corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I just paid £75 to find out .....

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I just paid £75 to find out .....
Daimo B

User status: Offline
1st Dec 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Northampton Motorsport for a South East RR day? How far do you lot want to go!

Old style farmer yokrshire voice

"back in t'day when t'coal mines were still in service lo-ike, tis was t'south-east rolling road yuknowee"
Ojc

1st Dec 09 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same.

I remember being so young compared with everyone else, that bloke that had the Vectra SRi wheels on his V-reg silver Corsa B who kept doing handbrake turns in the middle of the road? Had a scooby vent as well. He impressed me, I wanted to be him.
Spanishfly

1st Dec 09 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao OJC
Daimo B

1st Dec 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember that

In the carpark in that industrial estate when it was getting dark.

I remember Ecotech

Talk about pOwning yourself...
Ojc

1st Dec 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who was that bloke Daimo? He seemed to be in with the royalty back then, in the pictures of the meet when Renton is sat at the table eating McDonalds with yourself and Ian he is sat on the end, had glasses and a cap on?

Sure he had blue rear light as well, but he was just so cool.
Daimo B

1st Dec 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh I don't really remember. I don't even remember that picture actually. i'll have to dig mine out the loft and have a ganders at some of those old mags.

I think i remember the car though deffo. Just not the person.
Ojc

1st Dec 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the magazine in the garage, it's at the top of the pile as well with a purple R5 on the cover?
Daimo B

1st Dec 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sona's R5? Must be, can't remember any other decent R5's (well actually that was a pile of poop that car, but looked good on the outside ).

Sona was hot though! Renton done well bagging her the skavvy skater boy.

I hear he doesn't do Redline anymore? He said he wanted to quit bloody years ago.

I might go in the loft tonight, see if i can find them. Donnas got a massive pile of her mags downstairs, i "think" mine are in the loft being eaten by woodlice.
Ojc

1st Dec 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope it wasn't Sona's R5, Sona's car came well after that. It might not even be an R5, I just remember the magazine is purple on the front with two naked ladies up the side.

I wonder what happened to Malc that worked for them, he was fucking useless and you could tell that nobody took him seriously.

Renton left and Dav has taken over and the magazine is on the up, certainly moved more towards the tuning and track side of things.

[Edited on 01-12-2009 by Ojc]
Captain_Rosco

1st Dec 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
wtf? surely loads of them are wrong?

Captin Rosco is200 145.6/134 +5bhp standard
Surely that should be 10 bhp down?

Yeah thats right...I was down by 10Bhp.

But TBH i'm not all that worried. Ollie and I have said it before, as long as the car runs fine, then just ignor the graph.

I put the loss of power down to the car needing a good service, as it is almost due soon.

Although I’m disappointed with the graph, I still had a very good time meeting up with every one again. There were loads of laughs, good breakfast (which I’ve never had at other RR days) and some impressive runs. I wouldn’t let something little like my run put me off doing any thing like that again !

Daimo B

1st Dec 09 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Nope it wasn't Sona's R5, Sona's car came well after that. It might not even be an R5, I just remember the magazine is purple on the front with two naked ladies up the side.

I wonder what happened to Malc that worked for them, he was fucking useless and you could tell that nobody took him seriously.

Renton left and Dav has taken over and the magazine is on the up, certainly moved more towards the tuning and track side of things.

Purple Scooby? Bling wheels? Let me look tonight.

Malc, that guy was a strange lad. What happened to all of them tbh....

One of those guys lived on his own small farm, with ducks and chickens, and grew the green funny fag stuff and only smoked home grown, ayiiiiii..

