corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my black x16xe corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my black x16xe corsa
barney1.6sport

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

passed its mot !!
got it on the ramp at work n had a good look at it.
the rear disc conversion was an absoloute bodge.
it wasnt a rear axle from an astra, it was a corsa b axle with the astra stub axles welded 2 it. the hand brake cables where rubbin against the axle so i had 2 change it :@
my mates uncle was breaking a car n i managed 2 grab a standard rear axle n a few other bits from him. great condition aswel
heres a few pics of the new rear axle:
(shity pics, my camera hates the dark) lol

didnt get any of the new 1 fitted, im sure you all no what it'l look like lol

and seeing as it was already up on the axle stands, i decided to put my 3" sport back box back on. looks much better.

also had 2 fit a couple of tyres n head lights 2 it as the others were f*cked !
once it passed mot, i taxd it n took it 4 a good run up the road really pleased with it!

In the next month, heres a few things i intend on doing if i save up the pennys 8-)

spray and fit the gsi front bumper

refit one of the wheel arches

refurb the speedlines

give it a good ol' wash n take some decent pics

barney1.6sport

5th Apr 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the rear leather seats fitted properly today, and refitted my depo's, i put new standard ones in 4 mot as the adjusters broken in the depo's.
come across a small problem though..
when ever i start it up (hot or cold)
its rather lumpy. it idles fine but wen i lightly touch the accelerater, it go a bit 'jumpy' lol. only does it 4 a few minutes, then the eml comes on and it stops :S lol
i plugged into it and it came up with egr valve.
i replaced it but the light still comes on. its not a present fault though any more so i dont have a cluuuue. il have 2 speak 2 the lads at work n c wot they think.
apart from that though, il be fitting a new rear wiper motor at work tomor n get my sound system working
and then start to refurb the speedlines in gloss black on wednesday cant wait !!!
barney1.6sport

18th Apr 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i changed my mind about refurbing the alloys n fort tht id rather spray up the gsi bumper 1st
so i spoke 2 a mate at work n he sed he'd do it 4 a cheap price
so heres a few pics of the bumper in the process
should be sprayed and fitted to the car on wednesday:

also, my cone filter was terrible n just didnt fit properly... and it fell onto the fan belt n fucked it !

few pics of it, cant see it 2 well:

i what a shit job ! blaaady engine mount

new belt.. got a genuine 1, the pattern 1s usually end up squeekin lol

aaaaaaaand finally got round to fitting my gm mudflaps

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by barney1.6sport]
AlexW

18th Apr 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like your car, i really do.

Not a fan of the 'flaps, prefer moulded ones but if you like it, its your car!

Was the belt much money?
barney1.6sport

18th Apr 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate. haha yh i love them man. they didnt fit the original clips though so i had 2 screw it 2 the bumper. that took a few atempts, kept going on the piss lol.
and nope, it was only 20 quid so id be stupid not 2 get a genuine one
barney1.6sport

3rd May 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent updated in a while
been doing a few bits and bobs to the corsa
finally got the gsi bumper sprayed up looks so much better, plus there was a huge scrape mark on the old bumper so thats sorted that !

and ive also refurbed the speedlines.
wasnt the best refurb in the world lol. it was my 1st time so there was a couple of run marks and the blooody painted reacted a few times :@ i went for vauxhall midnight black.
ive only fitted 2 of the alloys back on to the car for now as the other 2 need the tyres putting back on them. il refit them tomorw and get some pics on the go. Also gonna be staying late after work to adjust the handbrake and fit my straifght through exaust
maybe get a video. not 2 sure how loud its gonna be. hope its not 2 raspy

before:

sanded down:

in the process

primerd up

finito

the cars looking horrific at the moment lol.. using a replacement bumper untill the other bumpers sprayed, and also my boss at work found me a bonnet as the other 1s FOOKD. so after a few weeks il be pic whoring it up once its all color coded!!

