corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi c16xe rebuild!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi c16xe rebuild!
mar_cus

User status: Offline
28th Aug 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of presents for the head...i hate spending money, why can't life be for free? haha! Oh well, 16 new valves, headbolts and gaskets! and my head has had its wash and skim and is currently having its new valves guides been cut in! Should be picking it up later on today! Qualityyyyyyyyyy!

mar_cus

5th Sep 10 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not long now
mar_cus

5th Sep 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So yeah, a little update from today...

Everything is built back up and came to time up the engine and found that the thread in my block for the tensioner is stripped. So tomorrow i am going to the shops for a tap and some heli-coils to sort out a new thread! Hopefully i will be able to slip it into the small gap available to fix it, otherwise looks like i'm lifting my engine back out the car to for this fix! Can't believe it, after everything that has happened, just ONE bolt is stopping me, oh well, don't want to bodge it, can't risk having to fork out £££'s again!

Roll on this week coming, hopefully, i'll get a break and everything will work out just fine!!
jibjob

5th Sep 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, If you're having problems with the tensioner bolt and hole i have some aftermarket bolts for the tensioner that are hex head rather than torx. Plus i know a bloke who will come to your house and helicoil the bolt hole for you for £30-40 and hes usually there within a few hours. If you want either the bolt or his number let me know
mar_cus

5th Sep 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Hi mate, If you're having problems with the tensioner bolt and hole i have some aftermarket bolts for the tensioner that are hex head rather than torx. Plus i know a bloke who will come to your house and helicoil the bolt hole for you for £30-40 and hes usually there within a few hours. If you want either the bolt or his number let me know

I've already got some aftermarket bolts matey and i might give you a u2u about the heli-coil but i'm gonna speak to the guy who did my head for me because he's top notch and a mate of a mate, so i'd like to keep business with him! Thanks for the help though buddy, really appreciated!
mar_cus

6th Sep 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right news is that i'm getting the heli-coil done this week or this weekend, so just gotta wait...again...for that! lol, but that gives me time to wrap up some other bits and bobs!

So i started stripping the boot out more and taking the crappy sound proofing off the body of the car ready for some paint!

Abit more progress tomorrow! Will update then!
mar_cus

8th Sep 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just waiting for the weekend for the heli-coil kit now, and in the mean time i've been finishing off some cosmetic touches of the interior! Here are some pictures...

From...

To...

Just got to remove the spot welds on the arches for the rear seat brackets and smooth it out with abit of body filler and then i can spray them! Should be laughing! I've also planned to get black carpet from another corsa, just got to go hunting on ebay/scrap yards! Then next i need to reweld my brackets on the front seats and flock the dash eventually!!
mar_cus

12th Sep 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So started today, a little hungover from the house party the night before, but never the less! I needed to sort my car!!

So time for this heli-coil to be sorted...

So i drilled out the hole for the tensioner and tapped it...

And the result was....

Then time to put in the heli-coil...

And again..the result was...

Bobs your uncle, fanny's your aunt! All timed up and went to turn it over and everything seems to be working, the compression is there and the car is plodding when turning over, just doesn't seem to be a spark...will be investigating tomorrow, although i don't understand why...i've had a new crank sensor and coilpack, and i did the paperclip test and nothing comes up...strange, any ideas?!

Anyways...

How she sits now...

Efckitson

12th Sep 10 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read though the thread mate awesome stuff!.. Doing the work yourself just makes it 10x more rewarding when finished .

Any other plans once you have run the engine in etc?
12valver

12th Sep 10 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strange issue you've got , can't think what would cause that... The cars looking awesome though
mar_cus

12th Sep 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Efckitson
Just read though the thread mate awesome stuff!.. Doing the work yourself just makes it 10x more rewarding when finished .

Any other plans once you have run the engine in etc?

Cheers buddy, well yeah i have got a few plans, maybe some R1 Carbs eventually, i'm gonna get my flywheel lightened and also some head work done

quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
Strange issue you've got , can't think what would cause that... The cars looking awesome though

Yeah it is a strange issue, i'm going to post a separate thread to see what feedback i get!
mar_cus

14th Sep 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update, yesterday i changed the rear wheel bearings as they were pretty shattered! Not got many pictures, but all 4 wheels are back on and its rolling by hand

Just need to sort my induction piping and exhaust sleeve and I'm laughing!!

mar_cus

14th Sep 10 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It works Just waiting on some deliveries for the induction etc. and should be game on!!!
mar_cus

16th Sep 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few bits and bobs to help with the finishing touches!

List till finish is as follows as long as everything stands in order!!

Fix Side Lights
New Fuel Cap Lid
Weld new brackets for front seats

DONE

On the list of things for the long run i still need to...

Black Carpets/Roof lining
Flock Dash
Half Cage (welded in)
Finishing painting rear
Rear Disk Conversion
mar_cus

30th Sep 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok just a little update on where we are at now!

Had my seats welded, bob on job, couldn't be happier - big thanks to my mate stu!

Also, i have repaired the whole injector loom on my car to see about getting these injectors working and there have been slight improvements, injectors 1, 2 and 3 are working but 4 is completely dead. Now i switched the injectors around and they all work....i then double check the continuity of the wires and i have good continuity to all injectors. Also checked the voltage on the pins of injector plug 4 whilst the car is been cranked, and also the voltage of each injector plug working and the voltage matches! So i know there is enough battery power and the problem is now not electrically related!

I noticed that the valve on the end of my fuel rail has a slight leak in it when the black cap has been unscrewed, now i would imaging this would upset the pressure which would relate to why injector 4 is not spraying.....can anyone confirm this? Would it be easier just to change the fuel rail rather than just the valve?
mar_cus

18th Oct 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More news.....erm, it works MOT is going to be booked for this weekend coming! So roll on MOT!

As it stands now!

dale87

18th Oct 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad the ecu worked pal! Good to see another smoke grey gsi back on the roads.
mar_cus

18th Oct 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale87
Glad the ecu worked pal! Good to see another smoke grey gsi back on the roads.

Cheers mate, top man!
mar_cus

22nd Oct 10 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So car is now complete and i'm due to get it MOT'd but the guy who does all my MOT work for me is racing in barcelona for 2 weeks, so i've got to wait now! Patience is a virtue i suppose!!!

In the mean time i'm going to clear up abit of rust and relocate the battery!
SEAN_P_

23rd Oct 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you have done a cracking job

Very good read this will help me with my c16xe rebuild

bet you carnt wait to get it out on the roads should be an animal

overall was it an easy rebuild
mar_cus

24th Oct 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Sean! If you need any help let me know, always happy to help! And yeah, it was an easy rebuild despite my crappy problems i had! I think that was more bad luck that anything though!
SEAN_P_

25th Oct 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate wil do
SEAN_P_

31st Oct 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wel whats the crack lol is she on the road
mar_cus

2nd Feb 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SEAN_P_
Wel whats the crack lol is she on the road

The crack is that i've got a part been shipped in from germany, which should take about a week to 10 days..so got a little bit of waiting to do, then game on
mar_cus

6th Feb 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my injector loom should be here between tuesday and friday this week coming, but this weekend i did abit of shabby painting on the rust located around where the rear wiper is, its not come out to well, but it will do for the mean while. Will probably get a body shot to blend it in and make it look smarter! Also finished up removing the rear seats brackets, so my rear arches will be ready to paint soon. Got a little snap of the back end to show off my new sticker too

[Edited on 06-02-2011 by mar_cus]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi c16xe rebuild! 23 database queries in 0.1975670 seconds