I learnt this whilst on a boat to Ireland, along with learning that one of the fantasy channel girls was actually a top girl, only done girl on girl, but was very very very insecure in herself. We found her sat on deck, in the pitch black, by herself, when we went for a smoke.... Laura I think? I'll get her name later too. Pert, fitteh..
nikkijamie

1st Dec 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Spanishfly
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by jr
to give an idea

nikkijamie's old corsa made 0.5bhp diffrence on the engine dyno than it did on corrected engine power at TOTD

well yeah its very easy to do the corrected power to keep people happy so thats not really a justified response.

when they dont know what power it made on the dyno untill after he printed the graph, what is he a fucking mind reader

Knew you would say that

he is correct though as i didn't tell them untill after as i wanted to see how accurate the rr was
nikkijamie

1st Dec 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Track and road are good.

engine dyno at HT's 201 bhp on 07/12/2008
totd 203.5 bhp on 8/11/2008
track n road showed 198.7bhp on 11/04/2009
richc

1st Dec 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im abit lost here.

Seems when people quote a power figure from from a car, usually with mods (exhaust, remaps etc), peope question them saying has it been on a rolling road?

Then it is put on RR, X amount is given and everybody says ignore it??
nikkijamie

1st Dec 09 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people only say ignore it if it ain't want they was expecting, the only thing you can do is stick to one rr throughout your modding to give you a reasonable idea of gains, but there are always variables
Jake

1st Dec 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Northampton Motorsport next RR day?

i would be up for this. as long as my car will get up and into the rollers ok
Chris x

1st Dec 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Northampton Motorsport next RR day?

i would be up for this. as long as my car will get up and into the rollers ok
Thats 3-4 hours away for me!
StuartVRS

1st Dec 09 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing is, i dont understand why they didnt use the huge fucking fan that was sitting at the side. Then they stuck something resembling a dyson on top of the little fan to blow onto the scooby tmic. As said with mine, i dont have a clue what happened, but speaking to AmD they said the figures are what they would expect fron a standard vRS diesel as they always overachieve. Im positive it was a roller fault and not a car fault.
djgritt
Premium Member

1st Dec 09 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
thing is, i dont understand why they didnt use the huge fucking fan that was sitting at the side. Then they stuck something resembling a dyson on top of the little fan to blow onto the scooby tmic. As said with mine, i dont have a clue what happened, but speaking to AmD they said the figures are what they would expect fron a standard vRS diesel as they always overachieve. Im positive it was a roller fault and not a car fault.

My vRS TDi also overachieved. Twice. On Different Rollers.

174bhp / 284lbft on one set
178bhp / 280lbft on another

the top results running VPower Diesel, the second running BP Ultimate

Sportycorsa86

2nd Dec 09 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I reckon it may be the Mk4 problem where you need to pull the TC/ESP fuse out. On the mk4's Regal/courteney pull out the TC fuses as the ESP notes the rear wheels not moving but the fronts doing silly speed and applies the brakes etc. If you look on Astra sport it's the first suggestion on standard cars that are RR'd.
However this said, Olly could be right as the boost solenoids work one minute but not the next. I've got rid of the rear solenoid for that reason, and run the VXR front one. When the rear was connected boost would vary from 15-22psi!

this could also be the problem with the low reading on the e46 m3, You have to put the car into dyno mode or it will think its on its roof, if its not on dyno mode you can only rev it too 6200rpm, dont know if this is the problem for tom tho, me and my mate found this out when we took his m3 it only made 301bhp at 6200rpm with a remap lol, as you know these rev much further. Just a thought but i know this happening with a good few cars now if the dyno operators dont know what there doing,
jamez_zz

2nd Dec 09 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sportycorsa86

this could also be the problem with the low reading on the e46 m3, You have to put the car into dyno mode or it will think its on its roof, if its not on dyno mode you can only rev it too 6200rpm, dont know if this is the problem for tom tho, me and my mate found this out when we took his m3 it only made 301bhp at 6200rpm with a remap lol, as you know these rev much further. Just a thought but i know this happening with a good few cars now if the dyno operators dont know what there doing,

Bang on the money there mate.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I just paid £75 to find out ..... 22 database queries in 0.1954839 seconds