and 1 last photo of the interior. Thought id take a better pic as the old 1 in my garage was a bit dark n gloooooomy =\

[Edited on 01-06-2010 by barney1.6sport]
barney1.6sport

9th May 10 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

resprayed the rear wheels now
getting the rear bumper back from the bodyshop tomorrow
the sprayer said he'l spray everything up once he's sourced a bonnet for my car (will be cheaper if the paints already in the gun)
thought id take a quick cheeky shot of how its sitting atm.

and one at work refitting the vheeeeels

12valver

9th May 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking sweet stephen, im looking for a mint 1.6 sport. If you see any, gunna be a while before i can afford one. But im keeping the back box and k&n panel filter in preperation lol! The black ones covering yet more sins, so should be up and running in a week or two then its going to auction. But got some sony speakers out of it to replace my knackered Omega GM ones... See you at college tuesday. Wanna sort out about PVS come to think of it...
barney1.6sport

9th May 10 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers curtis ! yeah theyre pretty hard 2 get hold of. ah rele ? im sure youl get quite a bit of money for it though once youve finished repairing it.
yeah me and dean r goin on sunday if u wana come down with us.
il have to get the egr valve n bumper off u soon, cant wait to get it all color coded
barney1.6sport

9th May 10 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also tried fitting the sportex straight through exaust the other day...
and it didnt fit the 16xe's have a bigger diameter exaust, so il be buying a a different cat back system soon once i get some moneys 8-)
12valver

9th May 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by barney1.6sport
cheers curtis ! yeah theyre pretty hard 2 get hold of. ah rele ? im sure youl get quite a bit of money for it though once youve finished repairing it.
yeah me and dean r goin on sunday if u wana come down with us.
il have to get the egr valve n bumper off u soon, cant wait to get it all color coded

Yeah, its a write off rear ended at some point. Floors creased in the boot and wheel hardly fits in wheel well... Dont get me wrong its an ok run-around but far from up to my standards. Hopefully get £4-500 when its got an mot and its all cleaned up... Yeah ok was gunna say about going up in yours and me paying your petrol money, seem ok? Okie doke, well bumpers on the car and egrs in the garage and wont go far so no hurry... Will look good cause like you say identical to a gsi bumper just needs colour coding.
barney1.6sport

10th May 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really ?! ah shit man, i fell in love with my old blue corsa, went 2 buy it and right at the end i found out it was a write off ! stil had 2 buy it though for the speedlines i sure youl come across a tidy 1 soon mate. would have fort your corsa wil be worth more thn that. yeah that'l b koooool ! alright cheers, stil finking about buyin the lower strut brace off ya
barney1.6sport

10th May 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

small update
blanked off the sai
gives me a bit more room 2 play around with
and also got a different induction kit of 12 valver on here

before

and after

close up of the blanking plate. i attempted 2 make my own

also refitted my rear bumper until i get my arches and bumper sprayed at the body shop

barney1.6sport

27th May 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yet another small update..
got a new rear no plate (the old 1 was letting it down a bit)

foookd

old vs new

anddd fitted with shticky tape. Much better
gave it a good wash and wax too
shineeeeeeeeeeeeeey

change of plan with the rear bumper aswel. Was meant to be getting that colour coded, but i brought a gsi rear bumper in the end so that'l be sprayed instead ! just sent it to the bodyshop today.
and with a bit of luck, il be picking the bonnet up this weekend.
that'l be a novelty

barney1.6sport

1st Jun 10 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally had enough of my car running like a bag of poo,
so i went 2 fix it
plugged into it and the tech 2 kept reading egr valve fault
brought a brand spanking new 1 from trusty old partco, fitted it and it made it worst !
asked a few helpfull people for advice on what 2 do.....
and i was told 2 buy a second hand 1, and blank it off..
so i did

heres my pitiful atempt of a blanking plate:

lol just found some old scrap metal at work n thought it would do the trick
which it did
runs so much smoother now and doesnt judder every time i lightly apply the accelerator.
also cleaned the coolant bottle as it was a bit mucky:

tidied the engine bay a touch, removed yellow oil cap, tidied a few vac hoses and a clean-er coolant bottle

on the other hand, got bored rather easily a few hours later so i decided 2 take the side door strips off
much better imo !

before (oh just realised, flat tyre ai !)

afterrrrr

and then spent the rest of the weekend shitting my pants at thorpe park

so it turned out to be a rather splendid weekend for me !

