corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Top spec laptop suggestion?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top spec laptop suggestion?
ajscorsa

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
my acer has never really gone wrong.. its an aspire 5610 and i added more ram.. only problem i get is that it overheats and shuts off occasionally.. when using really greedy programs.. it is like 5 years old or so now though

Open it up and give it a clean inside. would surprise you the amount of dust and crap that gathers causing it to be warmer than it should.
Half Pint

6th Jan 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got a Lenovo X32 which has been used daily for about 5 years and still going very strong...

i also have an X61T which is just as good...

as said a few years ago the cases were suspect as are the hindges but if you look after them they will look after you!
R Lee

13th Jan 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, after being messed around by Sony a bit in regards with payment security etc. I decided to put my foot down and get something what some of you guys suggested

17 "MacBook Pro 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
128 GB SSD
4 GB RAM

I also chose it as a refurbished unit which has saved me quite a few hundred pounds
Its been a while since I last used a Mac (I had a PowerBook G4 Titanium, back in the days), but its growing on me already. Looks fantastic and so far feels slick
Keyboard is spaced a little bit differently from my other laptop so i'm hitting all the wrong keys, though.

Happy bunny
Nismo

13th Jan 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mac Book Pro!
jamied

13th Jan 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatver you get, get the extended warranty!
Leighton

13th Jan 10 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have not read the whole thread so this might of been brough up before but Alienware is owned by Dell now.
Si if you get one of them its just a Dell in a fancy box
Dom

13th Jan 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
whatver you get, get the extended warranty!

yeah i agree, make sure you got/get AppleCare for your mac, they aren't bulletproof and do fail (i would keep an eye on your SSD, no doubt there is an app for it, as obviously they are limited in read/writes) and Apple will happily rip you a new one for the privilege of fixing it (especially when it comes to replacing parts).
I've experienced this with an iMac, the PSU circuitry on the Logic Board (motherboard in PC terms) failed taking out the harddrive, about a week outside the year warranty. They wanted £300 for the parts and about £200 for labour! The thing got put up on ebay for parts and a pc was bought instead...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll