corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my black x16xe corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my black x16xe corsa
belton

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont put gsi skirts on it mate!
It looks so nice how it is, just need to get those bits colour coded, i love the look of this.
I am sure x16xes have a bottom end problem, mine shot a rod, i read on here someones shot a rod recently, and now yours!
barney1.6sport

29th Jun 10 at 06:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was planning on putting gsi skirts on it, but i just cant be botherd tbf lol. to much hastle, finding some, getting them sprayed, fitting the clips, and then accidently tearing them off when i jack it up or somethin silly lol. cheers, just spoke 2 the bodyshop again, they said its gonna be another to weeks before theyre done because theyre to busy =\
yeah must do.. if they dont end up blowin the bottom end, then the piston rings end up goin ! lol
barney1.6sport

12th Jul 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

putting the corsa away in the garage for a lot of work soon considering it rattles its cock off on start up due to the knackerd crankshaft.. so il be carrying out a redtop conversion over winter.
thought id write down a few plans before i forget them, and i wont be putting the car back on the road until i complete all these jobs..
redtop conversion
coilovers
full gsi kit
uprated brakes
big tidy up !

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by barney1.6sport]
12valver

13th Jul 10 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice plans Stevooo... What you driving in the meantime? please not the rover metro you were on about !
barney1.6sport

13th Jul 10 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao yeah a 1.0l rover metro. terrible car but in good condition surprisingly. just replaced head gasket, 4 new tyres, 1 owner from new, 35k on the clock, taxed and mot'd.. all for £200, thatl do me for a few months. also forgot 2 mention il be relocating the battery to the boot, jus to tidy the engine bay up basically
corsaglasper

14th Jul 10 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
Dont put gsi skirts on it mate!
It looks so nice how it is, just need to get those bits colour coded, i love the look of this.
I am sure x16xes have a bottom end problem, mine shot a rod, i read on here someones shot a rod recently, and now yours!

mine x14xe shot 2 rods bout 3 months ago
barney1.6sport

16th Jul 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol the 16xe's are prety crap tbh but i dont have enough money to go down the redtop route atm
Linch

16th Jul 10 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with 16xe's, I know of loads that were revved to 8k + and never had issues.
barney1.6sport

17th Jul 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well... theyre not crap i supose lol, theyve just been quite common for bottom end problems aka mine !! lol
12valver

15th Aug 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything been done with this stephen? Come on, get some progress made and some updates up lol! Ill have to catch up with you sometime, and take you out in my car and see what you think! Im already bored lol far from fast enough! lol...
barney1.6sport

24th Aug 10 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry didnt even realised u left me a comment.
ah times are hard at the moment lol. trying to save some money up.
i have ctually raised my bonnet which looks much better imo.
ive also decided that im not rebuilding my engine no more lol.
il be doing a redtop conversion over the winter months.
i promise to do some sort of an update when i get an idea of whats gonna be happening the the lil corsa

yh we'l have to meet up soon mate! ah god, wack a 1.6 bottom end on with a vx inlet

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by barney1.6sport]
barney1.6sport

19th Sep 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, i finally came round to updating my progress thread!
Now that my tax has expired, and the x16xe's seen better days, the corsa's been put away in the garage ready 4 its engine conversion.

here's the last pictures before i started ripping it apart.
i raised the bonnet a few weeks ago, i love the look of it but im not sure if it'll b staying. too many people have asked me why my bonnet ain't shut, or if ive crashed it lol.

Done a few bits n bobs 2 it today, the pics will do most of the talking

stripped the rear,
before:

after:

I'l give it a good hoover and clean when i get a chance.