[Edited on 01-06-2010 by barney1.6sport]
Ollie_B

1st Jun 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good , does the engine managment light stay on with the EGR being blanked off?
12valver

1st Jun 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, liking the engine bay ... just need the arches and rear bumper now! Black ones now running but smoking like a tropper atm! Just hope it gradually clears, its starting to just hope it gets better. On the other hand im building up the parts for my silver one, hopefully start saving for bilsteins, race tube and manifolds soon!
barney1.6sport

2nd Jun 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ollie_B
Looks good , does the engine managment light stay on with the EGR being blanked off?

cheers matey ! and no it only comes occasionally after flooring it for a while but goes back off when you turn off the ignition
barney1.6sport

2nd Jun 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks curtis ! yeah i no, cheers 4 selling me them theyre just taking theyre time spraying them up im getting them sprayed 4 cheap though so i guess i cant moan
yea mine was a tad on the smokey side of life when i rebuilt it but it should die down after a good road test.
ah quality ! you need 2 start up the project thread once you fix the oil leak!!
Planty02

2nd Jun 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely looking car mate

Really like the interior, looks very well fitted. Might be worth getting down to the scrappy's and looking for a gear gaitor from a vectra (first shape) as they dont have the square bit at the base would finish it off nicely
barney1.6sport

3rd Jun 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers the wheel arches and bonnets really letting it down atm. givin the bodyshop a ring 2mra 2 hurry them up !
i was planning on that actually cos my ones a bit worn, might also pick up a tigra scuttle while im at it !
SRI-LEE

3rd Jun 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate! you going to pvs next weekend? your lucky with your side strips i took mine off and they left marks had to get both sides sprayed! looks awesome now though
barney1.6sport

3rd Jun 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SRI-LEE
looking good mate! you going to pvs next weekend? your lucky with your side strips i took mine off and they left marks had to get both sides sprayed! looks awesome now though

thanks mate ! Yeah definatly, but il be goin sunday this year though what about u ? well the side i removed in those pics came out perfec ! but i removed the otherside last nite, polished and t-cutted it and theres a few white marks its left
might try asking my mate 2 get his buffering machine on it and see if it brings it up a touch =\
how much was it 2 get it sprayed ?

[Edited on 03-06-2010 by barney1.6sport]
Planty02

3rd Jun 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're both lucky, I took them off my first Corsa and one of them pulled a massive chunk of paint off with it
barney1.6sport

28th Jun 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been looking for a decent exhaust system for my corsa for ages and finally came across a full powerflow system including decat pipe that 'lil_rob666' was selling
so i drove 2 watford 2 pick it up and fitted it the next day
ive only got pics of it fitted to the car, was rushing around a bit, couldnt wait 2 hear what it sounded like. sounds laaaavly ! nice and quiet on idle, but comes to life when i put my foot down
here it is bein fitted after work:

not to keen on the mahooosive back box but it will do 4 now.
il get a vid up of what it sounds like soon

il clean it when i can be bothed

decat

fitted !

and also, the crankshafts gone already! lol, it had a few scratches on it when i rebuilt it due to it burnin oil and it not bein topped back up =\ i cleaned it up well but its started knocking loudly, so any body sellin a x16xe bottom end, let me no
just about to buy a little rover metro for a run around for when i take the engine out so il be removing it soon i hope

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my black x16xe corsa 23 database queries in 0.1949470 seconds