf then proceeded to crash it the next day, then had to take a day off work to remove it all before the car got taken away.

Dont want to go through that again so i'll declare mine!!
Limecat
Banned

31st May 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
what did he claim for???

Psychological injuries, he claimed he was too scared to ever drive again so therefore lost his job and wanted a settlement for the age he was then, 50, until retirement age. I only found out when my renewal dropped through for £3600 TPFT (bear in mind this was about 9 years ago!).

It took me ages to find out, I was like 'There are too many zeros on the end!' They were like 'No, that's right!' They wouldn't tell me anything at first due to DPA until I got through to some guy and as soon as I told him my name he knew everythng about it.
connollygt30

31st May 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
100k my ass

Ryan_G1

31st May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
quote:
Why then? Knowing the fact if you crash into a 20k car you will have to pay for it would put any normal person off. How the fuck do you justify it?

I used to work for an insurance recovery company, all the converted and non declaired modification cars got paid out on there damages. I also wrote off my Vxr engined Astra and nothing was said about the transplant. How do I justify it? I'll tell you if I ever crash into someone and have to pay the damages.

Limecat
Banned

31st May 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Very daft move TBH.

You could be the best driver in the World, car control of a God but the problem is you are sharing the roads with millions of people that you just don't know what the fuck they are going to do.
RCoughtrie

31st May 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ryan_G1

31st May 10 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
All of my cars have been insured as standard. Go on, everyone jump on the bandwagon and tell me I'm a prick.

You're a prick.

Ok
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To quote a friend 'A remember the traffics stopped me in ma 1.2 an a ripped ma boost guage out the air vent'

Chris x

31st May 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I used to work for an insurance recovery company, all the converted and non declaired modification cars got paid out on there damages. I also wrote off my Vxr engined Astra and nothing was said about the transplant. How do I justify it? I'll tell you if I ever crash into someone and have to pay the damages.

Far to risky!
mattk

31st May 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
To quote a friend 'A remember the traffics stopped me in ma 1.2 an a ripped ma boost guage out the air vent'

lmfao
Graham88

31st May 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

My Zetec S was insured as this, risk you take, but I refused to pay an extra £1500 just because of some modifications. The thing I don't understand, is I had bigger brakes, and she told me I'd be a bigger risk of crashing? HOW THE FUCK? Those things stopped me as soon as I pressed the pedal, how can I be a bigger risk!
big eck

31st May 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:

My Zetec S was insured as this, risk you take, but I refused to pay an extra £1500 just because of some modifications. The thing I don't understand, is I had bigger brakes, and she told me I'd be a bigger risk of crashing? HOW THE FUCK? Those things stopped me as soon as I pressed the pedal, how can I be a bigger risk!

I think they look at it this way, if you have bigger better brakes then it encourages you to travel at higher speeds lol
Graham88

31st May 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they knew how slow a Zetec S was they wouldn't have thought that

Same with lowering aswell, they only insure 45mm lowering, so I just put that down on my old Corsa, despite the fact it was at least 60, why does it matter how low it is

They just make it up as they go along and it pisses me off
Rich H

31st May 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't afford it, don't do it in the first place. People who don't bother to declare major mods such as engine changes etc do fcuk me right off. I pay a fair old premium for mine with with a fair amount of NCB's. no claims / crashes etc but at least I'm legal - annoys me knowing that there are loads of people on here who have the same sort of car as me but don't bother to pay the price for the insurance.

I do hope that they get caught / crash and find the insurance won't pay out etc!
AndyCorsaSport

31st May 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate of mine crashed his Redtop Corsa, reg'd as a 1.4, totalled the car, also wrote off 2 other cars, they claimed against him, and he claimed for his own car, all was paid out. No fuss.
K3 VMU

31st May 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
i dont understand why it annoys people, as it doesnt affect you in the slightest, nor does it "put everyone elses premiums up"
If they crash into me, Im fucked.

[Edited on 31-05-2010 by Chris x]

no your not, theyre insured and their insurer is legally obliged under the rta to pay for your damages whether they void the policy from inception or accident date
theyre the one thats fucked as if their insuance do void the policy, they may well find a nice bill through the letter box

Yes, then when they get the bill they say, oh I can't afford to pay it, and end up paying it off at some silly rate over the next 20 years, so for the next 20 years, they're out of pocket so to cover themselves, guess what, up go the premiums
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines declared with the insurance but not the dvla yet as I can't get an engineers report done until it passes its mot. Personally I wouldn't want to drive it without being declared as I'd constantly be worrying about being pulled etc.

In the past when the engine was standard I just declared the main things like suspension, wheels, exhaust etc and never had a problem when claiming (two non fault crashes). But this time I've declared literally everything I can think of. Its cost me an arm and a leg as I'm only 19, had to work my ass off to pay for it.

If people don't want to declare it thats upto them, I can see why they do it, I just haven't got the balls lol. As long as they don't crash into me I'm not bothered
Graham88

31st May 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But as previously mentioned, if somebody hits you their insurance have to pay, whether or not that person has to foot your bill after is irrelevant, you will always be covered. The only person at risk is the driver/policy holder

[Edited on 31-05-2010 by Graham88]
LeeM

31st May 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
quote:
quote:
quote:
i dont understand why it annoys people, as it doesnt affect you in the slightest, nor does it "put everyone elses premiums up"
If they crash into me, Im fucked.

[Edited on 31-05-2010 by Chris x]

no your not, theyre insured and their insurer is legally obliged under the rta to pay for your damages whether they void the policy from inception or accident date
theyre the one thats fucked as if their insuance do void the policy, they may well find a nice bill through the letter box

Yes, then when they get the bill they say, oh I can't afford to pay it, and end up paying it off at some silly rate over the next 20 years, so for the next 20 years, they're out of pocket so to cover themselves, guess what, up go the premiums

but if everythings declared the insurance company get nothing back, so therefore not declaring things should bring premiums down in time?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

31st May 10 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you for real? So upto now I think we've had 4 people in this thread say they aren't legit. If those 4 people all had claims averaging 10k and it just so happened they were with the same insurance company (unlikely but I'm trying to portray a scenario), that insurance company will have to pay out 40k for the 4 claims then each person says they can't afford to repay and end up paying on average £41 each, per month for the next 20 years. So the insurance company have spent out 40k and it's 20 years before they recoup that money.

Now being businesses, insurance companies won't be pleased about being out of pocket so to cover their arse in the short term, they use their premiums to cover such risks, hence the more that don't declare things, the bigger the risks, the higher the premiums.

There's also the risk of being done for fraud too, it's not all that common but is it really worth a custodial because you don't wanna pay a bit more on your insurance?
Mertin

31st May 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt declare the exhaust or lowering springs on my 1.2 corsa. If i crashed, they wouldve been taken off right away

Ibiza has a panel filter, thats not declared n recently had the remap and haven't declared that. Dread to think how much they'll want for that

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Not declaring mods/engine conversions... 22 database queries in 0.1716421 seconds