Removed bumpers, arches and lights, ready 4 the new replacements

surprisingly there wasnt any rust

so i gave it a quick scrub

and the last pic of the front end and engine before i started stripping them down..

bumper and headlights off

Started to remove things from the engine ready 4 it to be lifted out next weekend. wether that happens or not is a different story

Put it back in its home until next weekend

and thought id take a picture of the new super cool run around

hopefully have the engine out next weekend. also got the birthday coming up in a month so il be sure to buy some goodies for it

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by barney1.6sport]
12valver

19th Sep 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick to strip it out mate... The metro is so cool ! All you need now is some high vis reflectors for the rear and some disabled badges ! Will have to pop up and have a look soon, and sort out about those parts... Better sort my road tax out first though lol...
barney1.6sport

19th Sep 10 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah was nice n easy. il get some more pictures next weekend with a better camera though cause those picture are rubbish quality lol.
haha i no, so embaressing to drive. yeah definatly, il hold the decat 4 ya!
AlexW

19th Sep 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE engine going cheap then? U2U me

Shame about it dieing.
barney1.6sport

20th Sep 10 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yea, its got a few problems but its gonna be going 4 dirt cheap so its up 2 u mate.
crank shaft needs regrounding and the idle control valves playing up now, wont idle properly.
12valver

20th Sep 10 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
yeah was nice n easy. il get some more pictures next weekend with a better camera though cause those picture are rubbish quality lol.
haha i no, so embaressing to drive. yeah definatly, il hold the decat 4 ya!

Ah yeah i know what you mean, although my phone aint too bad most of the time. Its actually meant to be better than my digi camera lol... Yeah i cant say much i was gunna buy an old shape one at one point cause they're basically a mini in a nasty shape shell and they're really cheap! Let some gas out of the suspension, so it sits a little lower. Then you might not look like you should be wearing a flat cap and puffin a pipe ! Yeah cheers mate, i definately want it, its the next thing ill lay money down on, and ill make sure i dont get tempted by other things lol... Already bought a quickshift and then realised ive now gotta find money for tax, cant make a mistake like that again anytime soon!
barney1.6sport

20th Sep 10 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol il steal my dads camera 4 the time bein
yea i was planning on doing that tonight lol, ive got to do something 2 make it look better cos it just looks f*cking AWFUL atm lmao.
oo nice, get that fitted soon then n let me how u get on with it!!
haha no worries mate, it'll just be sitting in my garage 8-)
barney1.6sport

26th Sep 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removed the engine this weekend...
Turned out to be a nice easy job, apart from the fact that i didnt have an engine crane, so i dropped it out the bottom with a jack, which was arkward... and also snapped my breaker bar by undoing the front hub nut quality old britool tools eh.

ready to come out

and its finally out

I'l be giving it a good clean next weekend, ready for paint etc

12valver

26th Sep 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate, youll have to let me know if you ever want a hand... Surprising how dirty smallblock 16v engine bays get, spose its cause all the gumpf gets in the way! I text you earlier on, text me back when you read it and we'll sort summat out...
barney1.6sport

26th Sep 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 12valver
Well done mate, youll have to let me know if you ever want a hand... Surprising how dirty smallblock 16v engine bays get, spose its cause all the gumpf gets in the way! I text you earlier on, text me back when you read it and we'll sort summat out...

cheers mate, could have done with a hand moving the engine once it was out lol.. i couldnt move it cause it buried itself into the ground!!! ended up pulling it out by tying a tow rope round the rover and pulling it out lmao. also forgot 2 drain the oil so u can imagine the mess afterwards!!! doh!
i'l need a hand putting the c20xe in when i eventually get it
yeah i no! i was going to clean it this weekend but i was knackerd after getting the engine out! a job 4 next weekend maybe.
yeah we'l have 2 swap the decat soon, its off the car obviously so ready when u are!
barney1.6sport

26th Sep 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im also getting both the front side wings sprayed up now due 2 scratching it when i removed the engine
so they'l both be coming off soon 8-)
12valver

26th Sep 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damn thats a shitter, ill keep an eye out for some black wings in good nick, and a bonnet lol... Might work out cheaper!
barney1.6sport

26th Sep 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers curtis, yeah its gonna start getting pretty expensive =\
barney1.6sport

18th Oct 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a few things to the corsa on the weekend..
Stripped most of the engine bay down ready for paint..
Removed the speedlines ready to be resprayed.
I thought that black wheels on a black car was a bit too much in the end =/ so il be spraying them silver when i get a chance, with original speedline centre caps.
Refitted the anti roll bar and just had a clear out of the garage really. Not a great deal done but il be removing the steering rack this week so i can paint the engine bay black and treat the rust on the cross member

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my black x16xe corsa 23 database queries in 0.1236961 seconds