corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Feb 10 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not difficult, just shit. It takes way way way too long for him to lift his arm and knife someone.
MoesTavern

13th Feb 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job you didn't play the first game then Alex
Eck
Premium Member

13th Feb 10 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surey it couldn't have been worse than this?
JonnyJ

14th Feb 10 at 04:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knifing is perfect IMO. Where, in a war, where both sides have decent guns, does a knife kill occur? Really.

If you are at close combat and one guy decides he will empty a clip into you and one guy decides he will attack you with a pointy bit of metal, who would win, on average...
MoesTavern

14th Feb 10 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

You had to press the button first to take your knife out, then press it again to use it.

Knifing was utterly broken in the first game but not for that reason, it took so many bullets to kill someone that people would dash at you from across the room and stab you before they took enough damage to die.

The amount of utter piss boiling rage the above tactic induced in me isn't worth thinking about.
MoesTavern

14th Feb 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Knifing is perfect IMO. Where, in a war, where both sides have decent guns, does a knife kill occur? Really.

If you are at close combat and one guy decides he will empty a clip into you and one guy decides he will attack you with a pointy bit of metal, who would win, on average...

In the first Bad Company the guy with the knife would win every time.....
JonnyJ

14th Feb 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad they sorted that out then, because things like that are enough to put me off a game
Nath

14th Feb 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

You had to press the button first to take your knife out, then press it again to use it.

Knifing was utterly broken in the first game but not for that reason, it took so many bullets to kill someone that people would dash at you from across the room and stab you before they took enough damage to die.

The amount of utter piss boiling rage the above tactic induced in me isn't worth thinking about.

MW2 fucks me off for this reason. I couldnt imagine how angry I'd be playing BFBC!
JonnyJ

14th Feb 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just like to point out also how proud i am of my 04.52am post which, despite me being utterly hammered still managed to make a point ( ) and was somehow free of spelling errors
mwg

14th Feb 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats one thing that pisses me off about MW2 aswell. People that run round knifing people, you are stood there firing at them but they run at you and still manage to kill you with their knife WTF

That'll be why Rob doesn't like Battlefield
Adam_B

14th Feb 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

no you didnt.

Agreed the amount of bullets needed to take someone down was daft though if you didnt get a headshot!
MoesTavern

14th Feb 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, you sure? been a while since I played it. If I remember rightly though you had to press the right bumper to equip your gun again after knifing someone
andy1868

15th Feb 10 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i eventually played this yesterday and was suitably impressed. i think this may be a purchase when it comes out
mwg

15th Feb 10 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try playing COD after you have played on this for a while! It seems very arcade like! I was struggling
andy1868

15th Feb 10 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fear this may be a problem, and seeing as i'm playing shite on it already this may tip me over the edge
Fro

15th Feb 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
That game I just played...Fucking IDIOTS on my team, sniping when attacking...EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM. It took til the last 10 men for people to go forward, and then it was only me and Fro trying to get it Fucking retards. Oh, and the medic is shit but I want the next gun

Agreed some of them were uber tards!!
mwg

15th Feb 10 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a game where the opposition team were basically fucking machines of war. When they were defending once we got to the harbor and they got the Apache we were fucked. The guy flying it was shit hot and killed us within about a minute of respawning. Then when they were the attackers they ripped us to pieces and went through all the M-Com stations in no time at all. It was a piss take how good they were
Fro

15th Feb 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were probably communicating and actually having a plan of what to do as opposed to everyone running around freestyleeeeee
Eck
Premium Member

15th Feb 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you sort out a plan, it's a piece of piss. When attacking the last area, I snuck round the back, put a bullet in the head of a fella trying to take off, and hopped in the black hawk. Took it down to our spawning point where a few guys jumped in, so we had a black hawk armed to the teeth, and two tanks Needless to say we took care of them very quickly.
mwg

15th Feb 10 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going round the back is the best way to deal with the Alpha M-COM on the last area. I also manage to get a few kills there when I am defending that station by going looking for people coming through those fences at the back. They dont expect to see you coming looking for them!
Fro

15th Feb 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The apache area is good for flanking the defenders as you can get right round the back of them and snipe them to a blood spattered death.
JonnyJ

15th Feb 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had another good few games. Only thing that bugs me, like fro and eck were saying, fucking brain dead "team-mates" who just dont think before they do stuff. Whenever i get in a vehicle, I have a quick scout around our base see if anyone wants to hop in, or if im driving and i see a little blue triangle following me ill stop so he can catch up and get in. But when im trying to get in OH NO, they drive off at a thousand miles an hour and promptly get blown up by that guy with the RPG they didn't spot, the guy i could have spotted and taken out while they concentrated on driving and firing at anything infront of them.

Bring on CS squads i say
andy1868

15th Feb 10 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just non moronic squads would do jonny tbh IMO

also, am i the only one that hangs round in buildings because they like the sound the guns make in them?
Eck
Premium Member

15th Feb 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's fucking hilarious when they jump in and nail it without due care and attention There is ALWAYS a one man army bombing down the hill on a quad when I'm defending. He races into the heart of the action and is promptly peppered with bullets from all angles
Fro

15th Feb 10 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even better when they take the wench chopper at the end and fly off on their own...who tha feck is going to do any shooting?

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll